Devante Bond gets Miami Offer

Advertisement
well, AJL will count toward last yr, and we lost Witt so there is two 'ships from last yr we can use. Didn't we have a couple of guys leave the team at some point? Dont recall who but I am pretty sure one or two guys left the team. So that would be a couple more. The key is finding guys that can and want to come early. That is a tough task this late in the recruiting cycle.

There are a lot of variables involved. It's really not worth worrying if there is enough room for these guys. The coaches have the best idea. Always have. If they offer a guy, they have room for him.

They're not going to turn down a player they like and offered because they don't have space.

For a raw talent, he sure does use his hands well when engaging offensive tackles. Combine that with his explosion, and you've got a very good pass-rusher there. He's basically an experienced version of what we want Gabe Terry to be. I'm a fan.

Gabe Terry, exactly what I was thinking

well, AJL will count toward last yr, and we lost Witt so there is two 'ships from last yr we can use. Didn't we have a couple of guys leave the team at some point? Dont recall who but I am pretty sure one or two guys left the team. So that would be a couple more. The key is finding guys that can and want to come early. That is a tough task this late in the recruiting cycle.

Witt
Barton
Jermain Johnson

Advertisement

Witt
Barton
Jermain Johnson

add: Vernon Davis, Junior Alexis

expect a few to leave also.. Perry, White, Cleveland

Witt
Barton
Jermain Johnson

add: Vernon Davis, Junior Alexis

expect a few to leave also.. Perry, White, Cleveland

Perry and Cleveland arent leaving

5 schollies left we can use on EEs...Witt counted against 2011 cycle

Last edited:
I don't think it matters who counts towards last year. We can sign up to 25 this year I believe. We run into an issue with the total amount of scholarship players on the team I believe which is why we can only hand out so few this year.

it matters if Al wants 2 oversign....cut dead weight and still in theory self-impose a 10 schollie reduction for 2013 cycle

Advertisement
Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I wonder why he's rated so low by scout only a 2 star

Scout, mainly the guys at JCFootball, are just really bad with giving players ratings or at least modifying their rankings. The guys at the top are often guys who have SEC offers before the season began...but, most JUCO kids peak in their sophomore year.

So, they never really get evaluated at their best football. Like I mentioned in the Hooks thread, he was awarded as the best DT in the Miss JUCO school system...the same system that had 5 higher rated talents, most of which are going to the SEC...yet he's only rated as a 2*.

Ray Ray also left the team, that's another ship that was freed up no?

yep. Hughes might not be back as well.

Ray Ray was a senior..

True, but people might not be counting that slot as currently open when calculating the numbers for next year. If all you are doing is counting the graduating Seniors, then you have to figure Ray Ray's ship into those numbers, even though his name doesnt show up on the list of outgoing.

FWIW, I'd take this Bond cat in a second. Provides some versatility that we desperately lack. AND, he can get after the QB. We were awful in regards to applying pressure to the QB this year. I don't care where the rush comes from...a linebacker spot, the interior, out on the edge...but we need to get into the backfield with more regularity.

FWIW, I'd take this Bond cat in a second. Provides some versatility that we desperately lack. AND, he can get after the QB. We were awful in regards to applying pressure to the QB this year. I don't care where the rush comes from...a linebacker spot, the interior, out on the edge...but we need to get into the backfield with more regularity.

I mentioned Markus White a while back. I DGAF if Bond is a one trick pony (not sure) its one area we are absolutely desperate for production. Hoping Chick, McCord, Terry, Hoilett step up is one thing but we need someone right NOW.

Advertisement
Back