Diamante Howard

Man this is a tough situation. Kid has been committed for a long time and loves the U. I would hate to be in the coaches shoes when dealing with kids like this. I think we can fill our class with better athletes honestly but I also think there’s something to be said about being loyal to a kid like this who committed early and has stayed firm. Tough

Advertisement
This kid has a whole season ahead of him, I think right now it's too early to say IF he's worthy of a UM offer or not!! Because what is crazy is, too many ppl on sites like this speak about a recruit and say he's not this and he's not that, THEN soon as that same kid all of a sudden starts getting attention and offers from certain schools, then all of a sudden those same ppl start questioning our staff because the staff might have cooled on him BUT months before, ppl was saying he's not UM caliber BUT ole Saban and a few others are pulling on his coat tail now Miami made a bad decision not recruiting him!!

I say give this kid the summer at least and let's see how he performs..

Advertisement
If the coaches don't think he's good enough he won't be in the class. That's just the way recruiting works, everywhere. Maybe he'll develop over the summer so I'm not writing him off yet though.

But we're not giving a kid a scholarship just because he was an early commit. We might have space now but we only have 26 initial counters and we cant afford to waste any of them. If it comes down to him or a kid like Solomon or Huff, I know who the coaches will be taking.

As long as the coaches are straight up and truthful with the kid, I don't see the issue.

I want him in to send a message, if you are in, you are in. If you looking we are looking. Make him a special team's head hunter.

Not if you want to be an elite team. On the 2001 team, Sean Taylor, DJ Williams, Kellen Winslow II, Antrel Rolle and Rocky McIntosh were the short side of the kickoff team.

Advertisement
You guys act like we have maxed out on ships. But, were are about 8 below the limit. I am all for using one for the right message. If when he gets here he is outclassed he will figure it out and if he wants to play transfer. If he stays he cand do something and for 50 years he will recruit for us in the community.
No, we're currently at 82 scholarships, so Idk where you get 8 below max from.
secondly we have 28 scholarships total to use on 2019. That means about 4 can be given to LBs. Sorry but out of Jesiah Pierre, Sam Brooks, Ge'mon Eaford, Avery Huff, Anthony Soloman, Jahmar Brown, Darius Williams, etc Diamante Howard just isn't on that level where he needs to be in this class. In fact all 7 of those guys imo should get in before Howard.

Ignoring the measurable stats - is he a playmaker? He might have elite instincts which makes up for a bad 40 time. If he is projected at LB I'm more concerned about whether he can move laterally and can attack the LOS quickly rather than how fast he runs 40 yards in a straight line. My favorite Dolphin of all time, Zach Thomas, ran a 4.85 at the combine (and Howard is in HS so plenty of time to get faster). Howard is related to Sean Taylor so I trust in the bloodlines. Might just be a natural-born playmaker. I'm assuming Miami initially offered him for a reason.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I hope we keep him and he is able to be a contributor here. But if a player is not Miami caliber isn't it best for him to go somewhere he can play?

Advertisement
Drop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180225-065150.png
    Screenshot_20180225-065150.png
    663.3 KB · Views: 201
I haven't thought Howard would be in this class for a while now.

Nothing against him personally, he's a good kid but unfortunately 2019 is ridiculously stacked at LB, there's several better options on the board.

Whether he sticks with Miami or not, I wish the young man the absolute best. And if there's still room in this class come late Decemeber/January I would have no issue with us taking him.
100% agree with this statement

Advertisement
Back