Did Gray Crow "retire"?

Advertisement
For goodness sake just put him out of his misery and cut him he's a waste of space.

Not productive on the field does not mean he isn't valuable in other ways. He probably has the same role here that walk-ons have elsewhere (charting plays, signalling, etc.), which is still valuable. Roster and recruiting management issues have plagued this staff from the outset...some of their own doing, and some inherited from the last staff. This is certainly another of example of that, and the current staff earned the bashing they get for it, but there's no point bashing a kid for doing whatever he can to help.

Great point...I met a walk-on safety a couple of summers ago that does more ga type work than anything. Great deal for him because he wants to go into coaching.

I'm a huge Gray Crow fan. He has been all Cane since he's been here and has done everything that has been asked of him. You need a few solid locker room old citizens on your team.

Sounds frighteningly like "coal shoveler".

I was alone on the island about Gray Crow and as time goes on, more come out of the woodwork saying they didn't understand the offer at the time. I still remember people asking what I had against the guy, which was nothing, but he never showed anything before or during his career here.

I wonder what he actually thinks. Was he shocked at the offer? Why didn't he ever transfer or was he content with a quality education in exchange for sweat? Either way, as others have said, I'm sure he's helpful in whatever capacity. Unfortunately we've needed more game day players than practice ones of late.

Advertisement
I have no idea what coach golden saw in Gray Crow that made him want to offer him a scholarship. The kid was never productive as a QB in HS. I've followed recruiting for decades and can never remember a kid being productive in college after being unproductive in HS.

This is not a knock on the kid himself. By all accounts he's good kid and hard worker. But I simply cannot understand how that kid earned an offer as a QB.

Jedd Fisch blew at HS QB Evaluations

Jedd Fisch blew at coordinating offenses as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back