Devante Peete says: Miami is the team to beat

If we get peete that means gossier is out right? I haven't seen or heard much of spence so idk if he will stay in this class. Chatmans the real deal

Why does Gossier have to go?

No room in this class, IMO he is gonna get the Dennis Turner/Nigel Bethel/Alin Edouard treatment, and eventually decommit to make room for some ballers.

I think he's a baller himself and can be a big time red zone threat. Not elite right now but he's a guy I think has upside. Spence ok but not Gossier at least right now

Advertisement
I think we would be better off giving this scholly to a LB. We are ok at WR.

If we get peete that means gossier is out right? I haven't seen or heard much of spence so idk if he will stay in this class. Chatmans the real deal

No room in this class, IMO he is gonna get the Dennis Turner/Nigel Bethel/Alin Edouard treatment, and eventually decommit to make room for some ballers.

I think he's a baller himself and can be a big time red zone threat. Not elite right now but he's a guy I think has upside. Spence ok but not Gossier at least right now

I like gossier a lot but the numbers don't help him and we aren't hurting at WR

I like gossier a lot but the numbers don't help him and we aren't hurting at WR

No I agree and im willing to do it but only for a lb or dt that we'd need. I say we need 2 more lb and id let go of Spence and Gauthier before Gossier. Now if more studs want to jump on then I would bite the bullet reluctantly on Gossier too

Advertisement
Thing I wonder 01 is, Chatman best friend is an LSU commit. And they both want to play together. Have heard Chatman could land the LSU offer after the season. Chatman was 3rd option last year for his school for guys who went D1 as well but they expect him to be the better prospect of them.

Spence, Chatman and Gossier all have the makings to become 4 stars after the season, with a good year.

Spence I believe is a 4 on some already and has been racking in offers.

Some will agree with me on Spence, people who have seen him live. I have, personally I like him. And he's already started to blow up and is getting legit offers.

Chatman, love his tape, but im just worried were gonna get burned here if LSU comes calling or a school wants to take him and his buddy in a package deal. And not only that, he's out of state.

Gossier has the highest ceiling but is very raw. Which same goes for Peete, even though Peete is a bit more polished than Gossier is at the moment.

If anything. Could see us keeping those 3 and adding Peete to it. Especially if Ridley doesnt come here.

We need the size at receiver in the coming years. 3 skyscrapers with potential, and 1 big bodied possession with potential.

At the moment I'm 50/50 on Ridley coming here. And I am leaning towards him NOT coming at the moment.

And for 2016 give me Newbold=speedy and shifty, and Pinder = Skyscraper with potential to close out 2016.

The haul would be from 2014 to 2016.

Berrios - 5'9"
Brady - 6'3"
Langham 6'5"
Njoku - (ATH) 6'4" (Thinking TE or LB is his future)

(Gray primarily a RB but will sprinkle at receiver in packages.)

2015 -
Chatman - 6'4"
Gossier - 6'6"
Peete - 6'5"
Spence - 6'2"

2016 -
Bruce - 5'9"
Mullins - 6'0" (ATH)
Newbold - 5'11"
Pinder - 6'5"
Richards - 6'3" (ATH)
Snelson - 6'0"

Think staff targeting bigger guys right now cause its a dimension we are missing at receiver. We have some speedy guys like Coley, Waters, Dorsett and Lewis. But where is our big bodied guy? That 6'3 plus who will catch everything his way and win the jump ball.

Their will be transfers and guys graduating and eventually leaving early for NFL. Im thinking Dmauri Jones on his way out soon.

After this year, we lose Dorsett and Scott. Scott injury filled and suspension filled and been MIA and looking to be out for a while again. Dorsett deep ball impact will be replaced by Coley and Waters in 2015 season. Even though, Dorsett speed is very rare.

So I expect at the least to lose 3 after the 2014 season. 2 to graduation in Dorsett and Scott and 1 transfer in Jones.

