Did Jeff Thomas leave the team

Advertisement
6th round at best if he blows off his junior year. He is head case who makes poor decisions and everyone knows it. If he doesn’t come back and finish the semester he is career is probably done. To late for withdrawals and clearly he can’t afford all the F’s he would get.

LULZ The NFL is full of "head cases that make poor decisions"

If you can produce on the field you're gonna be there.

Just a thought on JT's character - go live in E. St. Louis for a couple years and see how your character holds up. Driven through there many times since the 80's (fast) and assure you just getting out alive is the goal. It's like St. Louis outsourced their slums to Illinois - a grim place to live. I'm hoping for the best for him and hope it's at Miami.

BS excuse. There are plenty of kids who come from ESL who do just fine on college teams.

This is an issue born from frustration and poor coaching. Dugans needs to be spending TG in ESL. Otherwise he can be gone with the rest of the staff too

Advertisement
That's what you took from my post? "Jesus wept".

AmbitiousBruisedAmurminnow-max-1mb.gif
Yes

Advertisement
A lot of it has to do with how Richt is running things involving media access.

Team sources are strongly discouraged on speaking with the media, or even simply confirming things before the team is ready to release it on their own. There are repercussions on both sides for doing so, Pete even experienced this with the Malek Young injury news release.

Everyone loves talking about how kids play in practice, but clam up when it's time to confirm things that actually affect the team. Most of what I hear ends up being true, but in my position you have to get someone directly involved with the team to confirm things before you say anything, like in this situation or the suspensions from last week. Being new, I've been pretty conservative on this so far, but I'm thinking of riding with a few trusted "outside" sources and saying ***** it.
You can and should do that. As long as you tell us that its from an outside source and not one close to the program its good. We have to TIFWIW thats our role

Pope has not had instant success. I guess that is hard to deal with. Am sure he expected to walk in as a starter.

Many of us here expected more from Mark Pope this year, myself included. For me personally, I tempered that when I noticed how tiny he looked when he got on the field. As well, Harley played well early on (My expectation was that Pope would steal some reps from Harley).

I think an unmentioned variable here is that, as many noted before the season, there won't be enough balls to go around for all of these WRs to get quality catches.

The news is not totally fake but not all correct. My sources in the program just gave me an update.
1. JT4 and Dugans got into it at practice because he came in late and he got mad after practice and pack his stuff and left for home. They say he has been moping around with a bad attitude for a few weeks which is why he never started the last game. Part of it is because he misses his daughter at home. Right now he is out for this week but the coaches are given him the time to clear his head and work with him to see if he wants to come back, kinda like what they did with Willis who had issues. Oh by the way he was never going to start this weekend for coming to practice late.

2. Jarren was mad about the graduate transfer situation and wants to transfer but they are working that out since Bryant not coming again.

3. Pope mad about playing time but his parents or on him to not transfer.

4. There is a real disconnect between the upper class and freshmen which has somewhat divided the locker room because the freshmen has an entitled attitude, believing that they should be playing over the upper class. In other words they came in with the entitlement attitude.

My personal opinion is that its very ironic that the side of the ball that has struggled is the offense with all these internal issues. DIaz got his boys on lock and HC needs to get house in order.
So he's got UM's academic load (which it's very likely he wasn't well-prepared by the East St. Louis schools for), the stress of big time football, and being a teenage father to deal with. I'd need to clear my head too. If he really cares about the daughter, though, best bet is to stay, and land an NFL opportunity ASAP. Going home solves nothing.

Just a thought on JT's character - go live in E. St. Louis for a couple years and see how your character holds up. Driven through there many times since the 80's (fast) and assure you just getting out alive is the goal. It's like St. Louis outsourced their slums to Illinois - a grim place to live. I'm hoping for the best for him and hope it's at Miami.
View attachment 69560

isn't this where the Griswald's got their hubcaps stolen in Vacation? "Look at the plight kids"

Advertisement
If this is true and Thomas has left the team, I personally can't wait to see how DBJ and Joe Z spin this so that it's not Mark Richt's fault and how it will make the team better in the long run. I know it's their job but the spinning those two have done in the pre game and post game shows to protect the Richter...They both deserve to be nominated for Emmy's and given raises...LMAO....
They're expert homers and spinners so I'm sure they'll come up with something.

Not interested in slogging through 55 pages of this but has anybody mentioned the stuff Manny Navarro has been reporting that happened between Dugans and Thomas?

Advertisement
you are a fu**ing moron if you think that pro scouts care of he catches 45 balls in our offense or 70 in some pop gun offense I don't know what to tell you. He looks good on tape, and there's a combine

Total fool if you think him catching some more balls elsewhere is going to matter. Stop di**riding these little prima donna dramatic types...Can't win with this cancerous softy attitude. And little Marky mark pope can take a walk too for a care. Total softness and selfishness.
No, a players career matters.

If he leaves Miami and goes to JUCO for a lower level of NCAAF, he will lose out on millions. Especially considering his baggage that he had in high school and now at UM. Not looking good.

Wow! I wasn't aware that JUCO's took Jr's.

He can go try out for a volleyball team or a water polo team and he will still get drafted next season.

Maybe he'd miss out on millions. Maybe he'd get hurt next season and end up like AR.

Everything is a ******* maybe. Except for the fact that if he doesn't get hurt he will get drafted and play in the NFL.

If this is true and Thomas has left the team, I personally can't wait to see how DBJ and Joe Z spin this so that it's not Mark Richt's fault and how it will make the team better in the long run. I know it's their job but the spinning those two have done in the pre game and post game shows to protect the Richter...They both deserve to be nominated for Emmy's and given raises...LMAO....

I was in the car and listened to the Rutgers game for comic relief and it was crazy the 180 their announcers have compared to Joe Z and DBJ.

Sitkowski threw a pick and they slammed their hands on the desk and said "he's got to go ... put in the other guy".

Later on a 4th and goal they had a touchdown pass dropped and the color guy was like "****. No excuses for not catching that!".

Advertisement
Back