Diamante Howard

McKenzieMoore

Recruit
Do we continue to recruit him as a Safety? I don't think his film is as impressive as other LB prospects, he's not filling out into an LB and his SPARQ testing numbers suggest he may not be athletic enough to play Safety.

Advertisement
Not sure what we'll do with him. I wonder the same thing myself, and I agree with you on the film.

Do we continue to recruit him as a Safety? I don't think his film is as impressive as other LB prospects, he's not filling out into an LB and his SPARQ testing numbers suggest he may not be athletic enough to play Safety.

Like you said, not big enough for LB, not fast enough for DB. Howard hasn't really been hearing from coaches very often either lately. He was one of the first commits for 2019, but unfortunately, there's a very good chance he's left out of this class.

Like you said, not big enough for LB, not fast enough for DB. Howard hasn't really been hearing from coaches very often either lately. He was one of the first commits for 2019, but unfortunately, there's a very good chance he's left out of this class.

Cut bait with him now or he let him earn his scholarship this upcoming season as a safety. Either way Miami is in a good position.

Advertisement

I've been wondering this for a year, thanks Stefan.

Not a fan of letting go of local guys who've committed. But, not a surprise that this may happen.

And perhaps with Fuller in this year's class if Ariz is right.

Advertisement
I haven't thought Howard would be in this class for a while now.

Nothing against him personally, he's a good kid but unfortunately 2019 is ridiculously stacked at LB, there's several better options on the board.

Whether he sticks with Miami or not, I wish the young man the absolute best. And if there's still room in this class come late Decemeber/January I would have no issue with us taking him.

Peaked to early

Advertisement
Wi
I haven't thought Howard would be in this class for a while now.

Nothing against him personally, he's a good kid but unfortunately 2019 is ridiculously stacked at LB, there's several better options on the board.

Whether he sticks with Miami or not, I wish the young man the absolute best. And if there's still room in this class come late Decemeber/January I would have no issue with us taking him.

Well end up being 2019 Jeff James.

He’s a local legacy kid.im not for giving him a spot because of this but if you’re going to let him go do it now.Dont drag the kid along knowing he’s 99% no going to make it in.

Advertisement

I posted yesterday on him. The Nike numbers are good except for that 4.92--40. I hope it was an aberration and he does better this year in a camp, combine or invite. Has not run track-sprints so no way to balance that bad time off.

February 19, 2017 Orlando Nike--
Howard, Diamante....Southridge - DB... 6-2(H)...176(W).......4.92(40).......4.36(short shuttle)..... 35.0 (power ball).. 35.7(vertical)... 83.94(Sparq)
The vertical is very good was in the top 20 for the 200 or so invitees...short shuttle Ok......its the 40........Nike is often tough on the 40 and many guys including sprinters will not run. Seen many guys official 11.0--100m and below run in the 4.6s and upper 4.5s.
Has the length for a safety as weight can be brought up to 190-or better without too much trouble.

Last edited:
I posted yesterday on him. The Nike numbers are good except for that 4.92--40. I hope it was an aberration and he does better this year in a camp, combine or invite. Has not run track-sprints so no way to balance that bad time off.

From 1953 last Friday
February 19, 2017 Orlando Nike--
Howard, Diamante....Southridge - DB... 6-2(H)...176(W).......4.92(40).......4.36(short shuttle)..... 35.0 (power ball).. 35.7(vertical)... 83.94(Sparq)
The vertical is very good was in the top 20 for the 200 or so invitees...short shuttle Ok......its the 40........Nike is often tough on the 40 and many guys including sprinters will not run. Seen many guys official 11.0--100m and below run in the 4.6s and upper 4.5s.
Has the length for a safety as weight can be brought up to 190-or better without too much trouble.

post # 12 on safety Kenotra Smith--regarding true sprinters who did not test well at the Nike
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...-s-keontra-smith-chaminade-madonna-hs.130629/

"In the February 25th Miami Nike in 2017 a year ago Smith put up some pretty decent numbers. He was 5-11 and 190. Posted a decent 4.62--40 as those cams are particularity tough in 40 times--his times was tied for 14th best. Only 4 people (out of about 200 top players) broke 4.5 and they were sprinters like Schwartz, Campbell, Richner and Shivers all super elite HS sprinters. etc.,"

"Some other HS sprinters that ran the 40 and their best 100m times- Jobe 4.57 (10.90-100m as a 10th grader), Carlos Sandy 4.61 (10.71-100m), Divaad Wilson 10.92-100m--4.62, Camron Davis 4.64 (10.94-100m). So his 40 speed up there with the best."

"He also posted a 35.8 inch vertical jump (in the top 20) showing good explosion."

Advertisement
Back