Diaz explains WR depth chart change, evaluates UVA

This dude is sugar coating **** to not hurt feelings lol. Everyone in the world can see the starters are bums. 8 catches all game is laughable. Talking about how hard it is to win games and ****! Wtf that’s some al golden ****! Every game someone has to win and contrary to his BS we do have a huge talent advantage vs these ACC bums. We just coddle our talent they develop theirs. The excuse of missing spring for not playing the young guys is stupid. Every team had to deal with COVID and they still play their best guys regardless of that. Diaz needs to stop making excuses and play the best guys and stop worrying about guys liking him.
Coach diaz is learning, when you managing this many guys, you don't come out bashing hard workers on the team, that's disrespectful, harley and wiggins have been hardworkers since they got here and pope is starting to pick it up in the work ethic department, now come game time if they're just not that good and they've maxxed out, ok, if they get beat out by the young guns after that than so be it!

Advertisement
I didn’t say for him to say they are bums but there’s obviously no accountability if they’re still playing bums. Had he just said we needed changes because we are not producing instead of some BS I would know some change will come and the best guys will play the most. He said that the starters may change meaning it’s just who comes in first, not who plays the most snaps. Be real, Pope and the boys ain’t gonna show up later lol. They won’t magically get better unless you light a fire under their butts and bench them. The young guys I can see doing so because they will get more chances but for the older guys they’re done. Pitts best WR was a 3 star TF. They were not afraid to play him off bat because they play their best guys. Miami has proven with Diaz they will not do that
There are things said to the media and then there are things said in the locker room. You think they come out every week farting rainbows and kittens both in and out of team meetings?

If you are a coach, you do not give your starters equal reps with your underclassmen unless you are

a.) Trying to shift the effort on the ball or,
b.) you are blowing out teams and wanting to spread experience.

"If you don't catch the ball and there is a guy on the bench that can, we're going to give him more time on the grass"--if threatening to take away or actually taking away the one thing every player riding pine should covet is not accountability, than what is accountability to you? Manny and Co. may have been slower to change the WR pecking order than any of us would have liked but it is a good start and at an early-enough time in the season to fix things and go on a winning streak.

Diaz is NOT going to RIP the veteran receivers a new one. He will talk to them individually but if you're wanting him to be little them in front of the media it's not happening. He's more of a players coach. He has their respect he doesn't need to destroy them mentally by bashing them to the media.

C’mon man, what he says during practice and games is obviously different from what he tells the media.
That would be even worse.

Mannys building a team.

Problem is, we need a program builder.

No ones calling for Manny to rip his players a new ******* in front of the media, but this is the same **** he pulled last year with Enos' offense.

Advertisement
I didn’t say for him to say they are bums but there’s obviously no accountability if they’re still playing bums. Had he just said we needed changes because we are not producing instead of some BS I would know some change will come and the best guys will play the most. He said that the starters may change meaning it’s just who comes in first, not who plays the most snaps. Be real, Pope and the boys ain’t gonna show up later lol. They won’t magically get better unless you light a fire under their butts and bench them. The young guys I can see doing so because they will get more chances but for the older guys they’re done. Pitts best WR was a 3 star TF. They were not afraid to play him off bat because they play their best guys. Miami has proven with Diaz they will not do that

But you understand the difference between what Manny tells the press and what he tells the players...right?

And you have no idea how many snaps guys will get on Saturday...right?

Just shut up and sit down. We can't sign any WRs off the waiver wire. We are stuck with our roster, and it's idiotic to pull a "Randy-Shannon-permanently-pulls-Sam-Shields-from-WR-over-a-false-start" move.

I am not sure what people expect if you are ripping Manny for not replacing the older wr yet. Without spring and summer ball these freshmen WR had probably 20 practices before the season kicked off and like 4 of them were with no pads. We are at game 5 and all of them have been eating into the starters reps already. It's unrealistic to believe we should have started 3 true freshman at wr to start the season. But it is realistic to expect a gradual transition to them as we get further into the season which is exactly what is happening. Same goes for the LBs. I'm tired of mccloud and jennings too but I am actually impressed Flagg has taken as many snaps as he has from them this early. And not sure how true but they said Sam Brooks had a foot injury during camp that kept him from being 100% for 3-4 weeks which is probably why he was a little behind. But they are all stealing reps from the older guys and it seems to be more and more each week.

We should be focused more on what is happening with the snap counts rather than who is listed as the 1 on the depth chart.

Pitt showed some leveling - hopefully it continues in that direction. Then, either the older guys will get a fire lit under their *** to make something happen, or the youngins step up and continue to eat into their PT.

