Diaz on Potential Staff Changes

Advertisement
“What I’ll tell you is what we looked at with offense, the same as defense - what are the reasons for our inconsistency and let’s evaluate those things and make sure we put ourselves in the best position to win this bowl game,” Diaz said. “That’s it. Right now we are focusing on recruiting and when recruiting ends it’s what do we need to do to get our guys in the best position to play our best in Shreveport. And then we’ll go on from there. And that’s not offense, that’s an entire (team) issue. We have a body of work now - why when it was good was it good, and why when it was bad was it bad? And make sure we put on a great performance against Louisiana Tech.”

As a follow up Diaz was asked if he us considering changes to the coaching staff.

His response?

“What I’m saying right now is our season is not over,” Diaz said. “Let’s finish the season. Let’s get a plan together to play our best in the bowl game and let’s see what we like and didn’t like and what we need to improve from there. That’s what we owe our players and the program.”

A lot of coaching moves happen after the early signing day and after the AFCA coaching convention too. If nothing happens after the convention we're rolling with the same staff.

He and Stroud are 50/50 they actually pulled some solid guys at their positions groups.

No insider information but Stroud is a guy that I'm expecting will move back to his analyst role and then Manny hire a new DL coach. One thing Manny needs on his D line are animals and I didn't see that consistently throughout the season. Some of that was probably self inflicted (ie: not starting Rousseau from game 1) but guys like Garvin didn't really improve this season either.

Advertisement
“What I’ll tell you is what we looked at with offense, the same as defense - what are the reasons for our inconsistency and let’s evaluate those things and make sure we put ourselves in the best position to win this bowl game,” Diaz said. “That’s it. Right now we are focusing on recruiting and when recruiting ends it’s what do we need to do to get our guys in the best position to play our best in Shreveport. And then we’ll go on from there. And that’s not offense, that’s an entire (team) issue. We have a body of work now - why when it was good was it good, and why when it was bad was it bad? And make sure we put on a great performance against Louisiana Tech.”

As a follow up Diaz was asked if he us considering changes to the coaching staff.

His response?

“What I’m saying right now is our season is not over,” Diaz said. “Let’s finish the season. Let’s get a plan together to play our best in the bowl game and let’s see what we like and didn’t like and what we need to improve from there. That’s what we owe our players and the program.”

Diaz is a clown for sure, but from those comments it seems like some changes are coming. How big? We have no idea, but that comment doesn’t seem like everyone will
Be back..

miniGif_20191209124757.gif

No insider information but Stroud is a guy that I'm expecting will move back to his analyst role and then Manny hire a new DL coach. One thing Manny needs on his D line are animals and I didn't see that consistently throughout the season. Some of that was probably self inflicted (ie: not starting Rousseau from game 1) but guys like Garvin didn't really improve this season either.
I just want Enos and Baker gone first. Then throw in Panda, Barry, Patke, Rumph in that order.

Advertisement
If he hitches his wagon to Enox he's getting fired next year, simple as that.

Don't squander away the opportunity of actualizing a childhood dream by being too stubborn. He was a local Miami kid that grew up dreaming he could one day be the Head Coach of The U & now that's it's finally happened he's about to throw it all away for Daniel ****** Enos. Smh

Wake the **** up Manuelito, do the right thing, get rid of Enox & save you job, don't go out like Willie Taggart did...

but willie fired his OC after one year and got briles
the corch was just too strong in taggert
I can only hope that, he can get a staff to outshine his corching

Advertisement

Simpson may be available again depending if Quinn gets canned from Falcons.

He's not the one making QBs not see his WRs running open, or not seeing when one defender is covering two WRs. Stubblefield is the least of our concerns on O. The QB/OC coach needs to go, because ultimately it is the QBs that aren't getting the ball to the WRs. Either it's a bad play call, or the QB just can't see what's going on. How is that on the WR coach?

Oh, and don't tell me he's not recruiting well. He'd have to be a **** magician to get kids to want to play for Enos and his O.
I’m not worried about stubb/fields/Hickson on O(other than his rb rotation)

Advertisement
Diaz is an idiot if he doesnt make a significant change to the OC/scheme. We are at square one after a 6-6 season.

We are dead last in 3rd down conversions
Lost to FIU
Lost to Duke
Lost to GT

Meanwhile a QB has not taken the reigns and there is still an open competition. We have made 0 progress.

We are absolutely doomed if he doesn't make this change in case EVERYONE wasn't already aware.

Advertisement
Back