Did Jeff Thomas leave the team

Advertisement
So who do you want to hire? I’m fine w moving on if he isn’t working out, but we’ll never get two major names. Everyone else is just pray it works out or you’re cycling every four years again
I sure as **** dont want a first time head coach...radio. and I sure as **** dont want a coach who was basically fired for being mediocre for a decade...richt. and I dont want a ***** goofball that wears a tie on the sidelines who looks like hes going door to door to spread the good word.

Where's he gonna go? He'd have to sit out 2019 if he stays D1, meaning he isn't draft eligible until the 2021 draft. How is that in any way helpful to him?

I thought it was just 3 years removed from your high school class? So if he sat out next year, he would still be draft eligible

Advertisement
Again, I'm late to the party, so if someone could back up - the rumors are that not only is Thomas gone, but that Pope and Harley are also leaving? WTF is that coming from?

I thought it was just 3 years removed from your high school class? So if he sat out next year, he would still be draft eligible

That's true. But is someone going to draft a kid that hasn't played football in 18 months if he sits for 2019? And is his draft stock going to be any better if he goes the JUCO route, rather than sticking it out in Coral Gables next year?

Dunno. Seems like a bad career decision.

Advertisement
Again, I'm late to the party, so if someone could back up - the rumors are that not only is Thomas gone, but that Pope and Harley are also leaving? WTF is that coming from?

Those are just rumors for now. But given Harley and his dad constantly speaking their displeasure on how Miami is operating. It's fair to assume there's legs to it.

Also, Pope tweeted then deleted something along the lines of everyone else is getting theres, but I'm not. Since then he's been posting stuff about other teams like UF and Clemson for example.

Not a rumor, but public perception - it seems our locker room being a mess is an understatement. You could say JT quitting is on him and not on Richt, and rightfully so. But the big picture mess is squarely on Richt and how he's handled everything.

Advertisement
Again i have never posted fake news on this website or have any reason to troll CIS which is a website and community i really love and cherish. Im simply posting what i have been told.
I get your point, and appreciate it.... but if you’re gonna say anything, give it some context. You can tell us the basics of what’s going on without outing yourself or your source.

More people are leaving just leaves too many questions and is open to interpretation.... not helpful.

He would be. He would also probably go to a JUCO, D2, or FCS to not have to sit out. Lindenwood is a school in St. Charles, MO that I remember some players processing through before.

Advertisement
Those are just rumors for now. But given Harley and his dad constantly speaking their displeasure on how Miami is operating. It's fair to assume there's legs to it.

Also, Pope tweeted then deleted something along the lines of everyone else is getting theres, but I'm not. Since then he's been posting stuff about other teams like UF and Clemson for example.

Not a rumor, but public perception - it seems our locker room being a mess is an understatement. You could say JT quitting is on him and not on Richt, and rightfully so. But the big picture mess is squarely on Richt and how he's handled everything.

Got it. Thanks.

We are 100% losing more players this offseason either to transfer or declaring early to the draft. My predictions are

Transfer:
Weldon
Williams
Pope
Harley

Declare early:
The entire defense

Advertisement
Back