Diaz vs Enos

Advertisement
Nice Find Salt - Def. saw some tendencies buried within a very multiple offense from
Enos. Basic competence is such a breath of fresh air offensively. Just like it did when Manolo came in & the rest is history.

Nice Find Salt - Def. saw some tendencies buried within a very multiple offense from
Enos. Basic competence is such a breath of fresh air offensively. Just like it did when Manolo came in & the rest is history.

Needless to say his offense can score. Very dynamic, moves his qb around, uses all parts of the field, and stresses the defense. I am sure having faced Enos before Manny knew what he was looking for in an OC.

Salt, agreed. Manny is a now a much better tactician of the game, especially on defense, but realized I’m sure back then who he would grab at the helm of his offense when he became a head coach. Enos was probably on the short list of OC’s he had in mind given how his offense put pressure, constant pressure, on his defense. I’m excited to see the first Spring scrimmage to see how Baker fares versus Enos and his new offensive scheme, in particular, how Dan has adjusted his scheme to the players we have currently on the roster at the skill positions.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lots of drags. Multiple players open almost every play!
FD88C466-B05A-4FFF-B604-2ED3348200FD.gif

Man, this film here.
This gives us hope.
Enos playcalling seems to always leave someone open watching the film.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This film is great. You can really see the minds of the two coordinators playing chess with each other here. Manolo really put his front 7 in positions to make plays on so many of these highlights and it was that one small wrinkle by Enos that bested him.

The duality that emerges from the tape however is that Enos’ variable offense either relies on a strong O line that gives a pocket passer time to read D’s and make tight throws to hit receivers in wrinkles OR a highly mobile QB who can extend plays and force the LBs into situations where they have to make split decisions to chase the Qb or stay in coverage.

With 3 mobile qb’s on the roster and the Oline we have, I can’t help but think that enos is looking at our team and seeing the opportunity to install an offense very similar to the one he used at Arkansas.

This film is great. You can really see the minds of the two coordinators playing chess with each other here. Manolo really put his front 7 in positions to make plays on so many of these highlights and it was that one small wrinkle by Enos that bested him.

The duality that emerges from the tape however is that Enos’ variable offense either relies on a strong O line that gives a pocket passer time to read D’s and make tight throws to hit receivers in wrinkles OR a highly mobile QB who can extend plays and force the LBs into situations where they have to make split decisions to chase the Qb or stay in coverage.

With 3 mobile qb’s on the roster and the Oline we have, I can’t help but think that enos is looking at our team and seeing the opportunity to install an offense very similar to the one he used at Arkansas.

The Arkansas qb though not a threat to run was highly mobile in the pocket and pretty accurate. I think Jarren fits that mold more than Perry and Martell. Though I have a feeling when all is said and done I think Enos will go with a 2 qb system (Williams/Martell) to optimize the skill sets he has to work with. I just think given Perry's track record he will mess up sooner or later and fall out of the competition. Enos has made it clear he is looking at the intangibles as well as raw skill in his evaluations.

Diaz hiring Enos is similar to Radio hiring Patrick Nix. I know it’s different times, different administration and different stadium, but same rationale.

Last edited:
Tate woulda easily been my choice in Enos old offense....we all know both coaches have advanced schemes now .....it's going to be interesting to see which QB fits this new playbook...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back