Did Jeff Thomas leave the team

Who knows what's happening. I'm sure Richt will tell them he loves them and cares for them and wants them to be great men. He just has no clue how to get them the ball.

Harley has been a cancer since his recruitment drama. I knew he'd be a problem along with his family.

He won't leave because where is he going to go? He's a three star recruit who has had no impact whatsoever. He'll end up at East Mississippi CC.

Losing pope is going to hurt recruiting in South Florida bank on that.

Losing Thomas is going to set the O back another year. Thomas was able to make explosives plays in a terrible scheme. None of our other WR options have the same ability.

Advertisement
So in 4 different posts you told me I don't know WTF I'm talking about but each time I gave you facts you changed the topic to something else.

First you said something stupid about transferring so I corrected you that he would have to sit out a year anyway. You then concocted some narrative about he could transfer to OK to get drafted higher. I pointed out OK has very few WRs in the league and nobody elite. You then concocted another narrative about Westbrook and his draft stock that was ill informed and once again I pointed out the failure in your logic. Then you pivoted again and just came up with another excuse and blamed recruiting services and high school players from OK.

Your all over the place so I'm done responding but I'd suggest you lay off constantly saying someone doesn't know "WTF they are talking about" when your house is made of glass.

I never changed the topic. You are the one that keeps changing the topic.

You didn't correct me. I stated in my original comment that he would have to sit out. I literally said the other option is. Transfer to Oklahoma. Sit out a year. Get drafted early first round.

You pointed out some BS that OK doesn't send people to the NFL because of the system. I pointed out that the GUY YOU NAMED was not drafted low due to the OK system. You then added even more supporting information to my point.

Then you said OK has more 4 and 5 stars than us so they have more talent so they should send more WRs to the NFL. I stated that the recruiting services are not perfect.

So since you have no idea what you are talking about you are the one trying to change the subject. Anyone with half a brain would realize that Jeff Thomas getting 500 yards in a year is not going to get drafted nearly as high as Jeff on Oklahoma receiving 1500 yards in a year.

Just take your L and stop backpedaling to save the embarrassment.

Advertisement
To be clear, I think the offensive staff deserves plenty of blame. You have a bad offense with bad/mediocre upperclassmen getting a lot of snaps. There is a reason the defensive freshmen aren't complaining as much.

But Pope needs to play better. And JT4 is doing what he's done since high school. Both guys have a lot of blame in this situation.

Oh only a moron would defend the offense...But to think this offense
This isn’t about the offense, it’s about discipline and not being able to take hard coaching.... one minute these coaches will love you the next they’re chewing ur *** out for mistakes.

He’s use to being able to have it his own way in St. Louis and life don’t work like that.

He’ll figure that **** out

Great post.

oh shut the fck up, richt is costing these wide outs millions of fcking dollars and i imagine if they say a single thing out of line to him about it it's a 4 game suspension

Let me be clear...

You guys couldn't be more off here.

If you think Jeff Thomas draft position is going to be effected by whether he catches between 40-50 passes in his 3rd year at UM next season (and that's a minimum as most of us expect Perry to put up better numbers than Rosier)...Or 80 2 years from now in some bubble gum , pass happy system 2 years from now...I don't know what to tell you.

NFL drafts skills, combine performance, and tape...They take WRs from run based offenses, some of them rather high...all the time. You don't think they're gonna like that punt return? You don't think they are gonna like when he makes a guy miss and gets 12 on a bubble screen instead of 6? You don't think they are gonna notice the occasional drop?

You are way, way, way, way off base if you think Jeff Thomas is going to cost himself even 1 penny staying at Miami and playing for Richt's system. No matter what you think of his system. I mean if you really wanna be technical about, Berrios exploded in Richt's system his last year at UM and only year in the system.

Thomas has averaged 18 yards a catch in his career at UM...You don't think NFL sees this?

If you wanna b*tch about the offense, by all means do it. It's been dogshyt all season...But to say playing it effects this kids NFL chances is just plain incorrect. It is not costing him a dime. NOT ONE DIME

I'm just praying Jeremiah Peyton doesn't come to Coral Gables with the same punk *** entitlement attitude many of these young kids have.

why do you assume its the kids attitude and not that they were promised certain things by the coaches before they signed and the coaches did not hold up their end of the bargain?

Advertisement
yes pope is just a frosh, and probably isn't ready to get a **** load of pt, but when Cager, Wiggins, and Langham are getting a **** load of PT ahead of him, can you really blame him for being mad? Lol come on. Lets not act like those guys are much more talented or have been absolutely dominant at practice or something.

When you've looked as clueless as Pope has during the times he's gotten burn, yes, you really can blame him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
why do you assume its the kids attitude and not that they were promised certain things by the coaches before they signed and the coaches did not hold up their end of the bargain?
Because HC's who know anything about CFB don't "promise" ANY recruit a set amount of playtime. You have to earn it, no matter who you are. Period. This is just basic common sense, man. If a kid comes in and doesn't do the right things, he doesn't deserve to play. I'm not saying that is the case with JT4, I'm saying it as a general principle to this concept of a hyped recruit being promised a set amount of playtime.

It's unreal how many excuses everyone here will make for these kids being dumbfvcks due to the hatred of the staff. The staff deserves their fair share of criticism, yes. But Kosi getting suspended in the summer, JT4 *****ing for 2 straight years and now showing up late and fighting with his position coach, Harley being constantly disruptive, other players being suspended, Pope's dumb *** crying on social media after a win and hyping up UF, etc etc etc... this sh-t is indefensible, man.

Advertisement
Back