Diaz likes Fedora

Advertisement
I will say his teams were 3-9 in 2017 & 2-9 this year, so something went colossally wrong at UNC what specifically idk.

BUT in 2015 he did go 11-3 & put together a **** good Offense. He made a below average QB like Marquise Williams look good throwing for 3,072yds 24TD's 10INT's 61.2%cmp & rushing for 948yds with 13TD's due to that system they ran. And I know yall remember that season when they beat the fck out of us.

He does however have a winning record as a HC being 79-62 so he has a wealth of great experience to bring to the practice field & meeting room, which would be refreshing from have a room full of fckin HS coaches & GA's trying to run the show.

He also recruited & developed Mitch Trubisky, he was a 4-star Dual threat out of Ohio & was even won the Mr. Football award for Ohio (which goes to the best player in the state), which tells me Fedora can recruit & can do more than just land layups.

I'm all in with Fedora due to the Offense he'll implement & his ability to land a QB and develop him. I really really hope he helps us forge a pipeline into Texas for a QB, man if this happens our Offense will be drastically better overnight from the 1980's Richt/Bowden debacle we've had here the last 3 years.
One could say his offense underachieved with an NFL 1st round QB. That year his offense ranked 44. I would expect more.

Guys, what am I missing here with Fedora? I don’t recall UNC’s offense being anything special and most of their fans thought he was a real corch.

Edit: thanks for the subsequent responses.
Be careful JJ. I just got negged to death for not liking Fedora in another thread. And I literally watched all of their games for five years prior to last year.

I will say his teams were 3-9 in 2017 & 2-9 this year, so something went colossally wrong at UNC what specifically idk.

BUT in 2015 he did go 11-3 & put together a **** good Offense. He made a below average QB like Marquise Williams look good throwing for 3,072yds 24TD's 10INT's 61.2%cmp & rushing for 948yds with 13TD's due to that system they ran. And I know yall remember that season when they beat the fck out of us.

He does however have a winning record as a HC being 79-62 so he has a wealth of great experience to bring to the practice field & meeting room, which would be refreshing from have a room full of fckin HS coaches & GA's trying to run the show.

He also recruited & developed Mitch Trubisky, he was a 4-star Dual threat out of Ohio & was even won the Mr. Football award for Ohio (which goes to the best player in the state), which tells me Fedora can recruit & can do more than just land layups.

I'm all in with Fedora due to the Offense he'll implement & his ability to land a QB and develop him. I really really hope he helps us forge a pipeline into Texas for a QB, man if this happens our Offense will be drastically better overnight from the 1980's Richt/Bowden debacle we've had here the last 3 years.
what his teams did overall doesn't matter as he isn't a good HC but that has nothing to do with him being an OC . He is an elite offensive mind.

Advertisement
WHAT SCHEME DOES FEDORA RUN? IS IT A SPREAD / AIR RAID TYPE OF OFFENSE?

Thanks to whoever can explain

Probably all we'd really need from him. He'd modernize our offense, do well here in the process and jump to another head coaching gig in a couple years.

I think he’s knows that too. I believe he’d Jump at it in a heartbeat for a million

what his teams did overall doesn't matter as he isn't a good HC but that has nothing to do with him being an OC . He is an elite offensive mind.
I know, that was kind of my point. But I brought up his HC record because it shows he a solid coach with good experience in running a program, which means as an OC he wouldn't be in over his head.

In comparison to the offensive staff under Recht we had a whole crew full of amateurs, Fedora is a legit coach, I could even see Fedora being a HC again at another program if he successfully turns Miami's offense around.
(IF we even bring him in lol)

Advertisement
Not to be a party pooper, but let’s take a deeper look at Fedora. He was OC at UF in 2004. He was OC at Oklahoma St. from 2005-2007. His offense ranked

UF
2004: 19. The prior year it was 34.

OSU
2004 (year before he took over): 17
2005: 97 (yes that is correct 97. A drop of 80).
2006: 7 (jump of 90)
2007: 22

Southern Miss (HC)
31, 18, 15, 14

Also, his offenses at UNC ranked:
8, 43, 38, 9, 44, 83.

So what we can ascertain is that his offense as the primary play caller is inconsistent with peaks and valleys.

Out of 15 seasons:

3 top 10
8 top 20
9 top 30
11 top 40
13 top 50
2 below 50

Over 50% of the time he is top 20. And when he's not he's still top 50 outside of a rare outlier.

Sign me up.

He got burnt out with all the scandals up there. The shoe selling charade was the last straw. He didn’t wanna be there his year, but UNC saved millions by keeping him until the end of the year in his buyout

Advertisement
Anyone know much about his assistants? Would think the new OC would have 1 or 2 coaches in his back pocket to bring to help run his offense and recruit

Advertisement
Had mitch tribiski drafted high. His running backs racked up ton of yards and wr/ te we not bad either. I would welcome him in a heartbeat

Out of 15 seasons:

3 top 10
8 top 20
9 top 30
11 top 40
13 top 50
2 below 50

Over 50% of the time he is top 20. And when he's not he's still top 50 outside of a rare outlier.

Sign me up.
and that's with lesser talent. Florida was his only stop that was arguably the most talented in division

Advertisement
Back