Diaz Talking Defense

Diaz's talk game is about as good as it gets.

Indeed.

Although I still didn't completely catch the part about getting the ball shoved down our throats on Saturday. Maybe Diaz was stating the obvious regarding LB depth, but I don't want to hear anything about not being able to stop the run. For all the talking points, Diaz is a Boss. We will see if he has the stones of a Boss to consistently send numbers against the run this year.

My motto for Manny......Get off the field on 3rd downs!!

They are wearing pads saturday I believe. He is saying guys are looking good running around in shorts but will see what they do when the pads come on and ****ers are trying to run you over.

Advertisement
"They have walked around as if they are not the problem and some of them may be and some of them may not be. That is really what this spring is about—who is really good enough to be here and get Miami to where it should be?”

Oh my
good quote except you missed this part -

We are not trying to make this about scheme. We are trying to make this about personnel. All we have heard about is scheme, scheme, scheme. The scheme is not going to save us.

i think this is pretty important. tells you bottom line we are going to need better players over the next few years.

5 stars

Chad Thomas
AQM
Gerald Willis?

4 stars

Norton
Moten
Grace
Elder
Shaq
Owens
Jackson
Harris
J. Johnson
Finley
McCloud

This defense is populated by a ton of talent that was nationally recruited by every big time program you could think of. Most of that talent is concentrated in the front 7.

Unproven talent, yes, but talent nonetheless

Ain't no excuse for not being a dominant defense this year. NONE.

"They have walked around as if they are not the problem and some of them may be and some of them may not be. That is really what this spring is about—who is really good enough to be here and get Miami to where it should be?”

Oh my

We are not trying to make this about scheme. We are trying to make this about personnel. All we have heard about is scheme, scheme, scheme. The scheme is not going to save us.

i think this is pretty important. tells you bottom line we are going to need better players over the next few years.

5 stars

Chad Thomas
AQM
Gerald Willis?

4 stars

Norton
Moten
Grace
Elder
Shaq
Owens
Jackson
Harris
J. Johnson
Finley
McCloud

This defense is populated by a ton of talent that was nationally recruited by every big time program you could think of. Most of that talent is concentrated in the front 7.

Bruh that's not a ton of talent. Go pull up fsu roster on defense or even clemson. And norton was a 4 star at og not at dt.

Last edited:
**** a Wordsmith! We fired that ***er last year. Diaz said it right the first time, If we are getting the ball run down our throat on Saturday then lets identify it for what it is and address it with Plan B. Diaz is not sugar coating the negative things that happens to his defense. And that is the attitude we want from our DC that is willing to make adjustments even if it requires a personnel change or schematic change.

Last edited:

Oh my

5 stars

Chad Thomas
AQM
Gerald Willis?

4 stars

Norton
Moten
Grace
Elder
Shaq
Owens
Jackson
Harris
J. Johnson
Finley
McCloud

Bruh that's not a ton of talent. Go pull up fsu roster on defense or even clemson. And norton was a 4 star at og not at dt.

It's a ton of talent compared to almost every team on our schedule. And that's all that matters. You put up great defensive numbers against the teams on your schedule, not against the top 5 teams in college football, especially when you don't play them.

Advertisement

Oh my

5 stars

Chad Thomas
AQM
Gerald Willis?

4 stars

Norton
Moten
Grace
Elder
Shaq
Owens
Jackson
Harris
J. Johnson
Finley
McCloud

It's a ton of talent compared to almost every team on our schedule. And that's all that matters. You put up great defensive numbers against the teams on your schedule, not against the top 5 teams in college football, especially when you don't play them.

True. But we definitely need more depth. We do play fsu and could potentially play clemson and got notre Dame too.

Dont feel the D will be dominant this year,but if he can get it ranked in the teens we'll have 10+ wins.

