Did Jeff Thomas leave the team

When you can't relate to your players it has everything to do with it. Jimmy Johnson didn't have this problem, so there was well no problem. Mark Richt for the type of players we have here he shouldn't be our coach. These players most likely came because of Dugans don't kid yourself.

I won't be surprised if Dugans is gone as well after this Season.
So, in your opinion, the players are racist? Interesting

Advertisement
Why would all these kids band together and leave right now before the season and academic semester are over? Kid like JT i understand, the rest i dont.

Regardless, if rumors are remotely true, locker room is completely cancerous right now. Downright scary mgmt of the program
Then they would effectivaly ruin there college football careers

Duke wanted to at one point, at the end of the day if kids want to leave they really didn’t want to be here to begin with.
I mean yes, and no. This is these kids shot at their dream and when you have the inept offensive staff doing what they have been and playing kids who shouldn't play and not getting the ball to players who should get more targets I can see why they want to leave. Not "they never wanted to be here". They trust the coaches to get them to the next level and the staff isn't helping with that. They are actually hurting a lot of kids draft stock by not having them ready and playing offense the way we did this year. We had more talent than every team we played this year and our offense has looked like a bunch of walk-ons. That's on the staff not the kids

Advertisement
today's a day i actually need to be productive because i got a half day at the office and now this nonsense comes up smh. Team's a disaster

Advertisement
So potential of Bruce, Mullins, Thomas, Pope, Harley, Ezzard leaving the program in the last couple of years. Just the WR room. Sheesh, burning some bridges Richt

It doesn’t benefit JT at all...it seems like an emotional decision, not a calculated one. If that’s the case, then I gotta imagine there’s a poor relationship between the player and coaches.

I know u won’t place any blame on richt, but I will. A head coach needs to be able to manage egos and primadonna players. When your best player leaves the team, that HC isn’t managing his team.

You can look back and see I’ve criticized CMR plenty. But if the kid is bolting after what he did Saturday and only two games left you also have to look at the kid.

Biggest problem I see is people saying it’s 100% in this or 100% on that.

It’s not always that way.

Advertisement
From TOS:

Spoke to one source close to Mark Pope who confirmed Jeff Thomas left the team. But we’re still trying to hammer down the reason.

As for Pope, who some are speculating also might leave, the source said, “Mark’s not playing, he’s not happy. Me and Mark we talk every day. He really doesn’t understand what’s going on, I don’t understand what’s going on. They say one thing … we just don’t know right now. At the end of the season Mark has to figure out and do what’s best for him.”

Spoke to another source who is close to the program who wouldn’t confirm Thomas situation but said regarding Pope that “It’s not UM’s fault with him, I had to break it down to him. He became Mark Pope by working hard, has to keep working. He’s not leaving as of now but if things don’t change he might try. It’s all on him and UM.”

Also Mike Harley has been mentioned as a possible guy who could leave but just spoke to a third source who said he's not going anywhere. But he also said this: “He’s just there. You get what I’m saying? He doesn’t understand what’s going on and I said just trust the process.”

Also, Jeff Thomas is away from the team but still in Miami.

These kids got no respect. That’s it. Plain and simple. No respect no loyalty anymore and now the NCAA made sure that they can pull this **** with no problem.
Man, if I was on the O side of the ball, I wouldn't want to play in this O. Would you? Loyalty be damned. These young men deserve better than this crap.

Did you not see what happened this summer? Richt conducts his QB competition in season not during the summer. Better to leave now and not waste another year for Slow Richt to make up his mind.

What competition? It was already decided Malik was starter by the time summer started.

Advertisement
Highly doubt all the WR listed leave. Too much opportunity to play here. With the number we brought in last year, some were bound to leave. I don't see a mass exodus though, sitting out a year still weighs on them.

From TOS:

Spoke to one source close to Mark Pope who confirmed Jeff Thomas left the team. But we’re still trying to hammer down the reason.

As for Pope, who some are speculating also might leave, the source said, “Mark’s not playing, he’s not happy. Me and Mark we talk every day. He really doesn’t understand what’s going on, I don’t understand what’s going on. They say one thing … we just don’t know right now. At the end of the season Mark has to figure out and do what’s best for him.”

Spoke to another source who is close to the program who wouldn’t confirm Thomas situation but said regarding Pope that “It’s not UM’s fault with him, I had to break it down to him. He became Mark Pope by working hard, has to keep working. He’s not leaving as of now but if things don’t change he might try. It’s all on him and UM.”

Also Mike Harley has been mentioned as a possible guy who could leave but just spoke to a third source who said he's not going anywhere. But he also said this: “He’s just there. You get what I’m saying? He doesn’t understand what’s going on and I said just trust the process.”

Also, Jeff Thomas is away from the team but still in Miami.

What does TOS stand for?

Advertisement
Back