Devonaire Clarington

accomadus

Junior
Remember him? Stud TE from Booker T Washington that committed to Univ of Texas, only to have his grades become an issue (Never a surprise to anyone on this board when it came to him)

He's enrolled at Blinn College... yep, same Texas school that massaged Cam Newton before he ended up at Auburn.

Former Texas signee Devonaire Clarington inks with Blinn College

Clarington, a Miami native, initially signed with the Longhorns as a member of the 2015 class, but he never reached campus because of qualification issues. His transcript was held by the NCAA Clearinghouse for a long time during the summer of 2015, but it was eventually cleared. However, Clarington could not yet start at Texas because of his ACT score.

As a result of this, the two sides went in different directions in December.

Clarington, a 6-foot-5, 238-pounder, was considered a huge get for Texas in the 2015 class. The talented pass catcher would have provided a combination of size and speed at the tight end position the Longhorns have lacked in the decade since Jermichael Finley was on the Forty Acres.

At Blinn, Clarington will have the opportunity to improve his grades to earn eligibility at a high-major school. If that happens, his skillset will make him a popular target for Power Five programs.

Advertisement
That'll be very interesting to watch...I would have no problem taking him whenever possible

Wasted schoolie by Texas... Everyone knew he would not get in... Remember how Charlie Strong was just going to kill it down in S. FLorida...HA! Without a bagman and weakazz admissions system, he ain't getting nothing down here. The love done wore off...

Last edited:
Wasted schoolie by Texas... Everyone knew he would not get in... Remember how Charlie Strong was just going to kill it down in S. FLorida...HA! Without a bagman and weakazz admissions system, he ain't getting nothing down here. The love done wore off...

Does UT have stringent admissions for football players? Specifics please.

Advertisement

Hes referencing UT vs UL admissions

Advertisement

Oh, I got it. I just want to know how the two compare for football players. As I said, specifics please.

Oh, I got it. I just want to know how the two compare for football players. As I said, specifics please.

They both use what most do, the NCAA minimums.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You will never hear about him again.

Hate to say it but this is spot on..for every Lavonte David there is a Frank Newman...for every Jerome McDougle there is a Demar Dorsey. A local kid whom you hope goes to a JUCO for two years and gets it together and comes back home to ball out but it almost never happens.. Most of the time these kids just disappear into the "No Mans Land" known as JUCO.

Good luck to the kid and where ever life takes him I hope he makes something out of himself. If he doesnt make it he will look back and see that going to 5 HSs in 4 years was his ultimate undoing and whatever adult was guiding him at the time he should permanantly remove from his life moving forward.

Hope they put him on defense.

if his purported reputation of being soft is true, then this is not the way to go, especially on the DL.

Do you watch FILM, man? Have you seen TAPE of dev playing DE? If not then gtfo. He is a high D1 prospect at DE bro - just watch some tape man smh.
Look up the word purported. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Look up the word tape, man. or x's & o's. Scheme. Talent evaluation. Personnel.

Advertisement
Back