Details on Friday meeting between Blake James and large donors

View as article
Advertisement
My best guess:

The assessment part isn't the issue. Anyone can do that. It's the power to make unilateral changes. That seems to be the hold up. If Highsmith is ok with being an advisor and overseer of football that can then bring recommendations to Blake to make calls then that would work, imo.

Unclear if Highsmith wants that. He wants to be more a CEO type of football which takes Blake out of any decision making capacity.

Blake apparently would be against that. Board can override Blake but they are split and Frenk ineffective to do anything since apparently he is a lame duck President.
I don’t see what purpose that role would serve. Blake has already shown, clearly, that he can’t or won’t make good decisions regarding the program. He doesn’t need an ‘advisor.’ He needs / the institution needs prgram decisions to be made by someone competent to make them. Personally, I think that person should be a new AD, but if it’s to be a football GM type, then create the job and let someone do it. More advice for James seems like a fail fail proposition all around.

Advertisement
U also have to acknowledge other peoples roles beyond flake when you speak about his ONLY success which is fund raising. He is a resourceful dude when it comes to raising funds. But from what I've seen hes simply taken advantage of some convenient relationships when it comes to that as well. In his capacity as an athletic director I feel our programs have all at best remained par to the course. Our baseball program was better when he first came In and has taken a drastic turn down for numerous reasons. Basketball is basically the same. A mid of the pack acc squad. Football we know already. The rest are what they are. I dont feel he brings much to the table that justifies his role as the ad at this university. But that's just my opinion.

Of course, others were involved with fundraising and ticket sales. I am not suggesting that Blake has done well in his current role as AD. I was responding to comments that he sucked at every position he had at UM.

Hilarious when coming from one of the yapping HERD parrots always repeating, word for word, what the other HERD members vomit-up on this message board. Not much on self-reflection, eh, Bunkie?
So you’re trial attempt at being part of the HERD is over? Back to anti-HERD Ernie?

Advertisement
So you’re trial attempt at being part of the HERD is over? Back to anti-HERD Ernie?

Never been a follower...lead, follow or get the **** out of the way! I am not anti-HERD, I am anti-STUPIDITY!

Allow me to ask you this RVA, after almost two decades of non-stop bashing every single facet of the Canes football program (not saying you personally have been at it that long), and then some by the HERD, what do they have to show for it?

The reality is that the most fanatical HERD members enjoy the bashing and become furious if one suggests they take a time out, as that is interpreted as an effort to rob them of their addiction. The irony is, one of the most prominent constants is the endless bashing of UM football. So, why not try something novel...SUPPORT THE F'KING TEAM!!!

This is no longer a football message board where reasonable people exchange ideas, it is a poorly upholstered Frudeian psychiatric couch where many insufferable people consciously or subconsciously see their mission is to burn the program to the ground. If you want to look at an eerily similar situation study the Tennessee football program, beginning with the last several years of Fulmer. It has been almost 15-years since the Tennesse fans began to burn that once-proud program to the ground, and it has never recovered. No big-name coaches will come within 500 miles of the Tennessee campus and their recruiting is in the proverbial, unwashed toilet. That story is the mirror image as to what has happened to the UM football program.

When James has made it crystal clear that Diaz will remain as the head coach through at least next year why in the **** would true fans continue to do everything in their power to nuke the 2020 season? Those "fans" are planning to erect $7,000 billboards, conduct protest marches, fly banner planes, telling people to not make donations or purchase tickets, are making negative comments to the parents of recruits or potential recruits, constantly composing wildly negative rumors/lies, spewing 24/7 hate on this message board and others, etc., etc., etc

And with all of the above taking place and much more, recruiting is being annihilated. Further, no sane head coach of quality will ever again step foot on Miami's campus (see Tennessee). This kid they just hired to be the offensive coordinator has no worldly clue what he is in for as already there is a faction whining he's the wrong guy. After his first 3 and out next season the HERD will start howling that so and so was right...THE GUY IS A BUM...FIRE HIM!!

