Diaz updates injuries, talks recruiting ahead of VT

Eason was solid his one season at Washington and 4th round pick. Many think he should start for the Colts if they fall out of the playoff picture.
I remember up & down games for him. But yeah, I only mentioned him b/c he was the top QB coming out & didn’t necessarily live up to the hype. I debated putting him on the list.

Advertisement
I remember up & down games for him. But yeah, I only mentioned him b/c he was the top QB coming out & didn’t necessarily live up to the hype. I debated putting him on the list.
Fair enough. He also blew a knee and lost his job to Fromm.

Many were surprised he declared.

I agree with with him....

Phillips is displaying his playmaking through multiple years/games...

Rousseau is betting on his "flash" from last season....

Pro Scouts will be nervous about a kid who quit it early because his physical and playmaking development has taken a pause....

They will need to decide between the guy who's doing it every weekend on the field vs. a guy who flashed for part of a sh*t season in 2019.

I would take the guy who's proving his ongoing worth on the field --higher statistical bet.
This doesn’t surprise me that you would say something like this.

Well as for the weekly spy photos of who’s getting on the plane:
King
Gaynor
Knighton
Chaney
Ragone
Cam
Flagg

feel free to add to my list

Advertisement
Imma just say it:
The 2021 class looks good on paper, and hits the mark on certain needs, and completely drops the ball on other needs. We have some big fish in the pan, and the trimmings to go along w it is no where to be found.......yet.
No doubts bro... you nailed it.

and the best Portal transfer impact coach in all of CFB to get the most outa portals??

Manny.

Portal guys can all see how much their stock can jump coming to Miami too...

we keep recruiting like **** while FSU is down and fill short term needs with Portals.

Manny is ahead of the curve with where CFB has been headed while old guys like Saban and Dabo will begin a slow fade to retirement.

Every capable coach deserves 5 years.

Manny has shown he has the capability to learn from mistakes and make improvements. He deserves 5

I might play a mope on some posts just to rile **** up for the fun...

But I believe Manny is going to win an NC at Miami before he’s done— regardless of what happens this covid-infested year.

And then he’s going to HC the Dolphins for the second half of his career.

Book it.

I wonder if the 6-1 crowd has taken into account that VT, with 3 losses (coming off a loss to Liberty), with one of their best players probably out, against #9 Miami, a terrible Defense, is favored?

And that’s why I said The Portal is a crap shoot, and 3 of the 4 QBs u named went to play for a coach who’s been producing Heisman QBs. Lol. The other guy was a RS Freshman, a 5 star, and the #1 QB in the nation, where fans hurled racial epithets at him.

But that’s the good you mentioned; well let’s talk about the others that contradict that notion. And here we go:
-Tate Martell
-Kelly Bryant
-Brandon Wimbush
-Ricky Town
-Shae Patterson
-Brandon Peters
-JT Daniels
-Max Bortenschlager
-Hunter Johnson
-Max Browne
-Blake Barnett
-Phillip Sims
-Kyle Allen
-Jacob Eason

I’m sure I’m missing more, but these are off the top of the dome who were high 247 recruits, went to other schools, transferred, and did chit.

There’s way more stories of Portal QBs flaming than being successful, and the ones you mentioned: Fields went to OSU & Day. OSU may not produce great NFL QBs, but since Urb’s staff, they produce great CFB QBs. We all know that Lincoln Riley may be the best offensive mind and QB tutor in the game. They guy produces Heisman QBs. I could probably transfer to OU & put up rainbow #’s.

Point is; there is never, NEVER a reason to rely upon the portal, consistently, not when u r building a championship caliber team. The portal should be a stop gap, only, not a solution. Not getting CBs & QBs via recruiting is terrible, and saying “you can always check the portal” is a **** poor way to run that dept.

I think you're creating a false choice between recruiting & portal. I disagree with the premise that the portal is more of a crap shoot than recruiting. It depends entirely on the team. The good teams are able to use it to their advantage. A better way to look at the portal is like free agency in the NFL. If a team relies on it entirely, it will be difficult for that team to be competitive. If used strategically it can be a huge benefit. You have to weigh available transfers vs recruiting targets in order to decide which is the right course of action. For a program like MIA, every option needs to be explored & utilized. It may not be ideal, but there's nothing ideal about MIA to begin with. The whole **** program is an anomaly

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think you're creating a false choice between recruiting & portal. I disagree with the premise that the portal is more of a crap shoot than recruiting. It depends entirely on the team. The good teams are able to use it to their advantage. A better way to look at the portal is like free agency in the NFL. If a team relies on it entirely, it will be difficult for that team to be competitive. If used strategically it can be a huge benefit. You have to weigh available transfers vs recruiting targets in order to decide which is the right course of action. For a program like MIA, every option needs to be explored & utilized. It may not be ideal, but there's nothing ideal about MIA to begin. The whole **** program is an anomaly
Let me ask; what’s the commonality of the top programs in America?

Hol’ up....

So Diaz says he like the QBs we have on campus, YET, he went through the transfer portal this season, and says, “if necessary”, will use the portal again to “make the team better.”
Make that make sense? Lol.

First off, not having a QB or CB in this class in the month of November absolutely is ?able. We trying to get better for the long run. Can’t keep relying on these band aids.
What's the problem?

You should always be looking to improve what you have. It's a cutthroat business. If there's a guy in the portal that could walk through that door tomorrow and start you take him.

