Did Golden ever fire anybody while at Temple?

Advertisement
I heard he once fired someone for beating a dead horse. Something about his scheme and inefficiency - person started 50 threads on a team message board all related to the same underlying issue. Was overheard asking, "you kidding me?", stunned and annoyed. Think it was really early one season with a very young team.

I heard he once fired someone for beating a dead horse. Something about his scheme and inefficiency - person started 50 threads on a team message board all related to the same underlying issue. Was overheard asking, "you kidding me?", stunned and annoyed. Think it was really early one season with a very young team.

Lmao outstanding post.

Advertisement
Hey Poets, I got a lil something for ya...

negged2.jpg

Great post

Advertisement

Lawlz, solid post.

Al Golden specifically mentioned that he felt bad for the upperclassmen because they had been through so much instability.

Head coaching changes, coordinator changes, etc...

Golden wants continuity with his staff. Firing "someone" and having guys learn a new system isn't going to solve anything. It's just going to create more uncertainty.

Stability allows the upperclassmen to be in the same system for 3-4 years, and teach the younger guys where they should be. If you have Seniors trying to learn on the fly alongside the Freshmen, it makes things more difficult.

Ok so go watch the last raising canes video and if you can tell me after watching that, the control of the team, the buy in, the planning, everything in that video and then say we have the wrong guy I will buy you a whole new **** outfit for the new team you can go root for! He is the right guy, he gets it! He embraces what it means to be a cane, and that is from a guy who competed against us back in our heyday! Come on man! Its not sensitive, its sick of your garbage posts!

Advertisement
Ok so go watch the last raising canes video and if you can tell me after watching that, the control of the team, the buy in, the planning, everything in that video and then say we have the wrong guy I will buy you a whole new **** outfit for the new team you can go root for! He is the right guy, he gets it! He embraces what it means to be a cane, and that is from a guy who competed against us back in our heyday! Come on man! Its not sensitive, its sick of your garbage posts!

Where did I say Golden was the wrong guy?

wtf are you runnin your mouth about?

Advertisement
Just curious if he's had to fire anybody yet.

You would seldom have to fire someone. When I was a kid, my father, who was chairman of the chemical engineering department at a university, fired one of my most beloved people, explaining to me why he "had to." I just never bought the "had to" part. I felt the firing was both insensitive and cowardly.

Last edited:

You would seldom have to fire someone. When I was a kid, my father, who was chairman of the chemical engineering department at a university, fired one of my most beloved people, explaining to me why he "had to." I just never bought the "had to" part. I felt the firing was both insensitive and cowardly.

Ugh take it you never run a business. Sometimes there are people / players who are iunmanagable

Ugh take it you never run a business. Sometimes there are people / players who are iunmanagable

Nonsense, people should be allowed to do whatever they want, however they want, whenever they want without any consequences. As long as they are employees that is. Bosses, not so much. At least that is what I read from his post anyway.

Advertisement
Back