Well, we have real coaches now....Kuligowski is probably better than whoever the DL coach is at FSU (although he's probably pretty good, too - but our DL coach is right near the top of the heap)

Kuligowski will ensure that we always have lots of DL talent - and he's inherited a bunch, so he'll never, ever be short of talent because he'll find good ones whether they have zero stars or five...

I'm not concerned at all about the DL now - and the DL has always been my favorite position group at Miami - because it's also the most important one for winning championships....(especially the DTs)....

5 stars

Chad Thomas
AQM
Gerald Willis?

4 stars

Norton
Moten
Grace
Elder
Shaq
Owens
Jackson
Harris
J. Johnson
Finley
McCloud

True. But we definitely need more depth. We do play fsu and could potentially play clemson and got notre Dame too.

Oh my

5 stars

Chad Thomas
AQM
Gerald Willis?

4 stars

Norton
Moten
Grace
Elder
Shaq
Owens
Jackson
Harris
J. Johnson
Finley
McCloud

This they dont understand recruited.......being recruited by bama like did they really really want u? Did fsu really really want u?? Thats being recruited for me, if your a plan c for bama dont come with me with that nationally recruited bs. I know bama wanted richards bad burns bush.......who else thomas and willis?

Advertisement
Well, we have real coaches now....Kuligowski is probably better than whoever the DL coach is at FSU (although he's probably pretty good, too - but our DL coach is right near the top of the heap)

Kuligowski will ensure that we always have lots of DL talent - and he's inherited a bunch, so he'll never, ever be short of talent because he'll find good ones whether they have zero stars or five...

I'm not concerned at all about the DL now - and the DL has always been my favorite position group at Miami - because it's also the most important one for winning championships....(especially the DTs)....

5 stars

Chad Thomas
AQM
Gerald Willis?

4 stars

Norton
Moten
Grace
Elder
Shaq
Owens
Jackson
Harris
J. Johnson
Finley
McCloud

We need more talent and speed i think in year three you will see a realmiami roster from top to bottom

Oh my

5 stars

Chad Thomas
AQM
Gerald Willis?

4 stars

Norton
Moten
Grace
Elder
Shaq
Owens
Jackson
Harris
J. Johnson
Finley
McCloud

This they dont understand recruited.......being recruited by bama like did they really really want u? Did fsu really really want u?? Thats being recruited for me, if your a plan c for bama dont come with me with that nationally recruited bs. I know bama wanted richards bad burns bush.......who else thomas and willis?

aight

Oh my

5 stars

Chad Thomas
AQM
Gerald Willis?

4 stars

Norton
Moten
Grace
Elder
Shaq
Owens
Jackson
Harris
J. Johnson
Finley
McCloud

The problem is that there are so many holes in our depth chart that have not been filled for MULTIPLE years.
Using 247 sports I checked our DB recruiting...CB, ATH, and Safety...
Since 2011 nationally recruited players we have gotten(this is a 6 year span to include 2016):
Deon Bush (Gone, injuries + inconsistency)
Tracy Howard (Gone, not as good as advertised)
Artie Burns (Gone, under utilized)
Kiy Hester (Gone)
Corn Elder (Lone brightspot)

In 6 years we have only gotten 5 DB's (which occupy 4 positions on the field at the least). 3 of em were considered top 10 talent and didn't really have much to show for it. Most of our depth players were guys who were rated 40th or worse.

While on the flip side we lost 2 plan A CB's at the last minute 2 years in a row (Marcus Lewis to FSU and Tyler Byrd) who could have competed for a starting position HERE, while at the schools they went to they are red shirted and saved for when the upperclassman graduate.

5 stars

Chad Thomas
AQM
Gerald Willis?

4 stars

Norton
Moten
Grace
Elder
Shaq
Owens
Jackson
Harris
J. Johnson
Finley
McCloud

The problem is that there are so many holes in our depth chart that have not been filled for MULTIPLE years.
Since 2011 nationally recruited players we have gotten(this is a 6 year span to include 2016):
Kiy Hester (Gone)

In 6 years we have only gotten 5 DB's (which occupy 4 positions on the field at the least). 3 of em were considered top 10 talent and didn't really have much to show for it. Most of our depth players were guys who were rated 40th or worse.

