Did Duke Johnson not become a Pro Bowl back because of his size?

Advertisement
Spent too much of his good years on bad teams
The Browns were a local team to me at the time

I am positive I watched more Browns games than the rest of this board combined

Duke was a weapon in the pass game. Had he gone somewhere like New England he would have likely been a Pro Bowler once or twice in my opinion

He wasn’t an all time great but your answer is spot on. Those teams weren’t just bad, they were embarrassing…probably a 3 year or 4 year stretch of the worst team that has ever played in the NFL

But Duke still put up stats

Duke was a weapon in the pass game. Had he gone somewhere like New England he would have likely been a Pro Bowler once or twice in my opinion

He wasn’t an all time great but your answer is spot on. Those teams weren’t just bad, they were embarrassing…probably a 3 year or 4 year stretch of the worst team that has ever played in the NFL

He would have killed it with a Andy Reid, Shanahan type OC

He would have killed it with a Andy Reid, Shanahan type OC
One of my best friends was a Browns fan so I would watch and support

Duke had absolutely no chance in the run game. Probably the worst offensive line that’s ever been fielded in the NFL even with Joe Thomas on it

Broke my heart every week to watch Duke wallowing there

Couldn't agree more on how bad the Browns were.

In Dukes first 3 years with the Browns, they went:

3-13
1-15
0-16

They had a 35 game stretch where they went 1-34

7 QB's started a game for the Browns his first 3 years - Josh McCown, Johnny Manziel, Austin Davis, Cody Kessler, RG3, DeShone Kizer, Kevin Hogan

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back