Devon Betty Ready For First Season At St. Thomas

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
4-star linebacker Devon Betty is looking to help St. Thomas get back to states this season. The 6'1’’, 196 pound defender likes what he has seen from his team through the first part of fall camp.

“We looking great, we coming along. Even though I wasn’t at St. Thomas last year, I was at Miramar, but I feel loved. First week of practice, I’m feeling good. Team looking good. That’s what's most important, the team is looking good for the first game.”

Betty transferred from Miramar after last season and is looking to make the most of this opportunity St. Thomas has given him.

“The transition has been good. It’s a better opportunity. Great things have happened since I transferred to St. Thomas. I just want to thank Coach Roger Harriott for the opportunity. Once he gave me the opportunity I just never looked back.”

Betty is on team mission to win states this season, but he is also on a personal mission to silence all of his doubters.

“I’m just trying to prove people wrong. A lot of people doubted me after I made my decision to come to St. Thomas leaving Miramar. I just want to prove everybody wrong. I’m coming from defensive end to linebacker, I just want to prove I can do it.”

Most people would view St. Thomas as a step up from Miramar, and Betty has had that same view so far.

“I’d say the love from the coaches (is a difference). They guide you, they guide you way more. I’m not saying Miramar didn’t guide me, but it’s just better opportunities over here. It’s love.”

St. Thomas has five different linebackers with a Miami offer. With so much talent at one position, you have to wonder how they plan on getting all the talent on the field at the same time.

“The coaches got packages for us that people will see in the first game and throughout the season, actually. A lot of people think that we can’t put all of our linebackers on the field but first game, they will see.”

Betty has been impressed by what he has seen from the current Miami commits at Aquinas.

“(Jason) Munoz, his strength, his size, his determination, he brings a lot to the table. (Anthony) Solomon is just an outstanding player. Field to field guy, sideline to sideline. He can just be all over the field. Avery Huff, he can play every position on the field from defensive end to linebacker to safety.”

Miami cannot push extremely hard for Betty just yet due to the recruiting rules, but they are still pushing about as hard as they can.

“I am a rising junior so they still can’t talk to me that much, but on a scale from 1-10, 8.5.”

Betty visited Miami at the start of the summer for a 7-on-7 camp. Although it was not a recruiting visit per se, Miami still made a strong impression on him.

“I was at the 7-on-7 camp and just the love they have. From the players that assisted at the camp, to the trainers, to the coaches, it’s just love. They make you feel like home. Miami, they really make you feel like you’re at home.”

Much like the fanbase, Betty has high expectations for Miami this season.

“From what I’ve been looking at and the practices I’ve been looking at, I think Miami has a shot to win it all this season. From what they already had and from what they got with the freshmen coming in, they look good.”

Coach Manny Diaz is leading Betty’s recruitment and Betty has been buying what Diaz is selling.

“You can’t get a better defense than Miami. It’s just that. You always talk about the good defense they have, the people that are around the defense, the coaches, the senior players. That’s the biggest selling point right there.”

Advertisement
We have to create an exciting buzz all season and whipping fsu and clemson would result in keeping some on the fence top talent home.

was recruited away from Miramar by STA. Kid is the goods...mainly played DE at Miramar.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's 68% of their FBS signings that are 4-year players.

@Matthew_Suero has already been exposed on this and has refused to retract his claims. @Stefan Adams employs a proven liar on his staph.

Of Miami's three current commits from STA, two of them (67%) are 4-year players.

Of all the STA players that have been mentioned on this forum, this is the breakdown:

4-year
Anthony Solomon
Jason Munoz
Marcus Dumervil
Marcus Rosemy
Daniel Carter
Jordan Battle
Derek Wingo
Jaden Davis

Not 4-year
Avery Huff
Devon Betty
Braylen Ingraham
Xavier Restrepo

There's a theme here. About 2/3.

You keep lying and/or getting this stuff wrong over and over again. You're then told the truth and you ignore it so you can keep lying about it.

I'd say seek help but I don't think you care.

Hook, Line, Sinker

And I'm also game to tell you Me and nobody on this site gives a ****. There is no 4 year developmental program in Sofla.

Did you see the 19 OL thread.

3 STA players all 3 are transfers......do explain

Advertisement
Then how are 2/3 of the players from the most prolific FBS scholarship high school in America developed at that school for 4 years?

I'm sure on of you message board flunkies who lie about everything can explain this coherently and succinctly.

Most Prolific??

Let's not say that. Mater Dei would beat on STA. IMG would beat STA. There is plenty of schools just in the Tri-County who would beat STA. Miramar?? Let's be serious now

It's 68% of their FBS signings that are 4-year players.

@Matthew_Suero has already been exposed on this and has refused to retract his claims. @Stefan Adams employs a proven liar on his staph.

Of Miami's three current commits from STA, two of them (67%) are 4-year players.

Of all the STA players that have been mentioned on this forum, this is the breakdown:

4-year
Anthony Solomon
Jason Munoz
Marcus Dumervil
Marcus Rosemy
Daniel Carter
Jordan Battle
Derek Wingo
Jaden Davis

Not 4-year
Avery Huff
Devon Betty
Braylen Ingraham
Xavier Restrepo

There's a theme here. About 2/3.

You keep lying and/or getting this stuff wrong over and over again. You're then told the truth and you ignore it so you can keep lying about it.

I'd say seek help but I don't think you care.
Semar Ace Melvin and Myles Bell are 4 year STA guy's, Melvin's a 4⭐ on Rivals, 247 has him at 5'10-5 while Rivals say 6'0 ft, ESPN say 5'11, I've even seen 6'1, Bell is definitely 6'0 ft plus and both have offer's from P5 schools, Melvin's committed to Wisconsin and Bell's probably going to Virginia Tech or Penn State, Bell's also legacy at West Virginia.

Advertisement
True, but this fellow just opened up a new account and has a few more posts before he gets booted again.

Let him post a few more.

And it was good to see that Buford HS has the most players in college out of the GA high schools at the moment.

Can't hurt our recruiting with Simpson here - especially since we've already landed one in his first year.

This thread is about Betty who was recruited by sta from Miramar lol.

Then how are 2/3 of the players from the most prolific FBS scholarship high school in America developed at that school for 4 years?

I'm sure on of you message board flunkies who lie about everything can explain this coherently and succinctly.
Are you the white dude who got exposed and then got into with Macho... lol either way. I don't care and your *** I annoying.

This thread is about Betty who was recruited by sta from Miramar lol.

That's what STA does, they too ***** to stick to the Catholic school league so they stick to a district with all Public schools then recruit the players from within the district to play for them. No other school in the country is afforded that benefit.

Of the 67 players from STA, how many are 4 year STA guys

Advertisement
Back