Devante Bond gets Miami Offer

We can't have opposing QB's watching all three Lord of the Rings movies before throwing a pass. We were carved up nasty and need guys who can disrupt things. Give me Bond and Hooks to cause some chaos all up in the pocket. NOW

Advertisement
The closest JUCO comparison I can think of for Bond is Bruce Irvin at WVU. Irvin came in as an undersized pass rusher but he's so explosive and gifted at running the arc that he had excellent production. I don't think Bond is as good as Irvin but he projects into a similar role.

Advertisement
I don't think it matters who counts towards last year. We can sign up to 25 this year I believe. We run into an issue with the total amount of scholarship players on the team I believe which is why we can only hand out so few this year.

Correct. Totally irrelevant which class our signees count towards, we´re up against the 85 total limit and assuming that the NCAA will cut that down to less than 85. That´s why we´re looking at a small class.

Last edited:
Excellent first step. Uses his hands pretty well for a kid who could get by with just his athleticism (says something for a kid to not just take easy way and use hands). He had a few inside moves, but for the most part is simply an up the field rusher. He'll have to be coached to read his keys and not allow the opponent to use that against him and hit the draw in behind the gap he vacates.

Does a good job staying disciplined when he has contain...something you also wouldn't expect for a kid who is sort of raw. A pretty linear athlete who could get a little more flexible and lower while running the arc, but he does a good job of dipping his shoulder and getting around the OL even with weight on him.

Seems to find the ball in traffic and gets his way through traffic decently. Doesn't look like he'd excel in coverage and really needs to be coached up on his tackling, as he pretty much only goes for kill shots and actually shoves forward more than taking to the ground.

With what this team needs and what Bond brings athletically, I could argue he'd be a bigger get for next year's team than Hooks. Do want.

I don't think it matters who counts towards last year. We can sign up to 25 this year I believe. We run into an issue with the total amount of scholarship players on the team I believe which is why we can only hand out so few this year.

Correct. Totally irrelevant which class our signees count towards, we´re up against the 85 total limit and assuming that the NCAA will cut that down to less than 85. That´s why we´re looking at a small class.

Essentially trying to get a jump on expected restrictions in the future?

Advertisement

Yeah, I'm not sure where this idea that an early enroll has to count towards last class.. That is just a way around the over signing rule if need be. I'm pretty sure every single one of our signees could come early if they wanted.

Absolutely freakin' wow on Bond's highlight reel. As far as scholarship numbers go, will we give a scholarship to Fentress?

Huh? There´s a limit on how many total players a team can have. That is the reason for the small class. When we sign someone, what class he counts towards, what year he is, all that is irrelevant. Like all teams in CFB, we´re not allowed to have more kids on scholly than the 85 limit. Not that hard to understand.

He's going to need to be coached up a bit but jesus what an athlete...also seems like he has a mean streak. Great get if he comes.

We desperately need a Javon Nanton type, and while a bit smaller, he seems like he could fit the bill.

Smh...stud

Advertisement

Huh? There´s a limit on how many total players a team can have. That is the reason for the small class. When we sign someone, what class he counts towards, what year he is, all that is irrelevant. Like all teams in CFB, we´re not allowed to have more kids on scholly than the 85 limit. Not that hard to understand.

I think you completely misunderstood what I was saying.

Advertisement
Back