Diaz comments on second scrimmage

View as article
Advertisement
I hope they name the starting QB this week, let that guy start to build some real confidence and chemistry with the first team

Imo the starter won’t be announced. Have a feeling Manny wants the Turds to prepare for all 3. I wouldn’t have an issue with that.

Advertisement
Imo the starter won’t be announced. Have a feeling Manny wants the Turds to prepare for all 3. I wouldn’t have an issue with that.
I don’t disagree at all on the strategy, but I thought I remembering reading a Manny quote this Spring that stated they want to announce a starter as soon as possible.

It’s anyones guess at this point. I also think there could be some truth to Manny over/understating his reactions and actual performance on the scrimmages

Seems like it would be impossible to keep a starting QB under wraps for 2 weeks straight. Even if they block media from practices, all it takes is one random person to walk near practice, see which QB is running with the ones, and leak it out. Not to mention the Gators, who have the most at stake, would have their own ways of finding out. Just doesn’t seem possible to me.

Seems like it would be impossible to keep a starting QB under wraps for 2 weeks straight. Even if they block media from practices, all it takes is one random person to walk near practice, see which QB is running with the ones, and leak it out. Not to mention the Gators, who have the most at stake, would have their own ways of finding out. Just doesn’t seem possible to me.

It’s been done before.

With Trevon Hill & Rousseau getting multiple sacks (and the O Line "really struggling" in the scrimmage), it sounds like I was 100% correct to be concerned that UF will abuse our young OTs. Zion may be talented & he has clearly gained significant weight since arriving on campus but that doesn't make him experienced. It's a huge stage (being up against UF) in his first game. Sliding Scaife to OT and using Campbell is likely the lowest risk approach. At least it would likely prevent the OTs from being completely abused by UF. We need experienced players at the Tackle spots against UF or it will be a long night.

None of the QBs will be able to perform at a high level if they are operating under significant duress all night from UF's Defensive Ends. Manny & Coach Barry need to seriously assess the starting five on OL for the UF game. Zion should start really cutting his teeth against a significantly weaker opponent. I'm rooting for him to succeed but also realistic that he's a Freshman. Even Dorsey (a total winner) really struggled at the beginning of his first game against UW. Let's not roll over & concede the UF game this way. We have mature players on the OL. We need to use them for the UF game or the Offense will struggle.

We have tremendous skill position players on Offense (Jeff Thomas, Mallory, Brevin, Lingard (when healthy), Cam, DeeJay, Osborn, Pope & many others). We have a QB that can get the ball to them consistently as long as he's upright. That means it's the OL that is the problem.

This is where Tate might come in handy in shotgun ....

The OL might decide the QB battle for Manny, at least initially..

Advertisement
Are we gonna ignore the fact that Tate WAS encouraged to seek shelter from Ohio State? And thats before Justin Fields even arrived and also without even going thru a spring competition with Fields. There is something about that, that just doesn't feel right. I also think people here are enamored with Tate's high school ranking, accomplishments and accolades and what it makes Miami look like to the rest of the world. Lets not forget Tate's so-called "brand"...Miami hasn't had a guy "like" him starting at the QB position in a while. Jarren and N'kosi were legit 4 star guys....i'm betting Tate thought he could just come in and take the position because all the negative opinions and thoughts being said about UM's QB situation. We hear the interviews about "nothing was promised" and "competing" when he got here....but i would be shocked if he stuck around while being the back-up....

Normally, I’d agree with that. But Manny has locked this **** down completely. He’s been able to keep the scrimmage and closed part of practice info completely hidden. All we’ve heard this fall has been vague rumors from Barney Jacksoff’s lame “UM person.” And those rumors have been garbage.

Lol it's hilarious reading these comments saying that Tate could start bc of our oline issues and "he's the best dual threat QB"...

you have to be a threat in the passing game as well to be considered a "dual threat"... Tate aint Mike Vick, his running ability isn't that special and he has finished 3rd in this competition.

Advertisement
Just like all of you, I have no idea if he’s playing mind tricks or just calling out the offense. But what I do know, is if our defense is as good as last years groups, Hedley becomes a consistently good punter, and our offense improves even just a messily 10% we will win a ton of games. We lost so many games because of **** punting and **** poor offense.

Normally, I’d agree with that. But Manny has locked this **** down completely. He’s been able to keep the scrimmage and closed part of practice info completely hidden. All we’ve heard this fall has been vague rumors from Barney Jacksoff’s lame “UM person.” And those rumors have been garbage.

Diaz has made fun of sources this past week. Also, Díaz spoke in a completely different tone, last night. He “looked” upset. Either, it was calculated or we are completely ****ed on Offense.

Advertisement
Diaz has made fun of sources this past week. Also, Díaz spoke in a completely different tone, last night. He “looked” upset. Either, it was calculated or we are completely ****ed on Offense.
Two more weeks; can't see reading too much into anything...he was just matter of fact about it. A lot more will be known after Friday night scrimmage at Hard Rock.

:stormwarningflag-sm::neonu:

If they can pull it off - go for it. Clearly an advantage vs Florida. But Dan Mullen seems shady enough that he would find out by any means necessary, and of all people I’m sure Manny is aware of that.

Advertisement
Back