But after this 2014 season. Going into next year for 2015, we would have.

2015 corps - 10, This excluding any other guys who transfer out or don't qualify.

Waters - Senior
Lewis - RS Junior
Coley - Junior
Berrios - Sophomore
Brady - Sophomore
Langham - RS Freshman
Chatman - Freshman
Gossier - Freshman
Peete - Freshman
Spence - Freshman

Thats 10 next year. Good number. And depth. Waters graduating and Coley is one of those 3 and done kind of guys. And you always have to expect at least 1 transfer or 2 every year when you have that many guys. Competition will push some up, and some out.

Unless we get Ridley, don't see any of the freshman receivers getting burn their first year.

Then 2016. We would be looking at.

2016 corps - 13, excluding any guys who transfer out or possible non-qualifies. I'm sure the number will be closer to 11 total by then.

Lewis - RS Senior
Berrios - Junior
Brady - Junior
Langham - RS Sophomore
Chatman - RS Freshman
Gossier - RS Freshman
Peete - RS Freshman
Gossier - RS Freshman
Bruce - Freshman
Mullins - Freshman (Think he ends up at receiver. Richards ends up on defense.)
Newbold - Freshman
Pinder - Freshman
Snelson - Freshman

(I think Richards has upside at WR and DB, but I think his future could be at DB.)

That's 13, excluding any transfers, non qualifiers, or any other cases.

And to finish everything. Staff focusing on bringing bigger guys in for mainly 2014 and 2015, and refocusing again mainly on the speedy, shifty guys for 2016 since we would be losing Coley, Dorsett, Waters, Lewis all in the coming years(14,15,16.) And then Berrios after 2017.

The staffs recruiting at wideout makes sense to me.

And I'm positive we will slow down more and only take 2 or 3 in 2017. We'll be stocked up.

Last edited:
I am not excited by any of the current WR commitments. They will not move ahead of anybody on the roster and if the 2016 commitments remain firm, they will stay buried on the depth chart.

Advertisement
IMO the ideal scenario would be getting Chatman, Peete and Ridley only for this class. I don't want more than 3 this class because of next year.

LSU took a ton of athletes/WR's in the past class (6 to be exact). Add to the fact that they already have one of the top WR's committed in this 2015 class.

They can super afford being highly selective this year. They're loaded there. Unless one of their commits falls off their board, I dont see Chatman getting an offer.

• Says as of right now they got off of probation...says that's a big thumbs up for us...says that opens a lot of doors for us players...

SOURCE

Nobody else want to touch on this? Probabtion has only just started. But the kids´ perception is totally different. The Cloud to them was our probabtion, the penalty itself is irrelevant in their eyes. Recruiting for Golden is just now going to get started.

Advertisement
Richards is a wr all the way
Thing I wonder 01 is, Chatman best friend is an LSU commit. And they both want to play together. Have heard Chatman could land the LSU offer after the season. Chatman was 3rd option last year for his school for guys who went D1 as well but they expect him to be the better prospect of them.

Spence, Chatman and Gossier all have the makings to become 4 stars after the season, with a good year.

Spence I believe is a 4 on some already and has been racking in offers.

Some will agree with me on Spence, people who have seen him live. I have, personally I like him. And he's already started to blow up and is getting legit offers.

Chatman, love his tape, but im just worried were gonna get burned here if LSU comes calling or a school wants to take him and his buddy in a package deal. And not only that, he's out of state.

Gossier has the highest ceiling but is very raw. Which same goes for Peete, even though Peete is a bit more polished than Gossier is at the moment.

If anything. Could see us keeping those 3 and adding Peete to it. Especially if Ridley doesnt come here.

We need the size at receiver in the coming years. 3 skyscrapers with potential, and 1 big bodied possession with potential.

At the moment I'm 50/50 on Ridley coming here. And I am leaning towards him NOT coming at the moment.

And for 2016 give me Newbold=speedy and shifty, and Pinder = Skyscraper with potential to close out 2016.

