Did Jeff Thomas leave the team

Advertisement
Just want to say we never had kids like Coley, Howard, or Duke Johnson never left the team when Golden ran the show

Last edited:
Dude got 10 targets Saturday, QB play finally improved

I’ll buy this if you can give me a single reason leaving with two games left benefits him in any way possible.

Maybe there was no calculus l. Maybe the kid is a head case and didn’t think it through.
It doesn’t benefit JT at all...it seems like an emotional decision, not a calculated one. If that’s the case, then I gotta imagine there’s a poor relationship between the player and coaches.

I know u won’t place any blame on richt, but I will. A head coach needs to be able to manage egos and primadonna players. When your best player leaves the team, that HC isn’t managing his team.

Advertisement
I don’t know why Williams and Weldon wouldn’t at least stay to compete for the starting job before leaving if they lose.
Did you not see what happened this summer? Richt conducts his QB competition in season not during the summer. Better to leave now and not waste another year for Slow Richt to make up his mind.

Just want to say we never had kids like Coley, Howard, or Duke Johnson leave the team when Golden ran the show
Duke wanted to at one point, at the end of the day if kids want to leave they really didn’t want to be here to begin with.

its not just about playing time, these days kids do worry about things like schemes and coaches. it doesnt help that they can look around the country and see spots where they could be thriving instead
Pope can’t even run the right routes. I’m not disagreeing with you, but some of these players need to realize that in order to see the field at any university, you have to be able to know the plays and block.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Here's what i dont get. Possibly 4 WR's are rumored to leave with I assume the main reason being playing time and getting the ball. But if they all leave then we have zero depth and anyone who stayed would gets tons of playing time...Seems stupid and ironic

Regardless of how this plays out, locker room is a complete disaster.
You can get all the playing time in the world but if the offensive system is archaic and doesn't get you the ball then .....

Jeff Thomas leaving the program makes no sense whatsoever. Zero. If he leaves, he doesn't play college football unless it's at a lower level and his chances of getting drafted except in the 6th or 7th round are over. If Thomas sticks around for one more year, he's a, minimum, 4th round pick which makes him a millionaire. Dumb move, JT4

Never said all of it, but all the "rumored" names as being one foot out, are on one side of the ball!! I'm no genius here, but it sounds like there s a problem here!! Brown said theres a cancer in the locker room, defense is ranked in the top 5, and unified!! You still not seeing the picture here?? This iant all about the players! Otherwise, the defense would be bailing too!! This truly sucks, and not like you sucking on the coaches, like the other sucks,... You know, the bad one!!
Dude, read literally any other post I have ever written, I’m not a Richt apologist in any way. BUT, you said it above ... “a cancer in the locker room”. That is players being selfish and entitled. Always has been. Sorry, we can ageee to disagree. I don’t want kids that are that soft. That’s not real life. I want kids that are tough minded. I didn’t see kids jumping ship at the end of the 98’ season and those kids accomplished a little bit moving forward.

Lingard was brought up by a poster on another site but his name has now been removed. It now seems it is Thomas, Harley, Ezzard, Pope, and Weldon. Williams not being mentioned now but it seems to be changing ever 10 minutes on who is staying/leaving. I've never seen a team lose this many players while the season is still ongoing....You would think that Mark Richt would tell these players to hold off and that he is not releasing anyone until the offseason. Most coaches do that and have enough control of their team to keep this crap from happening...unreal.
Well since at this point we dont know if anybody left...

Advertisement
Back