Jordan has played a total of 22 out of 33 possible games in 3 seasons. Freshman year 9 Sophomore 9 and 4 Junior year. In comparison, the Njoku played in 25 games in his 2 seasons and he was considered a 1st round pick in which he eventually would be drafted in. Brevin has got the body but needs to put in the work on the field to show his stock. This isn't a Greg Rousseau situation with him either where the NFL is looking over the lack of body of work.
Njoku was more of a freak athlete than Jordan.

He was drafted on projection - unfortunately he hasn't developed as a pro.

What's the problem?

You should always be looking to improve what you have. It's a cutthroat business. If there's a guy in the portal that could walk through that door tomorrow and start you take him.
Weren’t we complaining about culture issues? Weren’t some of ya’ll calling Brian Hightower, Jeff Thomas quitters for entering the portal? Yet, u want to build ur team as being 2nd Chance U w guys who didn’t earn PT or quit b/c they didn’t like how coach talked to them? OK.

Advertisement
Imma just say it:
The 2021 class looks good on paper, and hits the mark on certain needs, and completely drops the ball on other needs. We have some big fish in the pan, and the trimmings to go along w it is no where to be found.......yet.
Just find some ******* 5'9" / 5'10" 3 star SoFl dawgs that are athletic enough to play CB.

I'm not asking for Patrick Peterson to walk through that door - just give me something to stem the bleeding! Then it's a great class.

Let me ask; what’s the commonality of the top programs in America?

If i'm being honest It's💲💰. This fanbase doesn't want to hear that, so what ends up happening is, all of the blame ends up being placed on the HCs & Administration. You're my guy, but I think you fall victim to doing this a lot as well. The MIA football program is at a huge disadvantage from the onset, and trying to emulate blue blood programs, is never going to work. The program has to be creative and rely on different ways to be competitive. The transfer portal is one of those ways. I don't think it makes sense leaving untapped potential on the shelf, because it appears to not be ideal. We're not ideal either. Why not embrace that?

Weren’t we complaining about culture issues? Weren’t some of ya’ll calling Brian Hightower, Jeff Thomas quitters for entering the portal? Yet, u want to build ur team as being 2nd Chance U w guys who didn’t earn PT or quit b/c they didn’t like how coach talked to them? OK.
King has walked through the door and brought an air of accountability and professionalism to the programme. Each case is different.

Let's put it into context - Malik Willis says he wants to come and start for you next year. Do you turn him away, or do you throw him into the mix with TVD, Machota and Perry and have an open QB competition?

Advertisement
If i'm being honest It's💲💰. This fanbase doesn't want to hear that, so what ends up happening is, all of the blame ends up being placed on the HCs & Administration. You're my guy, but I think you fall victim to doing this a lot as well. The MIA football program is at a huge disadvantage from the onset, and trying to emulate blue blood programs, is never going to work. The program has to be creative and rely on different ways to be competitive. The transfer portal is one of those ways. I don't think it makes sense leaving untapped potential on the shelf, because it appears to not be ideal. We're not ideal either. Why not embrace that?
Trust me; I know bags r involved. I’ve told everyone on here what transpired w my lil relative & his recruitment process to Auburn. However, being that I f’s w u, imma keep it 1000: Every college team plays the bag game, whether it’s creatively or overtly b/c of leniency from the NCAA. Bags r not my issues....my issue has been for a while our evaluation, and player development. We are churning out top 15 classes every single yr, some yrs hitting top 10....yet we get smoked by the likes of VT, UNC, and struggle w a host of others. Everybody & their mama is a striker, dog. Lol.

I’m not a star *****, never have been; but when I see @gogeta4 @Liberty City El @Coach Macho @Zbrod95 bringing up guys, high school guys, that we should be looking at, many r not “blue chips”, and we pass on them, just to see them do well at other schools, it frustrates the absolute Fck outta me.

The portal has been a lipstick on a pig. King was good, Tate was bad. Colbert was good, Delaney was bad. Willis was good, Nnoruka was bad. Top programs look for the portal as a stop gap, not a solution; they look to recruiting as a solution. The landscape of CFB haven’t changed that much. Bags have always been there, will always be there. Fake classes always there. Kids still go to schools where they produce NFL players IN HIGHER ROUNDS, and that win consistently. SMU probably got bigger bags than most schools in America b/c of that Texas Gold money....that means chit. UT Austin got long money, and before Herman got there, kids flew the coupe, and are starting to fly again. This fan base puts too much emphasis on bags as a deflection to the Tom ***ery that’s been going on around here. HENCE, kids are leaving ill advised, we have 0 QB committed, & 0 CBs committed. But oh wait; there’s always the portal.

King has walked through the door and brought an air of accountability and professionalism to the programme. Each case is different.

Let's put it into context - Malik Willis says he wants to come and start for you next year. Do you turn him away, or do you throw him into the mix with TVD, Machota and Perry and have an open QB competition?
Let me ask u a ?; when do we get to a point where we stop asking these ?’s. If u r constantly looking at ur QBs & saying “FML....let’s check the portal”, what’s going on w ur evals?

Just find some ******* 5'9" / 5'10" 3 star SoFl dawgs that are athletic enough to play CB.

I'm not asking for Patrick Peterson to walk through that door - just give me something to stem the bleeding! Then it's a great class.
I agree w u. Remember that time fans on here were begging Couch to be offered? All we kept saying, despite his frame, his stickiness, hip flip, made him the prototypical dog! He’s in our backyard, yet we were one of the last programs to offer him. That’s mind boggling my g. Thank goodness he wanted to be a Cane, but ppl were in a uproar of the late offer. I dunno; chit don’t be making sense in yr 5 here.

Advertisement
Back