Diaz, Banda, and Rumph scheduled to meet with Jobe Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Serious question Brock.... Have you seen an American Heritage game live?

Nope, i just watch the film. Both of those 2 corners are elite at heritage but to date Campbell’s junior film was undoubtedly better than surtains

When you say film I am assuming you are referring to highlight tapes.

I just find it crazy that a guy can say with so much certainty that one player is better than the other without seeing them play in person or watch an entire game.

IMHO it is really hard to judge DB skills off a highlight tape alone.

IF you had seen a game I would have given your statements a lot more credibility.

Advertisement

Nope, i just watch the film. Both of those 2 corners are elite at heritage but to date Campbell’s junior film was undoubtedly better than surtains

I just find it crazy that a guy can say with so much certainty that one player is better than the other without seeing them play in person or watch an entire game.

IF you had seen a game I would have given your statements a lot more credibility.
Fair take

We all know Hall was Alabama's first choice but he told them to kick rocks so now they're chasing left overs.

Sorry man, too many red flags. Even if this kid does sign with Miami, I don't see it playing out very well.

People will say you’re making excuses or trying to compensate for losing Jobe, but you bring up a valid point IMO. After all this nonsense, it’s hard to imagine most of our other commits have much respect left for him at this point. Guess it wouldn’t matter if he turns out to be this amazing, all-world DB some think he will be (I think he very well may be, never know until they get here though), but if he doesn’t wow everyone fairly quickly? Again, doubt there would be much love there. Could be wrong, doubt we’ll find out because I’m of the opinion he’s already made up his mind to go to Alabaga.

If Jobe wears 26 in a bama Uniform it’s on. Every offensive player is on notice for some serious hit stick. If things go well for us we should see them before the ‘21 game. I hope Don Chaney Jr trucks his *** over should be at least 230 by then.

I think he would be the best DB in the class and top 3 player overall. That’s nothing about Columbus bias. Go ask anybody who saw him play down here and he was always the best and oldest player on the field
fixed for you pete

Advertisement
He would be the best of the current commits in my opinion.
i dont think you know how to evaluate talent then. dudes maybe top 7 in this class and thats a big MAYBE. But hey the rest of the dudes didnt go to columbus so how good could they be compared to a 20 year old

You don't see Bama chasing after many prospects like they're going after Jobe. So I don't think you know how to evaluate talent.
I saw highlights of jobe, a 20 yr old getting ed by some sorry *** prep school kid from connecticut, so yea he aint the best or even close to top 3 in the ****ing class. imo gurvan hall ****s on jobe in all facets of the game as does gilbert

Because of that play Jobe isn´t elite?
it was 2 plays, and yea i can look at those 2 plays as well as his other film nd determine hes not the best player in the class. hes a good athlete, dont get me wrong, but top 3 overall or best nah. pete is just being a homer no matter how he tries to sell it that hes not. Alabama wants him because they need help at db immediately and hes wants the bag. if he came here and we get ty with who we already have, **** man he aint playing in front of gilbert, ty or hall so he sees alabama as the easy way. Just callin it like i see it and dont care what some idiots on here here think about it

I keep reading people say that we should move onto better options like Campbell, Samuel and Surtain. Is there a chance Jobe knows these guys are better and is investigating his options in the event we land some of the other three? Can you really fault the kid for that?

Samuel is not comparable as I stated earlier.

Campbell and Surtain are a notch better but a Jobe is still a very, very good prospect.

He's a definite take even if we get all three.

I disagree With this kind of. To me out of those 3 Campbell has the best film due to his combo of coverage, tackling ability, speed/closing speed. Jobe film overall(throughout highschool) is Better than surtains. All 3 are ballers and I think Gurvan halll is tight there with them

I love it when people try and talk about a corners film. The best compliment you can have with regardd to film as a corner is very little of it. What that tells you instantly is that the opposing team doesn't even bother trying you. The only true way to accurately judge a corner is by seeing entire game footage. Watching highlights only shows what can happen if they come your way. Of course said highlights also won't show the times passes were completed or when you were roasted.

All three have highlights, Surtain less than most. The one place Surtain showed out better than the other two was one on one in camp settings. He displayed that he was the boss of all three.

