Did Jeff Thomas leave the team

Advertisement
I don't know how you can say he is getting touches here.
Because he has been getting touches, in every single game. Including 10 and a punt return TD last week. I'd say that's the definition of "how you can see he is getting touches here".

Advertisement
The offense needs a peyote retreat in the Hopi Reservation.

They already did a team retreat and it did NOT work.

When it came time to do the teamwork drill, Mark Pope stood on a ledge, closed his eyes and fell backwards...

...but Cager and Wiggins dropped him. :uncomfortableness:

Jeff Thomas needs to realize what’s best for his future. There is already a TV show documenting him quitting on a team. Being a WR, I think NFL teams will stay away from him if he does it again.

He doesn’t need big numbers at Miami. Everyone in the country knows how special he is. He just needs to work on his craft for one more year and prove that he will not be a distraction in a NFL locker room.

NFL teams have made it clear that they are not tolerating any locker room baggage from WRs. Kid just needs to stay the course. He is on the path for a blessed life.

NFL teams have made it clear that they are not tolerating any locker room baggage from WR's? Exactly why do you think that? The NFL is made up of Diva's and a prime example is that stupid contract that the Giants gave to OBJ....That guy is going to cause them more issues and problems then win them football games. Thomas quits here and goes to Illinois and lights it up...NFL teams won't care...They will take him in a hearbeat.

With all that being said, I personally think that Richt may not be a great coach but he does know how to speak to kids and their parents. I would be shocked if things can't be worked out with all these kids so that they stay.

Advertisement
Yea that sounds good but we have a lot of underperforming upperclassmen whose only claim to playing time is that they’ve been here longer. I can see how a frosh who was promised the opportunity to earn PT would be ****ed.

The days of redshirting talented freshmen is over. Play the talent.
I don't disagree with what you're saying, but it's more than just about "talent". 18 year old kids fresh out of HS don't have the right to step foot on campus and try and call the shots. They need to learn the playbook, study film, bulk up in the weightroom, learn how to manage themselves as an adult, etc. These young kids *****ing because they don't immediately play is BS and indefensible, man. You think guys like Gore and McGahee and Portis were crying and *****ing at coaches because they weren't getting playtime over the RBs in front of them? Of course not. They grinded their *** off instead and eventually had their shot.

It's representative of modern kids' mentality, man. Obsession with self. JT4 was crying last year as well. Harley has been causing disruption since the day he set foot on campus. Pope is posting Gator and Nole sh-t online. I don't know how any of you can defend that kind of behavior from these young *** kids.

Team is a dumpster fire in year 3. Rick's gotta go.

Losing JT4 hurts. Losing Williams can kill a team since QBs are respected and we will have no one pushing NKosi. Even Bar Milo is jumping ship now.

I'd wager that JT4 would be less troublesome if he was playing in an offense that didn't struggle to score 14 points a game. Rick isn't making this kid much money in his offense. Bring me Leach or Butch or GTFO.

Advertisement
The number one thing people have been criticizing the offense for all year is not getting JT more involved in the game. I don't know how you can say he is getting touches here.

You can say NFL scouts have taken note of him, but I'd say right now he runs the risk of not being drafted in the top 2 rounds next year if things stay the same. Put him in an offense that lets him be the focal point and you pretty much remove all that risk and he gets rewarded with a much bigger contract.
he is getting touches. He should be getting more. Both things can be true. Theres a difference between a guy like him getting the touches he deserves, and the touches that show the nfl scouts enough to grade him and draft him high. Do you just think NFL scouts are idiots? You are literally implying that better stats=better draft slot.

He's currently at 35 receptions (leading the team) and 19 KR/PRs. If You're a scout and don't know the potential he has you just weren't watching. Regardless this is only his sophomore season. He currently has 1/5th of all receptions on a team that also has a stud Frosh TE, some pass catching RBs, and Multiple other talented WRs. If our Qbs were completing 65% of their throws instead of 55% he might have 45 or so catches. Ideally it'd be at or above 6 receptions per game for him.

Secondly the reason he wont be a top draft pick will be entirely based on his character and his traits.

Because he has been getting touches, in every single game. Including 10 and a punt return TD last week. I'd say that's the definition of "how you can see he is getting touches here".

I don't understand if you're being pedantic when you say he's getting touches in every single game. Yes, he's literally touched the ball in every game but if you think there's nothing wrong with him having one reception in 4 games this season or that the most catches he's had in a game all year is 6, then I'd imagine you're apart of Richt's coaching staff.

Advertisement
Team is a dumpster fire in year 3. Rick's gotta go.

I'd wager that JT4 would be less troublesome if he was playing in an offense that didn't struggle to score 14 points a game. Rick isn't making this kid much money in his offense. Bring me Leach or Butch or GTFO.
Less troublesome than the kid who walked out on his HS team and had to be begged back? The kid who has now walked out on his college team and its seniors with two games left in the season? The kid who has *****ed about playtime since he set foot on campus? The one who shows up late to practice and then gets into it with his coach and storms out like a little b-tch?

Yeah, you're right, it's 100% the staff's fault.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going - he walked on his team in high school; Hope the door did't hit yo *** on the way out.

You should have caught that ball in the ACC title game when we were only down 7 that hit you in both hands. Instead of being deep in their territory, we shank a punt and the route was on. Primadonna half assing balls this season.

For those who think Jarren won't transfer and will sit around for 2 plus years when he can play somewhere else, there you go.

Advertisement
Back