Did the Canes slide start in 2014 at Nebraska?

That Nebraska game was another in a long list of stupid losses by Folden & No D. Offensively, Nebraska had Ameer Abdullah then a bunch of Metro PCS employees. Defensively, they were a little better up front (Randy Gregory, Maliek Collins, Vincent Valentine) but their secondary was BUNS. We were still in it late but choked it away with No D's sorry *** scheme. I wanted Folden gone after the 2012 K-State loss anyway

Our downfall started with Coker's **** evals.

Advertisement
The Coker rock bottom was the 40-3 LSU Peach Bowl loss.
The Golden rock bottom was 58-0 Clemson loss.
The Richt rock bottom was the 35-3 Wisconsin loss (and his declining health, tbf).

The Diaz rock bottom was the day he was hired.
Manny has multiple rock bottoms. Fiu latech Duke (enos play sheet) unc and then this year rock bottoms to include bama(unprepared) msu uva and unc. I am stopping there cause I assume Mack gets him canned again

Advertisement
572CC6A3-BA1F-4F92-B123-41B8B78782DE.gif

Its the GT game in 2005.

Not sure why people jump to the bowl game. We shouldn't have been in that bowl. Should have been 10-1, #3 in the country, and headed to the ACC Title game.
Sophomore year for me, I remember walking out the OB, ****ed as ****. Didn't want to go out, was just utterly shocked. All I remember is going to the dining hall afterwards, and no one saying a **** thing. The entire dining hall was silent.

There's no way in **** Calvin Johnson with Reggie Ball throwing him the rock should have been able to beat Miami by himself. That's when I realized that Werner was pure trash, and Kyle Wright looked like tarzan and played like Jane. Losing Ty Moss against Wake Forest truly ruined that season. With him in the backfield, Miami could have squeezed past GT, and made it to the ACC title game. Who knows what happens if Miami rides Moss the rest of the season. That said, you could see that Miami was taking steps back. Shannon was being exposed as the sport changed, Miami should have implemented spread elements at that point, but waited another decade before they did so.

One day when you have some time, OP, you should lock yourself in a room and watch every canes game end-to-end from 2001 to present.

THEN you will understand how and why we declined.

It’s only about 240 games, which I figure will only take you about 720 hours. My recommendation…don’t get up for anything, not to eat, not to ****, and definitely don’t sleep. Just watch it all start to finish. Maybe watch it twice if you have to. Only then will you truly know

Advertisement
Thing about that Nebraska game is all we had to do was watch the McNeese St. game from 2 weeks prior to see how to stop Abdullah. All McNeese St. did was run a basic 6-2 to stop Abdullah...but noooooooo, we came out there in the dopey, patty cake, ****y bumpin' 3-4.

Sophomore year for me, I remember walking out the OB, ****ed as ****. Didn't want to go out, was just utterly shocked. All I remember is going to the dining hall afterwards, and no one saying a **** thing. The entire dining hall was silent.

There's no way in **** Calvin Johnson with Reggie Ball throwing him the rock should have been able to beat Miami by himself. That's when I realized that Werner was pure trash, and Kyle Wright looked like tarzan and played like Jane. Losing Ty Moss against Wake Forest truly ruined that season. With him in the backfield, Miami could have squeezed past GT, and made it to the ACC title game. Who knows what happens if Miami rides Moss the rest of the season. That said, you could see that Miami was taking steps back. Shannon was being exposed as the sport changed, Miami should have implemented spread elements at that point, but waited another decade before they did so.
That year had many Highs and lows. That gt game just destroyed us, and it's been hard for me to be a full homer since then

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have heard Nevin Shapiro betting against the Canes from jail conspiracies so I don't think this is too far-fetched.
i would have some serious questions to the legal department if a ponzi schemer can bet from jail on football games.

Nebraska beat Miami in the 1995 Orange Bowl in the Hurricanes last home game in the Orange Bowl during a period where Miami won 58 out of 59 home games. Miami had players like Ray Lewis and Warren Sapp and still got manhandled physically in the interior which led to the greatest college football dynasty we have seen with Nebraska within 2 plays of winning 5 straight National Championships.

In 2014 Miami finally went up north into the heart of these United States and got smoked by Nebraska in Lincoln similar to how Michigan State smoked Miami last weekend. Before that you would hear that the Canes would never go north to play football games and this seems to be true given the results and the downslide of the Miami football program since that fateful night in Nebraska. I have heard Nevin Shapiro betting against the Canes from jail conspiracies so I don't think this is too far-fetched.

I don't think Miami should ever schedule another away game against Nebraska. I don't think they will either. Even at the lowest point in Nebraska's history they would beat Miami this year. That is how bad Miami is now.

Wow.
Virginia was the last home game in the orange bowl.....secondly what game did you watch? Warren Sapp was a ***ing beast in that 95 orange bowl game they were literally using 3 guys to block him wtf are you talking about man handled? Lol poor quarter back play and penalties lost that game not the defense

Advertisement
Back