Did Jeff Thomas leave the team

Advertisement
Its 100% the opposite. He is getting touches here. He is definitely getting enough exposure here. He has already shown what he can do. Stats are not the most important thing, showing your skills/traits are, at least to NFL Scouts. Anyone in Jeff Thomas' position who would sit out their junior year is absolutely making a stupid decision.
The number one thing people have been criticizing the offense for all year is not getting JT more involved in the game. I don't know how you can say he is getting touches here.

You can say NFL scouts have taken note of him, but I'd say right now he runs the risk of not being drafted in the top 2 rounds next year if things stay the same. Put him in an offense that lets him be the focal point and you pretty much remove all that risk and he gets rewarded with a much bigger contract.

Just because they were good in HS and have a lot of potential, doesn't mean they get to walk onto campus and call the shots. STFU and put your nose down and grind hard to get better. This premaddona attitude of the modern social media-obsessed kids is ******* pathetic.
Yea that sounds good but we have a lot of underperforming upperclassmen whose only claim to playing time is that they’ve been here longer. I can see how a frosh who was promised the opportunity to earn PT would be ****ed.

The days of redshirting talented freshmen is over. Play the talent.

And neither of them would have *****ed and cried all "what about me!?!?" if they had to wait and earn their playtime. Are you telling me otherwise?

Plus the fact that every one of the crying kids on our team HAS played as
I'm just point out that Shaq and Duke started and played their entire Freshman year.

If these are the facts Jeff Thomas needs to get out of his own head and do what it takes to play college football. Cant hate on coaches for teaching responsibility and showing that acting like a baby doesn’t help you get your way. This is like when dugans called out Chris Henderson. I’m on the side of the staff in any situation where a kid thinks he is bigger then the team and the coach brings him back to reality.
Rumph, but I agree.

Advertisement
If true, Don't think this is the last we'll hear of transfers...we used to wish for crappier players to leave but now it's the talented ones who want to bolt. Wouldn't be surprised if many of the juniors turn pro as well. Can't blame them at this point.

FIRE RICHT AND BLAKE JAMES
Fire you

via Barry Jackson:

“Thomas has spoken about the possibility of transferring to Illinois. He would be required to sit out a season if he transferred to another FBS program and would still have two years of playing eligibility remaining. He would be draft-eligible after one more season.”

Starting January
B7FB1C31-D1CB-4DA2-953B-45FB7D6E526D.jpeg

Advertisement
via Barry Jackson:

“Thomas has spoken about the possibility of transferring to Illinois. He would be required to sit out a season if he transferred to another FBS program and would still have two years of playing eligibility remaining. He would be draft-eligible after one more season.”

This would indicate to me that him wanting to leave has nothing to do with what's happening on the field, and everything to do with wanting to be closer to home.

Yea that sounds good but we have a lot of underperforming upperclassmen whose only claim to playing time is that they’ve been here longer. I can see how a frosh who was promised the opportunity to earn PT would be ****ed.

The days of redshirting talented freshmen is over. Play the talent.
They are playing freshman, Pope has been out there, he just happens to believe blocking means not getting hit and ducking to cut block.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article222012565.html

"According to a source, Thomas has clashed with wide receivers coach Ron Dugans and left the team after participating in Tuesday’s practice, choosing not to attend meetings later in the day. He subsequently removed all references to UM on his social media accounts."

Thomas actually mentions transferring to Illinois...LMAO....I guess where there's smoke there's fire!

Advertisement
Advertisement
This program is suicidal, with all these self-inflicted wounds. Nope, don’t need no NCAA sanctions for anything anymore. We can do it ourselves. Sheesh!

Jeff Thomas needs to realize what’s best for his future. There is already a TV show documenting him quitting on a team. Being a WR, I think NFL teams will stay away from him if he does it again.

He doesn’t need big numbers at Miami. Everyone in the country knows how special he is. He just needs to work on his craft for one more year and prove that he will not be a distraction in a NFL locker room.

NFL teams have made it clear that they are not tolerating any locker room baggage from WRs. Kid just needs to stay the course. He is on the path for a blessed life.

Advertisement
Back