Diaz comments on second scrimmage

As fans, I'm pretty confident saying we don't know hardly anything this Fall. It's been really tight on information and practice-viewing. First time in like half a decade I don't watch 11 on 11 in a fall practice.
As coaches, they apparently still have decisions to make and we're two weeks away.
So, sure variables have been reduced since Spring and hopefully continue to be, but it's a point to consider: many (even internally) thought we'd be a little clearer in our QB direction by now.

There’s just no way they don’t have most questions answered.

Except maybe at QB, obviously.

And then of course are the questions that nobody has answered, no team, until games are played. There’s a thinning out process that goes on when the bullets are live. But that’s every team.

Advertisement
I’m not reading this monstrosity, but safe to say it’s a whole bunch of “the sky is falling”.

Our defense is legit, something that needs to be taken into consideration but surely won’t be.

I'm specifically talking about QB. I said so in the posts. Although there are some decisions to make along the OL as well.

I agree. I think there’s the question of the quarterbacks obviously, I think they really all have improved and so they’re more tightly grouped. I think it’s kind of a unique situation actually.

Advertisement
That's not the boast you think it is.

Screenshot_20180706-144525_Firefox Focus.jpg

The fact that Richt gave Jareen zero snaps last year still ****es me off. I would feel better about Jareen starting if this wasn’t his first start of his career. That is my worry if they roll him out game 1 and I’m sure it’s something Enos has thought about. The other 2 have true college experience albeit not much. Perry is out of the race if you have been paying attention. It’s Williams or Martell or we actually might see both .
Yeah, last year not giving the most accurate passer a chance and sticking with the shank machine still grates.

It's not surprising for Jarren to take the next step under Enos. He's our best passer and has the most upside because of his ceiling and fit in Enos' offense. It looks like his game is catching up to his arm talent. If the reports are accurate and Jarren gets the job, JT, KJ and the TEs should be celebrating.

Advertisement
It's important to remember that Diaz and Enos are going to evaluate the full body of work, regarding the QB's, although according to Diaz, a premium will be put on the scrimmage performance. As I said earlier, I am really proud of Jarren for stepping up last night, but the QB race is not going to be decided just soley off of last night's performance.

Based on what we are hearing, which is still limited/second hand info, it seems that Jarren had the best showing in the second scrimmage and Tate had the worst performance. However, we've heard that Tate had the best summer, while Jarren had the worst summer of the 3. Perry had the best pre-spring offseason and then followed that with having the best spring, and was awarded the Most Improved QB award.

What does this tell us? It tells us what we've already known. Qll of the QB's are very talented, in which all have had their shining moments since Enos's arrival. Conversely, all 3 have had their dull moments as well. We should feel encouraged, because at the end of the day, All 3 have grown, both on and off the field! When it comes to The U, personal fan-hood doesn't just need to take a back seat, it needs to get the f'uck out of the car!

Advertisement
I think one good thing that comes out of all this is that this offense no matter how good or bad it’s been ( NO ONE has a clue on this) it’s cut it’s teeth against on what is expected to be one of the best defenses in CFB.

Any defense they face going forward including the supposedly vaunted UiF D will seem less imposing to them going forward.This in itself can only help the confidence level going forward with them knowing they’ve practiced against the best they will see and the rest they will face will be easier to handle.

Sounds like we’re going to see Scaife move to tackle . Multiple sacks from Hill and Rousseau alone. This line is a liability on the edge.

Those guys are multiple sack guy no matter who they go against. We have elite DEs and there going to eat vs every tackle they go against this year. Imo, you keep they guys that can be elite at guard, at guard. You start moving your best guards to tackle, then your going to suck across the whole line. Dominate the interior line, with Scaffie, Gaynor, and Donaldson, and keep developing the tackles. There not going to see better DEs then they do on our practice field

Advertisement
It's not surprising for Jarren to take the next step under Enos. He's our best passer and has the most upside because of his ceiling and fit in Enos' offense. It looks like his game is catching up to his arm talent. If the reports are accurate and Jarren gets the job, JT, KJ and the TEs should be celebrating.
Plus keep in mind that his growth as a college QB was stunted under the Richts, he’s now getting true coaching within a legit offense.

Wasn't there yesterday. Spoke to someone who was there.

Jarren was by far the best QB. Had the TD throw to Mallory and a would-be TD that was dropped by Pope. Deejay and Harley had good days. Garvin, Hill and Rousseau are top-shelf, and Patchan has made an impact. Tate threw the two picks (not Kosi, Ferman had that wrong). Both guys struggled, though. Couch had a pick and is very impressive. I was also told that Hunte has a ton of upside.

Do you feel someone has this locked up by now?

Advertisement
Back