It has been beaten to death here but it can't be said enough - this is a bizarre year in which the younger players didn't get the benefit of extra practices, so it will just take time for them to come into their own. I'm personally encouraged to see their snap counts ramping up, especially after getting some glimpses of Smith and Redding and what they could become.

A guy like Payton should be working his *** off right now knowing that this is his time to really take that next step. So far - nada out of that guy.

He acts like they have to dig deep to be mentally ready to play a team like Virginia. If that doesn’t highlight the problem....
Kind of a silly point. Not doing that is exactly how you lose games like UVA. You do know that if you are an 80% favorite, you lose 2 out of 10, right? We don't want to be one of the 2.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There are things said to the media and then there are things said in the locker room. You think they come out every week farting rainbows and kittens both in and out of team meetings?

If you are a coach, you do not give your starters equal reps with your underclassmen unless you are

a.) Trying to shift the effort on the ball or,
b.) you are blowing out teams and wanting to spread experience.

"If you don't catch the ball and there is a guy on the bench that can, we're going to give him more time on the grass"--if threatening to take away or actually taking away the one thing every player riding pine should covet is not accountability, than what is accountability to you? Manny and Co. may have been slower to change the WR pecking order than any of us would have liked but it is a good start and at an early-enough time in the season to fix things and go on a winning streak.
Sure seems like it lmao
Nah I’m joking but I ain’t seen the coaches yell at anyone on the sidelines for a drop yet this year or running the wrong route or taking plays off yet this year. There’s just no accountability in the locker room. No repercussions for playing like 💩 day in and day out. You absolutely put walk-ones out there if you got to if the starters are playing like crap.

You dont want to come out to the media and trash kids and destroy the little confidence they have left. They know they have underperformed and have held this offense back. Diaz basically said it without having to say it by shaking up the depth chart. People just assume the freshmen are going to jump on the saddle and save us but that might not happen and guys like Harley, Pope, and Wiggins could come on later in the year when we REALLY need them. (Against VT, UNC, GT) No need in destroying morale. Just make them aware that there jobs are up for grabs and its up to them what happens next.

Same thing happened with Frierson, when they all but named KSmith the starter and look how he responded. Now hes **** near our 2nd best player on D..The same thing can happen with the WR core guys.
Yeah it CAN. But Gil was always extremely talented and you could see it even last years year with Romeo.. I’ve never seen any of these guys except Wiggins flash.

Advertisement
Wiggins is up there with GHall as being the most disappointing 3rd year guys we have on the roster. 2 guys who we all felt the light would come on at this point (like it has for Frierson) and it just hasnt happened. And its a shame because they both have the physical ability to be WAY better.
Lol Wiggins had never did anything at any level so not sure where the disappointment comes from

Stefan is the bomb.com but is anyone else salivating waiting for LCE's UVA Preview?

Kind of a silly point. Not doing that is exactly how you lose games like UVA. You do know that of you are an 80% favorite, you lose 2 out of 10, right? We don't want to be one of the 2.
If you are Clemson, it’s a let down game, if you are Miami and haven’t done jack **** in 19 years, how are you overlooking anyone? FIU still has me livid. You’d think they would never forget either where they sit in the pecking order?

Advertisement
Thank God for the portal and Roche and Phillips. Without those two and their energy at the time we were about to tank, we were on our way to Buttfck Island after the pick, quick score, 3 and out and punt back to Pitt. We need to start developing better players and identifying better character guys in our own classes. Last year, KJ was our best worker on O. This year, it's two portal guys on D.

I am not sure what people expect if you are ripping Manny for not replacing the older wr yet. Without spring and summer ball these freshmen WR had probably 20 practices before the season kicked off and like 4 of them were with no pads. We are at game 5 and all of them have been eating into the starters reps already. It's unrealistic to believe we should have started 3 true freshman at wr to start the season. But it is realistic to expect a gradual transition to them as we get further into the season which is exactly what is happening. Same goes for the LBs. I'm tired of mccloud and jennings too but I am actually impressed Flagg has taken as many snaps as he has from them this early. And not sure how true but they said Sam Brooks had a foot injury during camp that kept him from being 100% for 3-4 weeks which is probably why he was a little behind. But they are all stealing reps from the older guys and it seems to be more and more each week.
Playing WR in a simple spread offense like Lashlee's isn't akin to splitting the atom. There are freshmans WRs kicking *** every year in college football. We just got rectal stretching by one last week--Addison.

Advertisement
Back