Diaz comments on second scrimmage

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m trying to not look too much into his comments, but what are your theories on who/what Manny was meaning when he referenced the disease from last?
Talking bout how they gave up. He said a lot of players in the first half had a defeated look on them which he’s trying to eradicate from the program.

giphy.gif

Didn't a semenhole player blow out a knee today?

Last edited:
Sounded like a very vague and very calculated message to me. He literally gave no specific information but delivered it in a way to keep pressure on the team.

I love the way he’s being a perfectionist and not letting up. He’s learned what hasn’t worked here, and he’s not going to repeat those mistakes.

This is a smart savvy dude, who is using the media brilliantly like the great coaches do to convey the message he wants conveyed to his team while giving up absolutely nothing specific to opponents.

Advertisement
Unless one QB left no room for interpretation they were the best QB, then whoever showed leadership when the offense was getting their a** kicked will get the nod.

Advertisement
@Stefan Adams You've been quite on the QB situation, what does the intel you have and gut instinct tell you about who's the current QB1?

Stefan seems to have connections on the recruiting side of things from talking to recruits, but I don't think he has a ton of connections in the program (which it seems most other reporters don't either). You will notice that his (and everyone else's) write up is just a transcript of the video posted to youtube.

This post isn't to knock Stefan, but to provide that context.

On the growth he saw in the team in the second scrimmage…

“It was uneven, to be honest. The first half, it was a massive butt-whooping. The defense just got after the offense. Very disappointing in the way that you started to see the ‘far away’ look in some guys on the offense, things we’re trying to eradicate from our program. We had a feeling the disease wasn’t fully cured. That being said, second half, the offense rallied.”

Ummm Manny just described the LSU opener last season. Yikes.

Sounded like a very vague and very calculated message to me. He literally gave no specific information but delivered it in a way to keep pressure on the team.

I love the way he’s being a perfectionist and not letting up. He’s learned what hasn’t worked here, and he’s not going to repeat those mistakes.

This is a smart savvy dude, who is using the media brilliantly like the great coaches do to convey the message he wants conveyed to his team while giving up absolutely nothing specific to opponents.

this guy has already mastered the art of messaging. Seriously, on this level he's already elite. I loved how he framed things tonight.

Advertisement
Sounds like Jarren earned it. Good for him. FWIW, as much as hear about Martell's lofty recruiting ranking, Williams is .0125 points behind him. Maybe playing at Bishop Gorman juiced Martell's ranking a little bit. Jarren's 40 time (4.81) and 20 yard shuttle (4.45) are comparable with to the following qbs:

Jake Browning 4.74 4.41
Daniel Jones 4.81 4.41
Gardner Minshew 4.97 4.45

Good enough for me.

Stefan seems to have connections on the recruiting side of things from talking to recruits, but I don't think he has a ton of connections in the program (which it seems most other reporters don't either). You will notice that his (and everyone else's) write up is just a transcript of the video posted to youtube.

This post isn't to knock Stefan, but to provide that context.
He has more inside information than me and you though, so that makes his connections and knowledge valuble. Any information he can provide to put the QB race in perspective would be welcomed honestly. I'm tired of trying to read in-between the lines and interpret Mannyisms, or reading posts from other people doing the same. The QB race is at a critical junction and I want to know what's going on.

On the growth he saw in the team in the second scrimmage…

“It was uneven, to be honest. The first half, it was a massive butt-whooping. The defense just got after the offense. Very disappointing in the way that you started to see the ‘far away’ look in some guys on the offense, things we’re trying to eradicate from our program. We had a feeling the disease wasn’t fully cured. That being said, second half, the offense rallied.”

Ummm Manny just described the LSU opener last season. Yikes.
Screenshot_2017-02-25-19-03-16-1.png
You're right.

Advertisement
Back