did the team give up afer FSU?

cummon sense

Thunderdome
after watching the kaaya highlights, I was reminded how un Golden like the team looked beating down VT and UNC.

then FSU happened.

now we can put the loss on him I'm sure. but what about afterwards?

it was NOT the same team facing UVA, Pitt, and USC.

what happened to the team?

Advertisement
Word was seniors shut down to protect health for draft status... ala the fight in the locker room between upper and lowerclassmen... which really did happen...

Advertisement
No.

The team never gave up. The team never tried to lose games.

We lost to UVA and Pitt because they are power run teams, and our staff struggles to defend power run teams.

The S Carolina loss was on the offense. The game plan was poor, and didn't attack the S Carolina D where they were weakest. Golden and Coley were too busy trying to feed Duke in his last game, instead of killing them in the air.

It's coaching ... Always has been, IMO.

Golden sucks *** but yes the team gave up after FSU....it was so obvious and if you don't think those losses should be partly blamed on the players then you need to wake up.

Advertisement
I spoke with one of the players dad after the season and he said the team definitely checked out after the FSU game.

Golden is 1-3 against UVA ... That has nothing to do with the players quitting, IMO.

... But maybe we slept-walk through Pitt.

S. Carolina is all on the coaches. The Gamecocks didn't want to be there anymore than we did. We had a terrible offensive game-plan, IMO.

Golden is 1-3 against UVA ... That has nothing to do with the players quitting, IMO.

... But maybe we slept-walk through Pitt.

S. Carolina is all on the coaches. The Gamecocks didn't want to be there anymore than we did. We had a terrible offensive game-plan, IMO.

The players gave up when we were down against UVA, agree with the south carolina part

Advertisement
Golden lost the " leaders" of the team after FSU then a lot of the team followed...
This story will repeat itself once Al goes on the " protect my defense" "slow down the offense " and it costs us a game or two. Then everyone will shut it down and wait on the new coach....
Neb, Cin, FSU,Clemson, VT, then the final dagger in AG/NoD will be UVA! The only close game will be UC just because of talent alone we stay in that game.

At 9:40 watch Denzel's reaction to the "Morale Issues" question. That should give you your answer

[video=youtube;7_k35rU5sTA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_k35rU5sTA#t=590[/video]

Beard commented on how the cultural problem here is that guys are looking past winning and just playing for the next stage, makes sense, unfortunately theres gonna need to be the 98-99 type years to get to the elite stage, you dont see teams catapult from 9 straight no bowl win seasons to elite, so these phuckers are gonna have to whip out there lunch pales one year when they're 5- or 6-3 and realize that its important for this program to have a team finish on a winning streak and with a bowl win to take the next step

selfish phucks

Advertisement
Golden teaches hard work, finishing the race, and being a stand-up scholar athlete. But football isn't all about being sportsman alone... The nitty gritty of football is about when someone pushes you, then you respond by blowing a joker up every single snap, to set-up the knockout punch! Every great team has that philosophy!

Under "Folden's" watch, every time the team faces a bully, we've tucked our tails!

It starts with the little things to make a team tough, like the coach having a tough mentality. Heck this team avoids working out in the sun, which is the coach's call! SMH!!

I respect Golden for his personal moral qualities (sticking up for his friends), but as a coach, dude has to change philosophy!

I'm going to blame it all on our best players who just departed, like Duke, Dorsett, Chick, Denzell, Walford and Feliciano. That way, I can convince myself it was their fault and I can talk myself into getting Charlie Brown'd again next season.

Put the loss in Brad? Or AG? Because if your blaming Brad then your dumb. The pic he threw he had no one to throw to his throw was the best one he could've thrown.

To answer the question though, yes I think the team gave up. They lost to FSU in demoralizing fashion, and got eliminated from the Coastal race because of it. They had nothing to play for. They weren't thinking 8-4 going into bowl season would be great. That's not a goal. Winnibg the coastal was the primary goal, once they couldn't do that they lost focus

Advertisement
Back