Devil's advocate

I'm not ready to put all of the blame on Richt. I agree his offense does seem old and outdated. He also hasn't adjusted it to the talent or lack of talent on the team. I will put this out there. Who was the last good QB at Miami? I'd say Dorsey with Brock Berlin showing some flashes. It's been over a decade. We haven't seen Richt's QB (willams) yet. I know it's hard but we need some more time. I think Williams would've been playing by now if he didn't get hurt.

Miami QB's since Dorsey

Berlin
Wright
Freeman
Highsmith
Harris
Morris
Kaaya
Rosier

That list is pathetic for Miami. We've all wanted these guys benched while they were playing.

Advertisement
Honestly I liked jacory thought he played very well. Threw a great deep ball. But I see what ur saying

I'm not ready to put all of the blame on Richt. I agree his offense does seem old and outdated. He also hasn't adjusted it to the talent or lack of talent on the team. I will put this out there. Who was the last good QB at Miami? I'd say Dorsey with Brock Berlin showing some flashes. It's been over a decade. We haven't seen Richt's QB (willams) yet. I know it's hard but we need some more time. I think Williams would've been playing by now if he didn't get hurt.

Miami QB's since Dorsey

Berlin
Wright
Freeman
Highsmith
Harris
Morris
Kaaya
Rosier

That list is pathetic for Miami. We've all wanted these guys benched while they were playing.
Nkosi is his guy, Weldon is his guy...not just Williams and Williams wasn't even his guy until the very end and Sitkowski was too trash to ignore and drop.

Miami QB's since Dorsey

Berlin
Wright
Freeman
Highsmith
Harris
Morris
Kaaya
Rosier

I am. That being said you forgot the Boilermaker Sensation Robert Marve. He wasn't that bad his senior season at Purdue stats-wise. Kirby Freeman was named starter at Baylor after fall camp. I don't typically bang on our kids but he did transfer out. He last about 10 minutes in their first game before he got benched. Even Tiller figured it out without 15 minutes that Kirby was no bueno.

Advertisement
It's sad to think about it but Jacory with Fisch was probably the best qb/offense we've probably had recently. Wasn't that the first year we had a 1,000 yard rusher since McGahee with Lamar Miller?

This is ******* retarded. Stephen Morris was on an NFL Team/Practice Squad for 4 years. Now Kaaya has been on a team or practice squad for 2 years.

That means they had talent. Were they some amazingly elite players? No. But lets not have revisionist history here, those two were more than good enough to win a lot of games at Miami.

Advertisement
It's sad to think about it but Jacory with Fisch was probably the best qb/offense we've probably had recently. Wasn't that the first year we had a 1,000 yard rusher since McGahee with Lamar Miller?
Scary part is, Kaaya at the end when Richt switched up the offense to run what he could do we actually balled out, and this coming from a non Kaaya fan. Beat WVU in a bowl game and everything...then we revert back to this.

Miami QB's since Dorsey

Berlin
Wright
Freeman
Highsmith
Harris
Morris
Kaaya
Rosier

It's all about coaching.
Harris had a nice senior season under Jedd.
Berlin beat his old school.
Yer right, but these days i look for little victories..

And here's devil's advocate to the devil's advocate.

Anyone attempting to assign the blame to the players or a particular position while ignoring THE PERSON WHO IS IN CHARGE OF RECRUITING, EVALUATING, AND DEVELOPING THOSE PLAYERS IN HIS THIRD FULL YEAR is conveniently turning a blind eye to what's going on with this program.

The fact we are still starting a QB that was recruited by Alfred Golden is a DIRECT indictment on Mark Richt. Anyone saying otherwise is just making excuses for this pathetic staff.

Advertisement
This is ******* retarded. Stephen Morris was on an NFL Team/Practice Squad for 4 years. Now Kaaya has been on a team or practice squad for 2 years.

That means they had talent. Were they some amazingly elite players? No. But lets not have revisionist history here, those two were more than good enough to win a lot of games at Miami.
This board was calling for both of those guys to get benched. Let's not pretend that didn't happen

This board was calling for both of those guys to get benched. Let's not pretend that didn't happen

As I recall this board was more up in arms about the coaching staff at the time.

Go figure, been a recurring problem around here for over 15 years. 4 ****** coaching staffs who all got prematurely extended.

Honestly I liked jacory thought he played very well. Threw a great deep ball. But I see what ur saying
With Jacory (actually anyone other thank Malik that game) last year, I think we beat Pitt and end up #1 that weekend.

Against Clemson we're still were missing a lot of offensive players.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami QB's since Dorsey

Berlin
Wright
Freeman
Highsmith
Harris
Morris
Kaaya
Rosier
Wright was pretty good early, then regressed because his mechanics simply broke down to the point where he couldn't deliver the football. In hindsight, he really should have been a better player at Miami but I don't think he put in the work that he should have to keep his mechanics on point. Some of this can be attributed to running the Patrick Nix offense too.

Berlin was good, but a gunslinger. Relied heavily on how big his arm was...but when he was hot, he was probably the best QB on that list.

Jacory was okay, but his arm strength was limited. He couldn't throw well to the sideline, especially from far hash to numbers. His deep balls were NOT good, and were the source of his copious amounts of INT's.

Morris was probably the most well-rounded of all of these guys. He could move (though he didn't do that much), had a rocket for an arm, and by the time he was a Senior, he was starting to figure out that every ball didn't have to be a fastball...he started shaping the ball a little more. He's my favorite out of this list if I had to pick one to start for us today.

Kaaya was a quintessential pocket passer. Decent arm, threw accurate passes, stepped in as a true Freshman on the road at Louisville for his debut and wasn't bad even though we lost. He just was not enough of an athlete to move outside of the pocket well, and when he was hot he was hot...but when he was cold....whoooo boy.

Kirby was turrible...other than spells where he came in for a drive or 2 and looked competent against VT in 2005 and FSU in 2006 when Wright got banged up. Any other time...freaking horrible. No idea why AJ Highsmith made this list...I don't know when he ever took offensive snaps at QB before switching over to DB.

Rosier...well, you know.

LOL @ Jacory having a good deep ball. He and Whipple were an opposing safety's dream combo.

Depends on how you value good quarterbacks. None of those guys were elite arm talents, but I'll take Kaaya, Harris, and Morris over Rosier on ANY given Saturday.

I for one can say I never said that, because I knew that one of either Spencer Whipple, Gray Crow, or Preston Dewey was the next man up. Let's not forget Cannon Smith either. The only viable backup that Morris ever had was Ryan Williams.

Yes - there was controversy as to whether or not Ryan Williams deserved some time to start once Morris was gone and Kaaya won out...but that had nothing to do with anyone calling for Morris to be benched.

Advertisement
Back