Did not realize Elijah Roberts was that big

Yes. I had an older brother who was 6'1 at 17 when he passed. My dad is over 6ft so was my husband's granddad.
How tall is your son?
I know everyone here is looking forward to watching him play.
but be forewarned that some people on this site (like all message boards) will find something negative to write about every player, including him. For my money I hope he plays professional ball because that’s good for him and the team, but as a fellow parent I hope he takes advantage of the educational opportunity. and I hope he has some true college student experiences along the way. Best of luck to the entire family. It should be a fun ride.

Advertisement
How tall is your son?
I know everyone here is looking forward to watching him play.
but be forewarned that some people on this site (like all message boards) will find something negative to write about every player, including him. For my money I hope he plays professional ball because that’s good for him and the team, but as a fellow parent I hope he takes advantage of the educational opportunity. and I hope he has some true college student experiences along the way. Best of luck to the entire family. It should be a fun ride.
The last time we checked he was 6'4 however we are all saying he must have grown a little bit because he looks taller. He stood next to J. Phillips today and they were the same height and I think J is 6 ft 5.
We thank everyone for their support and we are aware of the negatively and have learned to overlook it. For the most part we've received nothing but good feedback and encouragement! We are excited for him as well!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Take that size , cultivate it , nurture it and a beast will be released .
Greatness awaits him , he just has to train like no other to reach that realm of the example Vilma standing right next to him OH SO CLOSE.

To this day I think of Vilmas Rose Bowl hit on Nebraska RB in the flat 😳.

Joey’s success was pure hard work, intellect, and instincts. Grew up around Him and dude literally outworked everyone. So you statement about Elijah holds true. I’m excited to see him flourish.

I remember seeing someone suggest Roberts could bulk up and turn into a 3 tech DT. Anyone that's seen alot of him comment if that is a possibility?
Yes it is a very likely scenario. When I see Roberts film, he literally screams 3 tech to me. Roberts has the freakish speed and quickness to play DE but IMO his natural $ position is going to be inside at 3 tech. I can see Roberts getting up to 290 very easily while still retaining his elite quickness and first step. Roberts has the potential to be a freakishly disruptive gap shooting 3 tech in the Gerald Willis mold as Guards and Centers will be no match for him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
thats been known since his jr year.

He is almost 6'4 260+ RIGHT NOW. He's playing basketball and has good movement as a Strong side end...i predict him to have the same progress here as RJ Mcintosh.

Name a top ol in sout florida....and he gave them that work. OL i know said he was the toughest to block...and he went against a few div 1 DL this year.
Can't believe we're still having this debate, haha. Dude was 260 or so as a senior in HS. Basically, he was bigger than William Joseph and RJ Mcintosh at the same age. He's also just a big kid. He'd have to artificially stunt his natural growth to stay under 280 by August of his True Frosh year. Someone could tell me he grew to 6' 4" 285 by August 2020 and it wouldn't surprise me.

I know some people want to toss him outside his first year ala Pat Bethel, but I don't get it. He has an incredible opportunity to hone his craft as a 3T because of guys like Ford, Miller, Nesta, Blissett, etc. In the past, maybe he'd be forced to play too early. Now, he can set himself up for stardom.

His frame alone intrigues you just because he’ll be able to hold much more weight than he currently is. But you then turn on the tape and realize how good of a player he is. As a senior in high school he’s better than Chad was as a senior even though he was rated 5 stars. When it’s all said and done, he’ll outplay those rankings by a long shot

Advertisement
Back