Did Jeff Thomas leave the team

I’m referring to the coaching staff/administration, not us measily message board rats

Again. That is exactly how you hear it. It goes something like this.

*ring ring ring*
"hello this is the East St Louis HS principle, it looks like Jeff Thomas's transcripts were forged. We are looking into this currently and should have confirmation for you before COB tonight."

Advertisement
In all honesty if he had academic dishonesty it really is out of the coaches hands ... but still man you should be able to go vouch for the kid, I know you can put in waivers to the university. I mean he literally played a game 4 days ago I wondered wtf happened. Someone seriously dropped the ball her either richt or admin.

I know it’s all speculation but judging by his ig he’s gone lol just end this season

So earlier I saw 2 pictures of the WR group at practice and wondered why I couldn’t spot Jeff. No one In our media mentioned he wasn’t there cause our media sucks so I didn’t think much of it but see for yourself. These are 2 pictures of 2 different times at practice taken by 2 different people today. I can’t spot him.
View attachment 69513View attachment 69514
Awesome...I’ll wake up tomorrow morning to Jeff Thomas leaves team just like I woke up in San Diego with a killer hangover to a headline saying AQM and Jermaine Grace dismissed a few days before the season opener. Yelled holy **** after I read that, probably gonna do the same tomorrow.

Advertisement
We all know how by the book UM is, we know they did their due diligence on this
I hope you're right. The academic people almost cost us our '87 NC by clearing Sileo to play a second year. UM misinterpreted his academic status based on his time at University of Maryland. We thought he still had a year of eligibility. U of MD informed Univ of Miami that he did not. It had something to do with Sileo's attendance at kind of an extension campus of U of MD called University College. We could have forfeited every single victory of the '87 NC season. To this day I don't understand the technical aspect of that Sileo situation.

Or Mark Can’t Block Pope

Exactly. " No dbs will be able to stop the unstoppable trio of JT4, Pope, and AR-82. Plus Harley was killing it on green tree and will show us why he was so highly recruited in HS. Langham and Cager will be unstoppable with the jump balls. Wiggins is the type of 3 star So Fla dawg you build your team with and win championships. He is better than any 5 star. Best WR corp in the nation by far!". Pope can't get open and can't block. AR and JT4 gone. Harley is another Greentree all american. Cager and Dee can't catch the ball. Somehow langhams tall *** can't get open and rarely catches the jump balls.

Exactly. " No dbs will be able to stop the unstoppable trio of JT4, Pope, and AR-82. Plus Harley was killing it on green tree and will show us why he was so highly recruited in HS. Langham and Cager will be unstoppable with the jump balls. Wiggins is the type of 3 star So Fla dawg you build your team with and win championships. He is better than any 5 star. Best WR corp in the nation by far!". Pope can't get open and can't block. AR and JT4 gone. Harley is another Greentree all american. Cager and Dee can't catch the ball. Somehow langhams tall *** can't get open and rarely catches the jump balls.
Whew, damnit man..

Oof right in the feels

Advertisement
Was anticipating him maybe transferring, but this is too abrupt... must be some kind of violation.

We will find out about the violation issue soon enough but not sure why for weeks people have discussed transferring.

He would have to sit out a year and then would be draft eligible after one more season anyway so it would be a moronic decision to not stay at UM for his jr year and then declare for the draft.

Again. That is exactly how you hear it. It goes something like this.

*ring ring ring*
"hello this is the East St Louis HS principle, it looks like Jeff Thomas's transcripts were forged. We are looking into this currently and should have confirmation for you before COB tonight."

Almost two ******* years later???

What would someone from his HS have to gain from doing that?

Advertisement
If he transfered he atleast has a shot to play nfl ... but now if it is allegedly academic dishonesty he’s got a bumpy road ahead of him man smh, richts probably the one that snitched on him

Another "if he transferred" comment ... if he transferred he HAS TO SIT OUT A YEAR so there is no ******* point to transferring b/c he could declare for the draft after next year anyway. He's either on the team or headed to a junior college to play one year and declare.

This reminds me of the only other time I remember us recruiting an E. St. Louis kid: Jeff Howard. He left way early, sometime in his freshman year. When we were recruiting JT4 there was some talk of bad feelings with some at E. St. Louis high over an incident years ago--that would have been the Jeff Howsrd saga. That was over thirty years ago.

Advertisement
Another "if he transferred" comment ... if he transferred he HAS TO SIT OUT A YEAR so there is no ******* point to transferring b/c he could declare for the draft after next year anyway. He's either on the team or headed to a junior college to play one year and declare.
Yes bro but academic dishonesty ***** you for any other d1 school

If he transfered he atleast has a shot to play nfl ... but now if it is allegedly academic dishonesty he’s got a bumpy road ahead of him man smh, richts probably the one that snitched on him

Exactly. He may have to go the AQM route and just train in the off season for a year and either enter the draft or just start showing up at NFL team tryouts.

LOL richt probably did snitch. He likes to pretend like he is such a good person, but a good person wouldn't ruin kids lives like he did with Sam Bruce and now what he is doing to JT4.

Advertisement
Back