Did the Canes slide start in 2014 at Nebraska?

AidansFather

Banned
Banned
Nebraska beat Miami in the 1995 Orange Bowl in the Hurricanes last home game in the Orange Bowl during a period where Miami won 58 out of 59 home games. Miami had players like Ray Lewis and Warren Sapp and still got manhandled physically in the interior which led to the greatest college football dynasty we have seen with Nebraska within 2 plays of winning 5 straight National Championships.

In 2014 Miami finally went up north into the heart of these United States and got smoked by Nebraska in Lincoln similar to how Michigan State smoked Miami last weekend. Before that you would hear that the Canes would never go north to play football games and this seems to be true given the results and the downslide of the Miami football program since that fateful night in Nebraska. I have heard Nevin Shapiro betting against the Canes from jail conspiracies so I don't think this is too far-fetched.

I don't think Miami should ever schedule another away game against Nebraska. I don't think they will either. Even at the lowest point in Nebraska's history they would beat Miami this year. That is how bad Miami is now.

Wow.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hahahahaha…the slide began in 2004. First season in the ACC. Finished 9-3 but we went 5-3 in conference losing to those we lose to most of the time - Clempson, UNC and VT…Lawrence ‘Elmer Fudd’ Coker HC and good ole’ Dan Werner as our OC…for those young pups that weren’t following the Canes back then.

What an abomination..that’s when the beginning of the end began.

It's the NFL drafts fault and Butch not evaluating.....our roster began to dip and other schools began to get stronger cause of our evals. That's when it was the beginning of the end.

Advertisement
Nebraska beat Miami in the 1995 Orange Bowl in the Hurricanes last home game in the Orange Bowl during a period where Miami won 58 out of 59 home games. Miami had players like Ray Lewis and Warren Sapp and still got manhandled physically in the interior which led to the greatest college football dynasty we have seen with Nebraska within 2 plays of winning 5 straight National Championships.

In 2014 Miami finally went up north into the heart of these United States and got smoked by Nebraska in Lincoln similar to how Michigan State smoked Miami last weekend. Before that you would hear that the Canes would never go north to play football games and this seems to be true given the results and the downslide of the Miami football program since that fateful night in Nebraska. I have heard Nevin Shapiro betting against the Canes from jail conspiracies so I don't think this is too far-fetched.

I don't think Miami should ever schedule another away game against Nebraska. I don't think they will either. Even at the lowest point in Nebraska's history they would beat Miami this year. That is how bad Miami is now.

Wow.
F-ing Troll. @RVACane

It's the NFL drafts fault and Butch not evaluating.....our roster began to dip and other schools began to get stronger cause of our evals. That's when it was the beginning of the end.
Nailed it. No Butch No Miami
LSU was the end result.
1632437338812.gif

Advertisement
It happened in the Coker years. I say this because I literally watched a Top 100 kid, who was begging for a UM offer, upset he had to settle for a SEC school. Then, the same recruit found out later that he was actually atop UMs board, they just recruited everybody poorly that year !

The LSU game is when the rest of the world realized we fell off..

Advertisement
The downslide started at halftime of the 2001 Rose Bowl game against Nebraska when Coker took his foot off the gas. We did go undefeated the following regular season but the Fiesta Bowl "loss" and the resulting decline were rooted in the second half of the Rose Bowl MNC.

GO CANES!!!!

Advertisement
Back