Diaz and Mass Substitution

It's by design and it's infuriating.

Play your best players. This is college football, you shouldn't be handing out participation ribbons.

Advertisement
Is everyone forgetting that these two games are games we EXPECT to win so we are rotating players and using different schemes and techniques to see what works and doesn't work for our team.. Richt didn't seem worried at all after half-time in his interview let's relax and take our victory we'll be fine

Exactly

Anyone else notice we put our entire bench out there even though it wasn't a blow out yet? Wtf was up with that? Golden never even did something that questionable and strange. Toledo scored on that series very quickly which made it a two possession game

Is everyone forgetting that these two games are games we EXPECT to win so we are rotating players and using different schemes and techniques to see what works and doesn't work for our team.. Richt didn't seem worried at all after half-time in his interview let's relax and take our victory we'll be fine

We EXPECT to win but yet we were losing before halftime with mostly 2nd team in as they drove down the field score more points.

Look i get what some of you are saying about getting experience and development. But the 1st team needs that also because they have not looked good at all. The subs just exacerbate the problem

So when would you prefer they get experience during a highly contested VT game or FSU?? trial by fire you have to put them in the game to at least know what they can and can't do.. that's the purpose for these tune up games.. this board goes from one extreme to the next after every play lol

I expect them to be on the bench unless garbage time, blowout, injury or Fatigue(no one should be tired after the first 5 snaps of the game). If they want more playing time earn that **** in practice. Until then Perry and Owens should ride the bench they are not good. If they have to play against Vtech we are ****ed anyway. So experience excuse is weak

Anyone else notice we put our entire bench out there even though it wasn't a blow out yet? Wtf was up with that? Golden never even did something that questionable and strange. Toledo scored on that series very quickly which made it a two possession game

Amazing wasnt it. But apparently the coaches knew we were going to win so no worries....

Advertisement

We EXPECT to win but yet we were losing before halftime with mostly 2nd team in as they drove down the field score more points.

Look i get what some of you are saying about getting experience and development. But the 1st team needs that also because they have not looked good at all. The subs just exacerbate the problem

So when would you prefer they get experience during a highly contested VT game or FSU?? trial by fire you have to put them in the game to at least know what they can and can't do.. that's the purpose for these tune up games.. this board goes from one extreme to the next after every play lol

I expect them to be on the bench unless garbage time, blowout, injury or Fatigue(no one should be tired after the first 5 snaps of the game). If they want more playing time earn that **** in practice. Until then Perry and Owens should ride the bench they are not good. If they have to play against Vtech we are ****ed anyway. So experience excuse is weak

Um I'm sure they earned it in practice and the starters didn't look great either if you want pin point performance as a means to why perry and owens shouldn't have been getting reps.. again put them in the game for experience and development purposes so if injury or fatigue or any other reason the staters can't play we have an idea of what they can do

I tried to get someone to sub in for me to watch the first half. No takers. Indeed frustrating.

Diaz has been infected by a dangerous virus called doritonitis it seems.
What exactly is Diaz trying to accomplish with this approach? We subtitute what seem to be random and bizarre times during drives. The back 7 is the biggest culprit particularly LB and Safety.

On our first Defensive series Charles Perry is in the Game on the 5th play from scrimmage. Then Perry and Knowles are in on the next couple of plays in a converted 3rd down.
This was a theme throughtout the game. All the 2nd quarter drives Perry, Knowles, Owens, Smith, Carter are in the game on critical 3rd downs and giving up big plays. Perry is in the game WAY TOO MUCH.

We supposedly have the 3 most talented young LBs in the nation. Yet we take them out every 5 plays. What does this do to their cohesiveness and communication. Our safeties are already suspect let them develop some type of chemistry out there. I dont get it. Its like we dont have starters at LB and S.

This along with Diaz inexplicable defensive alignments are making it like childs play for the opposing offense. We will get slaughtered during ACC play if we dont correct this.

Sn:(Mccloud play has been a little underwhelming but they take him out every 3 plays it seems)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back