Did Jeff Thomas leave the team

We are 100% losing more players this offseason either to transfer or declaring early to the draft. My predictions are

Transfer:
Weldon
Williams
Pope
Harley

Declare early:
The entire defense

Will we have a football program come next spring?

Advertisement
We are 100% losing more players this offseason either to transfer or declaring early to the draft. My predictions are

Transfer:
Weldon
Williams
Pope
Harley

Declare early:
The entire defense

If this happens, particularly with the bolded, Richt better be on the hottest seat in cfb next season.

Advertisement
That's true. But is someone going to draft a kid that hasn't played football in 18 months if he sits for 2019? And is his draft stock going to be any better if he goes the JUCO route, rather than sticking it out in Coral Gables next year?

Dunno. Seems like a bad career decision.

I think its a terrible decision. But also, if he sits out and then goes and runs a blazing fast 40. Shows some good hands. Tests well at a combine or something. He has enough on tape to get drafted. Lesser athletes and players with bigger issues have been drafted before that were't the explosive athlete he is.

On the subject of players leaving, with the new transfer rules there’s going to be players leaving all over the country. Frankly I’d take a couple of 5 star players I’m sure will leave Ala if we lose a couple of duds.

What new transfer rules? You mean the same identical one thats been around for 50 years that requires a guy to sit out a year?

Advertisement
Things need to change if all this crap is going on behind closed doors. Wish we knew more from some of the guys on here who know kids on the team.

Transfer:
Weldon
Williams
Pope
Harley

Declare early:
The entire defense
As long as Rick has his 60 he needs to win.

Geesh!

Advertisement
Who the **** wants to play for a White Man who doesn't gameplan for his opponents? Inner city kids are some of toughest kids in America. They already feel they've lost at life due to the cards they're dealt, so you help them feel like winners in different things like Football. Richt and His staff is the cancer that needs to be craved out.

Transfer:
Weldon
Williams
Pope
Harley

Declare early:
The entire defense
on TOS
“After watching several juniors turn pro and then go late in the draft or not at all in recent years, UM decided to meet with its draft-eligible players earlier than usual. And there’s optimism that the Canes will hold onto most, if not all, of their juniors. Defensive coordinator Manny Diaz confirmed Tuesday he has met with junior linebackers Shaq Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud and defensive end Joe Jackson.”

Advertisement
Nice job coaches...way to earn your money...LOL. But I don't place all the blame on the coaches, if these kids want to leave please do so. I'd rather it happen now with time to respond in the offseason then to wait the whole offseason for it to happen then with no time to respond to it.

I kind of thought that Pope, Ezzard, Weldon and maybe Harley were probably transfer candidates but to lose those four with Thomas and Williams are huge, huge losses.

There is no way to spin this if true.....

on TOS
“After watching several juniors turn pro and then go late in the draft or not at all in recent years, UM decided to meet with its draft-eligible players earlier than usual. And there’s optimism that the Canes will hold onto most, if not all, of their juniors. Defensive coordinator Manny Diaz confirmed Tuesday he has met with junior linebackers Shaq Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud and defensive end Joe Jackson.”

*insert praying hands emoji*

Advertisement
Back