Dexter Williams: Confident, Courageous, and a 'Cane

Yes! Love this kid and I think he's going to do big stuff for us. This 2015 class is going to be huge despite the slow start, just wait.

Advertisement
This was a really good article. Cane or not he will be in the NFL, he's the best RB in Florida. Just stay healthy and work hard, he's faster than Patrick, shifter than Cronkrite and has more power than Ray Ray McCloud. 5-star player

Wow. Sounds like a great kid. Very much like some of our old guys, who came from tough lives but didn't surrender to them. You have got to love a kid who throws down like that with Yearby. Cook couldn't start with Joe on his team, but this kid is coming to take over from Duke. Cannot wait to see that competition. The more I watched Yearby last year, the more I thought we got the best of the three big names. Him and this kid will follow Duke into NFL and we will be RB U again. Great write up Glory.

I really hopes he sticks to his commitment and becomes the next great RB to represent the []_[] in the NFL.

Advertisement
Wow, gotta feel for what he went through as a child and now has overcome everything. Great story, hope Dexter the best as he enters the next chapter of his life here at the U. Kid clearly has a good head on his shoulders and is headed in the right direction.

With a SPARQ rating of 115+, the numbers are certainly saying he will "make it"

Haha, nice article, feels good to snag such a baller out of the blue (seemingly)

Yeah, I wonder what the percentage of recruits with that Sparq rating are who make the league, bet the numbers go up pretty nicely. Love seeing tape where the player looks like he is in a completely separate league from the competition.

Great article, Pete! Dexter is a great athlete and has a good head on his shoulders. This is exactly the type of savage we have been missing.

I'm not Pete but thanks

172.gif

Advertisement
I hope he sticks with us, he has major talent. Getting him as an EE would be ideal, hope he sticks and the staff can get him in early. But after all the let downs over the years I've become Negative Nancy until LOI is faxed.

Mother is sick. They don't have much. 5-star talent. $ec bagman will be lurking in the bushes. Hope he sticks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Some people were actually questioning this commit because he hadn't been ranked. Now that he's a Top 100 recruit nationally, Top 5 RB, are Golden and staff all of a sudden smarter? ... Again, excellent pickup and Welcome to the U... And I agree that we need to keep showing love to Williams. Orlando isn't really anyone's feeder area like Jax and areas further North. But the $EC will be all over this kid.

Last edited:
Some people were actually questioning this commit because he hadn't been ranked. Now that he's a Top 100 recruit nationally, Top 5 RB, are Golden and staff all of a sudden smarter? ... Again, excellent pickup and Welcome to the U... And I agree that we need to keep showing love to Williams. Orlando isn't really anyone's feeder area like Jax and areas further North. But the $EC will be all over this kid.

when was anyone questioning this commit. ever since the SPARQ camp guys have been drooling over this kid.

WTF are you talking about? The board exploded with jubilation when Williams committed. And he was a top-ranked recruit at the time of the commitment (No. 4 RB in 247's rankings, high-four star in 247's composite rankings).

Revisionist history at its finest.

Advertisement
Back