The haul would be from 2014 to 2016.

Berrios - 5'9"
Brady - 6'3"
Langham 6'5"
Njoku - (ATH) 6'4" (Thinking TE or LB is his future)

(Gray primarily a RB but will sprinkle at receiver in packages.)

2015 -
Chatman - 6'4"
Gossier - 6'6"
Peete - 6'5"
Spence - 6'2"

2016 -
Bruce - 5'9"
Mullins - 6'0" (ATH)
Newbold - 5'11"
Pinder - 6'5"
Richards - 6'3" (ATH)
Snelson - 6'0"

Think staff targeting bigger guys right now cause its a dimension we are missing at receiver. We have some speedy guys like Coley, Waters, Dorsett and Lewis. But where is our big bodied guy? That 6'3 plus who will catch everything his way and win the jump ball.

Their will be transfers and guys graduating and eventually leaving early for NFL. Im thinking Dmauri Jones on his way out soon.

After this year, we lose Dorsett and Scott. Scott injury filled and suspension filled and been MIA and looking to be out for a while again. Dorsett deep ball impact will be replaced by Coley and Waters in 2015 season. Even though, Dorsett speed is very rare.

So I expect at the least to lose 3 after the 2014 season. 2 to graduation in Dorsett and Scott and 1 transfer in Jones.

But after this 2014 season. Going into next year for 2015, we would have.

2015 corps - 10, This excluding any other guys who transfer out or don't qualify.

Waters - Senior
Lewis - RS Junior
Coley - Junior
Berrios - Sophomore
Brady - Sophomore
Langham - RS Freshman
Chatman - Freshman
Gossier - Freshman
Peete - Freshman
Spence - Freshman

Thats 10 next year. Good number. And depth. Waters graduating and Coley is one of those 3 and done kind of guys. And you always have to expect at least 1 transfer or 2 every year when you have that many guys. Competition will push some up, and some out.

Unless we get Ridley, don't see any of the freshman receivers getting burn their first year.

Then 2016. We would be looking at.

2016 corps - 13, excluding any guys who transfer out or possible non-qualifies. I'm sure the number will be closer to 11 total by then.

Lewis - RS Senior
Berrios - Junior
Brady - Junior
Langham - RS Sophomore
Chatman - RS Freshman
Gossier - RS Freshman
Peete - RS Freshman
Gossier - RS Freshman
Bruce - Freshman
Mullins - Freshman (Think he ends up at receiver. Richards ends up on defense.)
Newbold - Freshman
Pinder - Freshman
Snelson - Freshman

(I think Richards has upside at WR and DB, but I think his future could be at DB.)

That's 13, excluding any transfers, non qualifiers, or any other cases.

And to finish everything. Staff focusing on bringing bigger guys in for mainly 2014 and 2015, and refocusing again mainly on the speedy, shifty guys for 2016 since we would be losing Coley, Dorsett, Waters, Lewis all in the coming years(14,15,16.) And then Berrios after 2017.

The staffs recruiting at wideout makes sense to me.

And I'm positive we will slow down more and only take 2 or 3 in 2017. We'll be stocked up.

I might have to take back what I said about Peete after watching this:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2599225/highlights/111463387

I actually never bothered to watch his STA highlights after seeing a couple clips of him at Ely. He is surprisingly quick off the line and has some speed. That play against MNW when he torched that corner really got my attention. Also the last play. I love me some WRs that can roast DBs and take it to the house.

Personally think Peete is a no take. Don't care that he is from STA. We need to recruit kids who can play now, not 3-4 years from now. Too frail. Not quick enough. No YAC whatsoever. Rather take a 5'9" speedster over him for depth. Doesn't have the "it" factor to me.

Advertisement
Don't count your eggs before they hatch. If we have a good season and better guys want in like Phillips, SSB, or Ridley they will drop one of our commits. They all have great size already at 6'1+

Advertisement
Back