Anyone would love to have all three, two, or even one of them. Jobs isn't a corner, could play there if needed due to injuries, so I'm not sure why people compare all three.

The best safety of the bunch, Jobe. The best corner right now, Surtain. Campbell is right there with Surtain. Jobe as a corner though would be behind a number of guys at the corner position.

Exactly. Surtain was a no fly zone this year. 0 completions.

this is inaccurate. he gave up several completions to 1 player in 2 games I saw in person.

i dont think you know how to evaluate talent then. dudes maybe top 7 in this class and thats a big MAYBE. But hey the rest of the dudes didnt go to columbus so how good could they be compared to a 20 year old

You don't see Bama chasing after many prospects like they're going after Jobe. So I don't think you know how to evaluate talent.
I saw highlights of jobe, a 20 yr old getting ed by some sorry *** prep school kid from connecticut, so yea he aint the best or even close to top 3 in the ****ing class. imo gurvan hall ****s on jobe in all facets of the game as does gilbert

it was 2 plays, and yea i can look at those 2 plays as well as his other film nd determine hes not the best player in the class. hes a good athlete, dont get me wrong, but top 3 overall or best nah. pete is just being a homer no matter how he tries to sell it that hes not. Alabama wants him because they need help at db immediately and hes wants the bag. if he came here and we get ty with who we already have, **** man he aint playing in front of gilbert, ty or hall so he sees alabama as the easy way. Just callin it like i see it and dont care what some idiots on here here think about it

If its the play I think it is, that was against Bishop Sullivan. Heritage only beat them by a touchdown. They're pretty good. Jobe is good. Would not be ideal to lose him.

The guy on Bama 247 who is a coach on the staff at Stockbridge Brenton Cox and Marquez Ezzard said the plan is for jobe to sign next week. He’s right sometimes and wrong sometimes too but we will see
CD22A38F-7E95-4385-977C-EED778137139.jpg
CD22A38F-7E95-4385-977C-EED778137139.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement

Can you post here this film of Gilbert playing safety? The HL posted here shows an elite athlete returning punts, kick offs and playing receiver but very few plays playing DB.

That being said, he has all the tools to be coached into a elite safety. But he´s far from a ready product.

Gurvan Hall on the other hand I think will come and compete for a spot.

The guy on Bama 247 who is a coach on the staff at Stockbridge Brenton Cox and Marquez Ezzard said the plan is for jobe to sign next week. He’s write sometimes and wrong wometimes too but we will see

this is clearly the case

Jobe is lying to everyone and will sign with Bama next week

LMFAO did broke really go in this definitively off of a highlight tape?

Call me an idiot all you like. I trust Saban’s eval more than yours.

Advertisement
If Jobe wears 26 in a bama Uniform it’s on. Every offensive player is on notice for some serious hit stick. If things go well for us we should see them before the ‘21 game. I hope Don Chaney Jr trucks his *** over should be at least 230 by then.

My sincere hope would be that Jobe and Realus meet up in the A gap on a HB Iso play and Realus shows him how real men go about their business.

Good for you. go root for bama then and keep getting cucked like your boy

Advertisement
All this hand wringing and crying over a 5'11 178 lb db running a 4.55 forty. Like really? There is a literal forest of kids from Florida like this.

Kick jobe to the curb, lock down Samuel and smith, and throw away the key. We'll be laughing our asses off watching jobe stew on the bench while we're winning. And no I don't trust the heritage kids either.

The guy on Bama 247 who is a coach on the staff at Stockbridge Brenton Cox and Marquez Ezzard said the plan is for jobe to sign next week. He’s write sometimes and wrong wometimes too but we will see

this is clearly the case

Jobe is lying to everyone and will sign with Bama next week
You dont think jobe would actually lie to people so he can take some of the pressure off himself so he can do some shady **** do you?? come on man of course that cuck is lying to everybody trying to get more money from bama before he signs next week. yall need to open your eyes and see whats going on

If the Bama insiders are right and Jobe does sign with Bama next week, then I'm satisfied with the result at this juncture. Gives us time to focus on Asante and make him a priority if we haven't done so already. In no way do I have any faith whatsoever with Jobe signing here.

Good for you. go root for bama then and keep getting cucked like your boy

The only thing getting cucked here are your feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back