Diaz on Martell decision, WR battle

View as article
The wr room was supposed to be ridiculous when it was richards and cager. Heck, ryan moore and akeem jolla were supposed to be ridiculous.

We have a good mix of high ceiling amd high floor kids, and different types (thomas, pope, hightower, e.g.). But none of the have actually done much at UM. Osborn is the only one who has genui;ely done a lot in cfb. Potential is always more enticing than reality.

LOL...not very many people thought Cager made the WR room ridiculous...Thomas more than likely, but definitely not Cager.

And I'm not gonna write off the true freshmen WRs that had to step up in a $h!tshow of an offense where nobody was on the same page.

Stop letting Richards' true freshman season gas you up.

Advertisement
LOL...not very many people thought Cager made the WR room ridiculous...Thomas more than likely, but definitely not Cager.

And I'm not gonna write off the true freshmen WRs that had to step up in a $h!tshow of an offense where nobody was on the same page.

Stop letting Richards' true freshman season gas you up.
no one is asking you to write off anyone. That’s silly.

The issue is the persistent over-hyping kids who havent delivered here yet. Our WR position has been said to be loaded forever.

The issue is the persistent over-hyping kids who havent delivered here yet.

I agree.

I wondered who was gonna step up last year and make those tough catches like Berrios' did in 17', or who was gonna be that big play guy after Richards got hurt & Thomas quit at the end of the year.

Jordan stepped up somewhat, but the other freshmen clearly weren't ready.

Suddenly, the talent will be there. Last year, it was 'Miami doesn't have talent!!', lol

LoL, call these hypocrites out man. Than if any of the young receivers start balling out a lil bit this year, those same clowns will try and blame the last staff as if their is not a developmental phase for most football players!

Advertisement
no one is asking you to write off anyone. That’s silly.

The issue is the persistent over-hyping kids who havent delivered here yet. Our WR position has been said to be loaded forever.
Objectively, I've never seen a WR group at a major university asked to run such limited route combinations, within a predictable framework and led by violently inaccurate QB play. The "enough tricks in his playbook" quote from Diaz should be telling. They're not really tricks. They'll likely just appear to be.

Advertisement
Back