did the team give up afer FSU?

It was a combination of the team having emptied the tank in the FSU loss - which I believe is a more accurate way to describe what happened than giving up, Golden and staff failing to get the team back up after FSU, and the power running game of UVA and Pitt.

Advertisement
Even if the team gave up after FSU, they were still talented enough to beat both UVA and Pitt while on auto-pilot, but did not. Why?

Because golden went back to his dorito shell defense for those two final games. If he would have played the same defense against UVA and Pitt that he did against FSU, Duke and UNC, they would have won.

This begins and ends with poor coaching.

Oh and strongly suggest that everyone watch the few seconds of video recommended in post #15.

With the tough loss to Fla.st an all the nagging injuries I can't see them giving up . But something went wrong an lack of numbers don't help. As I sit here in Cincinnati Ohio reading this crap about who to blame an who not to blame. I'll start with duke an his crucial fumbles in the big games an can't stay on the field without cramping up if your gonna be a leader then it starts with you. I choose to look at the future an with the incoming class an 17 red shirts the numbers an depth is better so I'll give Al 2 more years

At 9:40 watch Denzel's reaction to the "Morale Issues" question. That should give you your answer

[video=youtube;7_k35rU5sTA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_k35rU5sTA#t=590[/video]

Man that sums up our season

You guys who are acting like the team giving up wasn't Folden's fault are imbeciles. They gave up because they quit on the HC. It's the ultimate indictment of a HC when the team quits en masse like they have every year under Folden. When the going gets tough, Folden's troops quit. That's all on him.

Advertisement
after watching the kaaya highlights, I was reminded how un Golden like the team looked beating down VT and UNC.

then FSU happened.

now we can put the loss on him I'm sure. but what about afterwards?

it was NOT the same team facing UVA, Pitt, and USC.

what happened to the team?

Teams probably adjusted. It worked because nobody seen the mythical Miami blitz and was surprised when it happened. Lol then teams saw film and adjusted.

denzel is a guy who has called his teammates out alot in interviews during the year too. seems like more a loyalist than chick is lol

Seems like a lot of the morale issues were between the players. The upperclassmen were upset at underclassmen getting more reps than they thought they deserved. I think it started with Kaaya winning the starting job, then it just got worse after Williams was healthy enough to play, but didn't get to.

But yes, that all falls on the head coach. They were upset about the decisions being made by the head coach, so obviously it's a coaching problem.

Advertisement
Wasn't that the excuse in 2013?! That the team gave up after FSU? How long can one excuse be used? These dudes were 6-3 going in to FSU. Wtf u clowns talking about. I mean seriously how dumb can some of u be?

I wouldn't say they gave up but we win that game and that team plays with a confidence they have never felt before. Give up? Probably not. Deflated? Absolutely.

I wouldn't say they gave up but we win that game and that team plays with a confidence they have never felt before. Give up? Probably not. Deflated? Absolutely.
6-3 brah. They were 6-3 before that game. They got hyped for FSU and after they lossed it was back to regular programming.

I posted the following in another similar thread:

I don't understand what the team "quit" means? Exactly how do they do that and what is their motivation?
Do they want to look like puzzies on national tv, in front of their friends and their families? What about NFL scouts, a lot of players have pro aspirations?
Do they have suicidal tendencies? Are they that stupid? What is the reason they play football almost their whole lives?

I don't know about you or them but most people with goals find it hard to give up on those goals, win or lose.
Did they have a team meeting and agree to lay down like puzzies or was it a telepathic silent agreement.

So a team quitting en masse doesn't make sense and individually they know the next guy wants his job.

No, I think this failure to perform can be attributed to recruiting failures, player development failures and game day coaching failures. Totally on the coaching staff.

Advertisement
I don't think they quit, but when team chemistry gets off, and it can in a hurry after a loss like that to FSU, then some players simply don't go all out every play like they do when they have something to play for.

Think about it. It appeared that we were hitting our stride. The NC and VT games were the best two Cane games in a very long time. We absolutely destroyed VT, and the final score doesn't tell how bad that beatdown was. Same with UNC. For the first time in years we LOOKED like the Miami Hurricanes. Then the first half against FSU... We looked like we had turned the corner. Then the collapse. Forget our W/L record going into FSU. We win that game and who knows what walls our kids would run through for each other. After that loss we simply didn't play with any heart. Not only did the coaching staff lose them. They lost each other.

6-3 brah. They were 6-3 before that game. They got hyped for FSU and after they lossed it was back to regular programming.

+100000
They were hyped for the FSU game. Let's be real they just came away with beating an American Conference team and 2 sub .500 teams at the time. This team is always hyped against FSU. Since 2011 the game was in reach to win by half-time and each year we imploded in the 2nd half. FSU adjusted in the 2nd half and beat us. Then we was straight up whooped by our remaining opponents... The team didn't give up teams just exposed our weaknesses the rest of the way. FSU wideouts weren't as talented/experienced as the year prior so they ran the ball with Cook more. UVA ran it down our throats... Conner on one leg ran it down our throats. Spurrier went UF on us and confirmed that our entire defense is bad while humiliating our secondary. We didn't give up we just got beat as players and coaches. Reminiscent of BC 2011, UVA 2012, UL/VT/Duke 2013 and every team with a pulse in 2014.

In case you guys didn't notice this team "quit" after the Loserville game.

It was all going through the motions after that. With the notable exception of the first 3 quarters of the FSU game.

Advertisement
O
after watching the kaaya highlights, I was reminded how un Golden like the team looked beating down VT and UNC.

then FSU happened.

now we can put the loss on him I'm sure. but what about afterwards?

it was NOT the same team facing UVA, Pitt, and USC.

what happened to the team?

No. Golden gave it up to his buddy and he's been a bich since.

2 years in a row FSU took our Soul after that game. its scheduled earlier in the season now so maybe we can not let it affect like pass

I posted the following in another similar thread:

I don't understand what the team "quit" means? Exactly how do they do that and what is their motivation?
Do they want to look like puzzies on national tv, in front of their friends and their families? What about NFL scouts, a lot of players have pro aspirations?
Do they have suicidal tendencies? Are they that stupid? What is the reason they play football almost their whole lives?

I don't know about you or them but most people with goals find it hard to give up on those goals, win or lose.
Did they have a team meeting and agree to lay down like puzzies or was it a telepathic silent agreement.

So a team quitting en masse doesn't make sense and individually they know the next guy wants his job.

No, I think this failure to perform can be attributed to recruiting failures, player development failures and game day coaching failures. Totally on the coaching staff.

"Quit" in sports means not giving max effort and just going through the motions. It doesn't mean being suicidal or any of that other melodramatic bullshyt you referenced. It simply means packing it in emotionally and not really caring about the outcome of games.

It happens regularly, so you guys acting like it's something that could never happen at UM are coming off like retards. You don't have the massive talent edge that UM had against teams like Pitt and get rubbed out the way we did unless you don't give a ****.

Talk scheme and all that other nonsense, but Pitt and UVA did nothing from a scheme perspective that tricked anyone. They just wanted to play and win more than we did, and it should have been obvious to anyone watching.

This team quits on Folden every year. Why are you guys so shocked it happened again last year?

Advertisement
Back