Diaz was not a bad hire

Advertisement
The administration and Blake are definitely trying to eff us with their lack of a real search and with this hire buuuuut....

I think they just effed up and hired a Cane. Diaz is gonna win despite them.

Reading the board most of today, most fans wanted a hire that brought some identity and the Manny Diaz hire does it. Diaz defense is fast and aggressive and Diaz is not a CEO.

Diaz defense has been good for our recruiting base because SFLA athletes like to play fast and they don't want to all that read and react crap that Golden brought. Now you have to ask yourself what type of offense Diaz would want to run? I expect his desired offense to be in the mold of his defense, aggressive and fast. If Diaz brings in an OC that implements a fast and aggressive offense then he is not going to have issues recruiting.

I will end by saying I don't know if Diaz is going to work out any more than Clemson knew if Dabo was but I do think Diaz is a smart guy and understands what we need to win.

It may not be a bad hire, but it sure is a lazy one. Maybe Manny will kill it, maybe not. One thing that's certain is that Miami just went out and got the very first guy they could find. Instead of interviewing anyone, they literally gave the job to the very first person to call and ask for it. That does not inspire confidence regarding where this program is at or what the future is likely to hold.

Advertisement
2018.jpg

Reading the board most of today, most fans wanted a hire that brought some identity and the Manny Diaz hire does it. Diaz defense is fast and aggressive and Diaz is not a CEO.

Diaz defense has been good for our recruiting base because SFLA athletes like to play fast and they don't want to all that read and react crap that Golden brought. Now you have to ask yourself what type of offense Diaz would want to run? I expect his desired offense to be in the mold of his defense, aggressive and fast. If Diaz brings in an OC that implements a fast and aggressive offense then he is not going to have issues recruiting.

I will end by saying I don't know if Diaz is going to work out any more than Clemson knew if Dabo was but I do think Diaz is a smart guy and understands what we need to win.
Any names that come to mind that you're hearing or fit that bill as a fast and aggressive philosphy OC?

It may not be a bad hire, but it sure is a lazy one. Maybe Manny will kill it, maybe not. One thing that's certain is that Miami just went out and got the very first guy they could find. Instead of interviewing anyone, they literally gave the job to the very first person to call and ask for it. That does not inspire confidence regarding where this program is at or what the future is likely to hold.

Only one question needed in the interview:
"Will you fire your coordinator if they suck?"

Advertisement
Advertisement
hes gonna read his speech he did at Temple and just change Temple to Miami ..
That speech reminded me of Al Golden’s famous “Are you kidding me?” I would be very impressed if he didn’t hyperventilate tomorrow, like he there with Tumble Tuff.

Advertisement

Even though I disagree with you on some things (Rules 😅) I have to agree with you on this. I'd prefer Manny the Nanny over Cristobal on any given day.

blah blah blah. Diaz is a fraud. anytime any team with a pulse on offense showed up, he bent over and took it as hard as they'd give it to him

Hah. Check the stats. Here's how his defense ranked nationally versus the following very important categories (source cfbstats.com):

Yrds/Play
In losses: 4th
Ranked teams: 5th
In conference: 4th
All FBS: 3rd
FBS teams with win record: 6th
Power 5: 8th

3rd Down Def
In losses: 4th
Ranked teams: 2nd
In conference: 4th
All FBS: 1st
FBS teams with win record: 4th
Power 5: 7th

Ellte across the board. Clearly can't be blamed for the inept offense and poor punting field positions during losses. But keep running that narrative

Advertisement
Back