Diaz has 2 more years left.

TheChosenOne

Senior
There is absolutely no way when Blake James/BOT idiotically took 8 hours to decide to give Manny the job did they have "rebuild" in mind. I think like most they probably felt he would make the proper changes to the offense (he hasn't) and continue the success on defense (he hasn't).

I bet more then anything the last person who wanted to hear a coach who had complete control of the defense/defensive recruiting the last 4 years here talk about how they need to rebuild. Especially the way Diaz came in guns blazing talking about how we need to "live up to a standard" (something he knows nothing about).

Diaz is out of answers and he does not have the experience to fall back on. Who is he going to look to? Dan Enos? A failure of a head coach who had every reason to break CMU nose in and only came up with only 17 points.

Advertisement
Advertisement
There is absolutely no way when Blake James/BOT idiotically took 8 hours to decide to give Manny the job did they have "rebuild" in mind. I think like most they probably felt he would make the proper changes to the offense (he hasn't) and continue the success on defense (he hasn't).

I bet more then anything the last person who wanted to hear a coach who had complete control of the defense/defensive recruiting the last 4 years here talk about how they need to rebuild. Especially the way Diaz came in guns blazing talking about how we need to "live up to a standard" (something he knows nothing about).

Diaz is out of answers and he does not have the experience to fall back on. Who is he going to look to? Dan Enos? A failure of a head coach who had every reason to break CMU nose in and only came up with only 17 points.
Facts. But, he wont last 3 years imo. Rebuild wasnt a word he could use, he screwed himself, he wasnt hired for a rebuild, these admin chumps really thought he'd come in and have some success. I dont think they'll be patient with him when they didnt think Miami needed a rebuild.

manny sold you guys on coach speak. i do think that they hired manny with the long term vision in mind (obvious to me that it wont work at least for now). the team just isnt good from a player standpoint (too many young or awful guys in key spots) to a coaching standpoint (obvious). part of it is that the last staff dropped the ball on the OL and current staff (LB recruiting) dropped the ball on the defensive side. manny would need to lose every game here on out and look incompetent each week (not hard) if hes gone this season

Advertisement
This program has been going down for about 18 years. Every time it looks like a step forward has been taken the next few years has been several steps back. No coach is going to turn this overall trend around in just a couple of years. Seriously doubt Diaz will ever do it.

I think Shannys leash is shorter than most say it is. It is so obvious that he is clueless. Blake is a dead man walking and so is Diaz.

The higher ups know that FSU will be looking after this year along with USC and possibly Michigan and Tennessee. We cant mess around and let any of those schools have first dibs on big name coaches.

We have put ourselves in a spot where we have to spend a ton of money, go into a ton of debt, and hire a guy who can get that money back fast.

Winning is the only solution. Diaz will never win here.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I guess that's 2 more years people will be buying tickets on stubhub for $5

Advertisement
Back