Did Jeff Thomas leave the team

To be honest this **** makes me sad/mad af. How long do we have to keep dealing with dumbass people who hire terrible coaches. They will be sending out letters and **** again about how the university is doing so great and we appreciate your donation and wanting more money and it's like for what. Why am I shelling out money. So you can use some of my money to pay a loser 4 mil a year? Gtfoh

So who do you want to hire? I’m fine w moving on if he isn’t working out, but we’ll never get two major names. Everyone else is just pray it works out or you’re cycling every four years again

Advertisement
It was mentioned by insiders on this forum that the locker room was lost in the very first game with the issues of AR and MR. But posters here want photo and audio as evidence. The handling of the AR hidden suspension and later medical issue was just terrible by the staff.. Then after the UV fiasco the locker room imploded but again posters dismiss everything unless you have 5K posts.

This was flatly debunked. People thought AR was suspended but it turned out that he had a career-ending injury. Full stop.

In terms of "handling" of the injury, there are privacy laws in place that prevent coaches from making comments on such injuries when they reach a certain severity. It's why no one knew about Malek Young until a few weeks after the OB.

On the subject of players leaving, with the new transfer rules there’s going to be players leaving all over the country. Frankly I’d take a couple of 5 star players I’m sure will leave Ala if we lose a couple of duds.

The only new transfer rule is that schools can't block players from certain schools anymore. He'd still have to sit a year.

I'm late to the party but if this is true, and it's for football-related reasons, this is some WEAK *** ****.

This team won 10 games last year and went to the **** Orange Bowl. And he's gonna bounce because of a down season, even when there's a chance for 9 wins on the schedule?

And if it has to do with playcalling (which has been B-A-D, not arguing there), how is this getting him any closer to going to showcasing himself? If he goes to another FCS school, he has to sit a year. And is his status as a potential NFL draft pick really better if he goes the JUCO route?

ODB and Jarvis Landry were drafted high and got huge contracts despite playing in ****** college offenses. It makes NO sense for him to leave, even if the offensive production hasn't been there, and it's weak if that's why he's gone.

9 wins you say...hmm???

Advertisement
I'm late to the party but if this is true, and it's for football-related reasons, this is some WEAK *** ****.

This team won 10 games last year and went to the **** Orange Bowl. And he's gonna bounce because of a down season, even when there's a chance for 9 wins on the schedule?

And if it has to do with playcalling (which has been B-A-D, not arguing there), how is this getting him any closer to going to showcasing himself? If he goes to another FCS school, he has to sit a year. And is his status as a potential NFL draft pick really better if he goes the JUCO route?

ODB and Jarvis Landry were drafted high and got huge contracts despite playing in ****** college offenses. It makes NO sense for him to leave, even if the offensive production hasn't been there, and it's weak if that's why he's gone.

We can only get up to 8 wins. Pitt and the bowl game.

He doesn't have to sit out for an FCS. He'd have to sit out for going to another FBS school.

It will suck when he transfers to a team with a dynamic offense and he becomes the best wide out in the nation

Advertisement
I never said I was an NFL GM. I merely stated one of the biggest reasons why he dropped in the draft. You have no clue wtf you are talking about if you think these guys aren't getting drafted because of the school. I follow recruiting very closely and I know they have more 4 and 5* WRs than us, but that doesn't mean they are more talented. The recruiting services are not perfect and Oklahoma does a poor job of evaluating the WRs. Most of the highly rated HS kids from Oklahoma that went undrafted either did not do well at Ok or they performed poorly in the combine.

So in 4 different posts you told me I don't know WTF I'm talking about but each time I gave you facts you changed the topic to something else.

First you said something stupid about transferring so I corrected you that he would have to sit out a year anyway. You then concocted some narrative about he could transfer to OK to get drafted higher. I pointed out OK has very few WRs in the league and nobody elite. You then concocted another narrative about Westbrook and his draft stock that was ill informed and once again I pointed out the failure in your logic. Then you pivoted again and just came up with another excuse and blamed recruiting services and high school players from OK.

Your all over the place so I'm done responding but I'd suggest you lay off constantly saying someone doesn't know "WTF they are talking about" when your house is made of glass.

It will suck when he transfers to a team with a dynamic offense and he becomes the best wide out in the nation

Where's he gonna go? He'd have to sit out 2019 if he stays D1, meaning he isn't draft eligible until the 2021 draft. How is that in any way helpful to him?

Advertisement
As if the season couldn’t get any worse than it already is. Something very strange is happening in The Gables and it appears Rick’s staff is ill prepared to handle adversity.

Advertisement
it's one thing for a player to leave because everyone else is too good (Gus the bus Edwards) but it's another thing when your best players are leaving cuz they f'in hate the coach. I don't hate Richt, but this is bad.

Advertisement
Back