Diaz on the Cusp of returning "Gary Ferman"

I like this guy. Wonder if he post here on CIS, @djnellz 🤔🤔

Making @Cribby & @fraggle more famous

A6DE80F6-0F61-4174-ABED-7CE7FD77034C.jpeg

D8FE9028-DC4C-4384-8D08-7182696D9870.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's what was being negotiated last week as far as I know. Only way I'd see that even possibly change is if Mario doesn't budge from the 7 years @ 7 and change annually he's asking for while we're trying to do 5 years and 6 and change. From my understanding we have wiggle room and at the end of the day will give in if he demands that.

So I take it from your posts that you think Mario is a good move for Miami? How do you feel about Lane? Or some of the other names that are being mentioned?

So I take it from your posts that you think Mario is a good move for Miami? How do you feel about Lane? Or some of the other names that are being mentioned?
Don’t mean to speak for him, but he answered a similar question I posed to him not so long ago.

— Mario is his #1
— He also likes Stoops
— Not a big fan of Aranda
— Thinks Kiffin would land us the death penalty

And just as we predicted, right on cue the usual suspects are putting out pro Manny propaganda. Manny Sr hard at work.

If this is the best Manny Sr can do, Junior is more fūcked than I even realized.

LOL nobody gives a fūck what this AP hack thinks. This is the same guy that was blowing Gluten right to be very end.

Advertisement
Don’t mean to speak for him, but he answered a similar question I posed to him not so long ago.

— Mario is his #1
— He also likes Stoops

Kiffin might land himself the death penalty, I doubt Miami though. A couple OD’d sloots in his bachelor pad is on him, not the school. 😂

— Mario is his #1
— He also likes Stoops

Just to be clear, you're talking about Mark Stoops, right? If so, I could roll with that.

Advertisement
That's what was being negotiated last week as far as I know. Only way I'd see that even possibly change is if Mario doesn't budge from the 7 years @ 7 and change annually he's asking for while we're trying to do 5 years and 6 and change. From my understanding we have wiggle room and at the end of the day will give in if he demands that.
5 years and a little over 6 is fair imo. 7 years would be insane but I'd ask for that as well if i was Mario.

I don’t get why the talking heads seem invested in Miami continuing to be mediocre. Wouldn’t a good Miami=more money for the conference and college football?
We ruined a lot of childhoods.

The ACC is another kettle of fish - they want parity in this conference. They love the plethora of NC schools having a shot at winning their division every year - they know that would quickly end if the Canes made a competent hire at HC.

Advertisement
You don’t hire a coach for one season.

I’m not saying Manny will be back next year. I think it’s more likely he’s gone.

But the people making this decision don’t *** around. They’re not going to make a move unless it’s a winning move long term for the program. You can’t win a bidding war against Nike if Mario doesn’t want to come home… and some may not be convinced Mario is worth a bidding war against Nike.

There is a scenario where we can’t get the right guy this year - no matter how much money is spent - because of all the other jobs that are open… at schools where nobody doubts the sincerity of their all-in commitment to success.

Again - I’m not saying Manny will be back.

I’m saying that the people that are now running the show will make the best possible long term decisions to make Miami elite again.

KEEP Manny? One more year?

Why don't we just all go out and intentionally catch the Clap - it will be lots more fun and less problematic and painful than putting up with more Manny Misery.

Not firing Manny would be a really special kind of stupid.

Go this far - get rid of the man who hired the Joker - and to not also fire the Joker - dumb as ****.

Advertisement
You get rid of the worst coach in football before another embarrassing season. Keeping manny for a lame duck season is the equivalent of just waving the white flags. No reason to be a fan of a program with that mindset. Even a guy like Dan Mullen is a significant upgrade over Diaz.
Depends on how he finishes. He wins out he won't be the worst coach in college. Once again the question is, is the cost of said new coach worth the cost to acquire him right now. And is he the coach that will take us there.

There could be smart financial and professional reasons to let Manny run it back for one more year. And forget recruiting. The portal will fill in the gaps that recruiting misses. Look at Rambo. Love Manny or hate him he works the portal like a pimp.

I expect top 5 recruiting classes under Mario. If we are going to spend top 10 on a staff then I assume our recruiting budget will be the same. Let’s load up!

Advertisement
Back