Diaz vs Enos

Advertisement
Diaz hiring Enos is similar to Radio hiring Patrick Nix. I know it’s different times, different administration and different stadium, but same rationale.

Don't forget different coaches. But if I recall correctly it was Enos who reached out first to let Diaz know he was interested.

Advertisement
Diaz hiring Enos is similar to Radio hiring Patrick Nix. I know it’s different times, different administration and different stadium, but same rationale.
The difference being that Enos is a highly respected OC/QB coach who runs a cerebral and complex system that utilizes all available talent and puts pressure on defenses at every level of the field. Nix on the other hand..........................

I brought this game up a bunch. It’s why Diaz hired him. Enos toyed with him and tortured his defense.
Yeah ... see, didn't CMD state exactly this up front while we were waiting for him to name an OC? That having settled the issue of how his defense was going to be run, he wanted an OC who would guide an offense that in the past had challenged him and given his defense issues?

watching the highlights, on the 3rd touchdown by Arky, I believe there were 3 people open. Yes please.

Advertisement
In that clip, the Arkansas offense looks a bit static, not showing really any of the motion and other window dressing for which a lot of guys here have been clamoring. Further, on many of the positive pass plays, the QB had to stand in the pocket and deliver an accurate ball in the face of some pretty good pressure from Manny's defense. Not sure that's really the strength of our guys currently.

This is all I've seen of the Enos offense, and to me it looks pretty basic. There was good execution. I'm going to assume that Enos has added a bunch more to his bag of tricks since then, because if that is the scheme we see on the field, I think a significant faction of this board isn't gonna be happy.

I'll gladly take 50 pts a game on offense. With our weapons it could be more than that. The real question mark is the OL.

Advertisement
Back