While on the flip side we lost 2 plan A CB's at the last minute 2 years in a row (Marcus Lewis to FSU and Tyler Byrd) who could have competed for a starting position HERE, while at the schools they went to they are red shirted and saved for when the upperclassman graduate.

Tyler Byrd is going to play Safety and compete with Worrior for PT. I believe UT safety position depth-wise is one of it's weakspots. Byrd had a good showing in the AA game, he was beaten on that under thrown pic. While Byrd is an excellent ath, I wasn't very high on his footwork at all....Redwine is better suited to play corner, especially with a year under his belt. IMO

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's been a long long long long long time since I've been able to say this but:

our defensive line looks legit

Diaz is a savage!

Apparently his DL coach thinks so. Found this quote from Barry Jackson's Herald colum very telling.......can't wait for August!!!

Highly-regarded new defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski, who coached four first-round NFL draft picks at Missouri (Shane Ray, Aldon Smith, Ziggy Hood and Sheldon Richardson), says Diaz “is like a borderline Einstein genius” and he has the same defensive philosophy as Diaz.

Diaz's talk game is about as good as it gets.

Indeed.

Although I still didn't completely catch the part about getting the ball shoved down our throats on Saturday. Maybe Diaz was stating the obvious regarding LB depth, but I don't want to hear anything about not being able to stop the run. For all the talking points, Diaz is a Boss. We will see if he has the stones of a Boss to consistently send numbers against the run this year.

My motto for Manny......Get off the field on 3rd downs!!

They are wearing pads saturday I believe. He is saying guys are looking good running around in shorts but will see what they do when the pads come on and ****ers are trying to run you over.
Yes pads are coming on Saturday

Advertisement
It's been a long long long long long time since I've been able to say this but:

our defensive line looks legit

When ur dl is good your secondary looks all world ask thoae giant teams that won the superbowl. Look like they had deon playing wverywhere with that kind of dl

5 stars

Chad Thomas
AQM
Gerald Willis?

4 stars

Norton
Moten
Grace
Elder
Shaq
Owens
Jackson
Harris
J. Johnson
Finley
McCloud

Kiy Hester (Gone)

I dont want to be the one to bring it up but most of us fans saw this and wanted butch because of so many bad evals. I trust evals when saban goes to a kids house like Richards, slim chance Richards is a bust or Juedy. Whoever saban comes to sfla for and hes there option A i want them on miamis roster dont care about the stars. If saban goes balls out for a four star wr i want them, theres a reason saban never made tracy howard a prioritythat right there should of bee a red flag. But whats done is done ihope Howard balls out in the nfl but im not expecting much with the speed of the pro game

5 stars

Chad Thomas
AQM
Gerald Willis?

4 stars

Norton
Moten
Grace
Elder
Shaq
Owens
Jackson
Harris
J. Johnson
Finley
McCloud

Kiy Hester (Gone)

I dont want to be the one to bring it up but most of us fans saw this and wanted butch because of so many bad evals. I trust evals when saban goes to a kids house like Richards, slim chance Richards is a bust or Juedy. Whoever saban comes to sfla for and hes there option A i want them on miamis roster dont care about the stars. If saban goes balls out for a four star wr i want them, theres a reason saban never made tracy howard a prioritythat right there should of bee a red flag. But whats done is done ihope Howard balls out in the nfl but im not expecting much with the speed of the pro game
So UM shouldn't go after guys unless Saban wants them badly?

Kiy Hester (Gone)

So UM shouldn't go after guys unless Saban wants them badly?
Ive always said this, they should prioritize any recruits Saban wants down in sofla

Advertisement
Back