Diaz explains WR depth chart change, evaluates UVA

If you are Clemson, it’s a let down game, if you are Miami and haven’t done jack **** in 19 years, how are you overlooking anyone? FIU still has me livid. You’d think they would never forget either where they sit in the pecking order?
Maybe its just your writing that is confusing. Why do you ask how with our 19 year history we could overlook anyone and also write

"He acts like they have to dig deep to be mentally ready to play a team like Virginia. If that doesn’t highlight the problem...."

So somehow manny is digging too deep and overlooking. Huh...

Advertisement
Maybe it's more about not being complacent and always respecting your opponent
Im with u nator, this isn't a one game deal! This is laying the groundwork going forward once we get past anything from last year let's leave it there. To bad its taking 5 games to do that but Lb/wr room is basicly being put on notice. Pope already got snatched off of special teams starting wr is next!

This dude is sugar coating **** to not hurt feelings lol. Everyone in the world can see the starters are bums. 8 catches all game is laughable. Talking about how hard it is to win games and ****! Wtf that’s some al golden ****! Every game someone has to win and contrary to his BS we do have a huge talent advantage vs these ACC bums. We just coddle our talent they develop theirs. The excuse of missing spring for not playing the young guys is stupid. Every team had to deal with COVID and they still play their best guys regardless of that. Diaz needs to stop making excuses and play the best guys and stop worrying about guys liking him.
wtf do you want them to say? they all suck? its easy for saban to say that, he has 5 stars behind them. We got we got. You wanna totally kill the team's desire and ****

Advertisement
"“Corey is so instinctively sound,” Diaz said. “He has a great feel for the position, understanding gaps, playing blocks, very intelligent, can get everyone lined up. MLB, he’s the quarterback of our defense. His ability to manage everything, that puts everyone else at ease when he’s out there. And he can run and tackle."

SO START HIM!!!!
Corey probably can’t hold up physically for 60 minutes. Kids a true freshman who had an abbreviated offseason. Same situation as JHH I would think.

This dude is sugar coating **** to not hurt feelings lol. Everyone in the world can see the starters are bums. 8 catches all game is laughable. Talking about how hard it is to win games and ****! Wtf that’s some al golden ****! Every game someone has to win and contrary to his BS we do have a huge talent advantage vs these ACC bums. We just coddle our talent they develop theirs. The excuse of missing spring for not playing the young guys is stupid. Every team had to deal with COVID and they still play their best guys regardless of that. Diaz needs to stop making excuses and play the best guys and stop worrying about guys liking him.
How many teams were installing a totally new offense? That requires practice, practice, practice!

we thought Mark Pope played very well on Saturday, played hard.

“Don’t confuse effort with results”...

Pope bounced back pretty well last week.

Caught 5 balls. Looked quick and decisive. No drops that I show. Nothing insanely explosive, but he's playing out of position. He's a slot WR, period. Either way, he had a nice bounce back game. 3 and 8, however. Yikes.

Advertisement
Pope bounced back pretty well last week.

Caught 5 balls. Looked quick and decisive. No drops that I show. Nothing insanely explosive, but he's playing out of position. He's a slot WR, period. Either way, he had a nice bounce back game. 3 and 8, however. Yikes.
Okay then. FWIW, I’ve never thought Pope lazy, just out of position and possessing a limited skill set. Perhaps the coaches can put him in his correct position as a slot WR so his effort can bear fruit.

Advertisement
Playing WR in a simple spread offense like Lashlee's isn't akin to splitting the atom. There are freshmans WRs kicking *** every year in college football. We just got rectal stretching by one last week--Addison.
Agreed but to replace 3 upper class man with 3 true freshman to start the season when they had no spring or summer ball? One might be ready to begin season but expect all 3 to be, I don't think that's reasonable. By week 4 and 5 yeah, you gotta remember these kids probably just started waking up at 5am for 10-12 hour work days for the first time in their life. They are stealing reps already a few weeks in and unless they look like ahmon richards and clearly the best wr on team it's hard to expect them to start from begining of season. Or for coaches to have that trust in them that early. I'm fine with the progression so fa, snap counts are going up and I think performance will dictate that more and more going forward.

No he isnt sugar coating anything. This is the fine line you walk when your in his position of leadership. You live by the old adage " Critize in private praise in public."

The fact the WR room is opened up tells me everything I need to know. These guys have been told their jobs are no longer theirs unless they perform. Hes giving the young guys a chance. We'll see now who steps up and take the reigns.

Advertisement
"“Corey is so instinctively sound,” Diaz said. “He has a great feel for the position, understanding gaps, playing blocks, very intelligent, can get everyone lined up. MLB, he’s the quarterback of our defense. His ability to manage everything, that puts everyone else at ease when he’s out there. And he can run and tackle."

Really mature individual for a true freshman.

I’m really surprised Pope isn’t our starter from the slot.. we’re asking him to fail. Pope with his route running from that position would give king more to work with

That would be even worse.

Mannys building a team.

Problem is, we need a program builder.

No ones calling for Manny to rip his players a new ******* in front of the media, but this is the same **** he pulled last year with Enos' offense.
And then he fired every single member of the offensive staff.

It's empty coach speak to the media. I don't know why people pay attention to what coaches say.

Advertisement
Back