Developing DTs

tsimonitis

Senior
Premium
Grabbed this from rivals, they are doing an NFLU type thing by position. Looks like AG and Jethro have done quite a job at Temple.

"Candidate you might not have considered: Temple had a pair of defensive tackles who earned starts in the NFL last season. Terrance Knighton has been a starter with the Jacksonville Jaguars for the last three seasons, while Andre Neblett made four starts for the Carolina Panthers in 2011. And that doesn't even include Muhammad Wilkerson, a former Temple defensive tackle who started at defensive end for the New York Jets as a rookie last year."

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1356842

Advertisement
He had talent in certain areas but to go from winless and kicked out of your conference to conference champs is a HUGE task, even if the conference is only the MAC. Bottom line is he vastly improved that program and proved he can develop guys as well as anyone in the country. Give it time.

Advertisement
The fact that he can actually develop players (vs corch that could only **** up player's potential and work ethic) is good enough for me. The wins will come.

I hope they can coach em up because FSU has been building a monstrous DLine over the last few years. Seems like we haven't been too successful in recruiting legit DL aside from chick

Advertisement
I hope they can coach em up because FSU has been building a monstrous DLine over the last few years. Seems like we haven't been too successful in recruiting legit DL aside from chick

You mean GOAT 4 loss team FSU?

YEah they have a dominant DL alright LULZ.

We're talking about Temple. The program that almost had their football team nixed the year before Golden joined. The same program that last had a winning record in 1990. The same program that compiled an impressive 14-80 record during their time in the Big East. The same program that went 0-11 the year before Golden joined. You should really get a clue.

all that talent and golden couldnt even win the mac.... **** shame..

You mean GOAT 4 loss team FSU?

YEah they have a dominant DL alright LULZ.

look at their recruit list over the past 3 years. every year they take a few massive tackles and some outside guys. we haven't been able to sign any top notch interior DLinemen.

They have a very good defensive line, despite the four losses

There is a difference between what you sign and what you put on the field. I don't care what we sign, as long as Al develops them to perform like his guys at Temple did.

Advertisement
its just nice to see a coaching staff stay together for once. Tough to develop players when you have a coaching carousel every year.

People always compare our talent and point to VTech but they have a system locked in place there and it makes it easier to find the right players when you have some sort of identity. We are getting there.

Advertisement
I feel like this staff has a system in place to develop the players, just might take a little longer than many of us want to wait.

Golden couldn't sign a QB worth anything at Temple and the OC wasn't going to get more out of the ones he had since he wasn't someone who should have been an OC.

he's all good in that area with Morris as his starter for the next 2 years here and Williams as the guy for a year after that and then Dewey can take over unless someone they sign this year is ends up being better.

i like Dewey though. I think he'll make it hard for anyone to beat him out down the road.

Advertisement
Back