Now the canned response to my comments will go something like this...Oh right! We fans caused the administration to hire Coker, Shannon, Golden, Richt, and Diaz. We forced them to hire Enos, and not recruit so and so, and not develop players and blah, blah blah. But, when your fanbase lives to convince anyone who will listen to them that the Miami Hurricanes football program is the biggest **** show in the world for almost 20-years the reality is Enos was the best we could get, recruits and their parents are now avoiding Miami football like the plague and the quality of players are at such a low level there is no developing many of them (i.e. the offensive line).

Yes, I know, I will once again be referred to as a "slurper", a "Hecht Center ****hole" and a variety of other childish, sadly, not even funny labels (Please, put somebody to work on developing new labels who possesses a maturity level above a 5-year-old). Yet, I've never tried to make myself feel better about my life by criticizing other people or enterprises. If the people who passionately despise the Canes football program took a small fraction of the time they spend complaining about the Canes and invested it into making their lives and the lives of their families better, the world would be, at least fractionally, a better place.

Again, after almost two decades of non-stop bashing every single facet of the Canes football program, and then some by the HERD, what do they have to show for it?

PS; Don't you just love the Rhodes Scholars who respond with...too long-didn't read it?

Last edited:
Never been a follower...lead, follow or get the **** out of the way! I am not anti-HERD, I am anti-STUPIDITY!

Allow me to ask you this RVA, after almost two decades of non-stop bashing every single facet of the Canes football program (not saying you personally have been at it that long), and then some by the HERD, what do they have to show for it?

The reality is that the most fanatical HERD members enjoy the bashing and become furious if one suggests they take a time out, as that is interpreted as an effort to rob them of their addiction. The irony is, one of the most prominent constants is the endless bashing of UM football. So, why not try something novel...SUPPORT THE F'KING TEAM!!!

This is no longer a football message board where reasonable people exchange ideas, it is a poorly upholstered Frudeian psychiatric couch where many insufferable people consciously or subconsciously see their mission is to burn the program to the ground. If you want to look at an eerily similar situation study the Tennessee football program, beginning with the last several years of Fulmer. It has been almost 15-years since the Tennesse fans began to burn that once-proud program to the ground, and it has never recovered. No big-name coaches will come within 500 miles of the Tennessee campus and their recruiting is in the proverbial, unwashed toilet. That story is the mirror image as to what has happened to the UM football program.

When James has made it crystal clear that Diaz will remain as the head coach through at least next year why in the **** would true fans continue to do everything in their power to nuke the 2020 season? Those "fans" are planning to erect $7,000 billboards, conduct protest marches, fly banner planes, telling people to not make donations or purchase tickets, are making negative comments to the parents of recruits or potential recruits, constantly composing wildly negative rumors/lies, spewing 24/7 hate on this message board and others, etc., etc., etc

And with all of the above taking place and much more, recruiting is being annihilated. Further, no sane head coach of quality will ever again step foot on Miami's campus (see Tennessee). This kid they just hired to be the offensive coordinator has no worldly clue what he is in for as already there is a faction whining he's the wrong guy. After his first 3 and out next season the HERD will start howling that so and so was right...THE GUY IS A BUM...FIRE HIM!!

Now the canned response to my comments will go something like this...Oh right! We fans caused the administration to hire Coker, Shannon, Golden, Richt, and Diaz. We forced them to hire Enos, and not recruit so and so, and not develop players and blah, blah blah. But, when your fanbase lives to convince anyone who will listen to them that the Miami Hurricanes football program is the biggest **** show in the world for almost 20-years the reality is Enos was the best we could get, recruits and their parents are now avoiding Miami football like the plague and the quality of players are at such a low level there is no developing many of them (i.e. the offensive line).

Yes, I know, I will once again be referred to as a "slurper", a "Hecht Center ****hole" and a variety of other childish, sadly, not even funny labels (Please, put somebody to work on developing new labels who possesses a maturity level above a 5-year-old). Yet, I've never tried to make myself feel better about my life by criticizing other people or enterprises. If the people who passionately despise the Canes football program took a small fraction of the time they spend complaining about the Canes and invested it into making their lives and the lives of their families better, the world would be, at least fractionally, a better place.

Again, after almost two decades of non-stop bashing every single facet of the Canes football program, and then some by the HERD, what do they have to show for it?

PS; Don't you just love the Rhodes Scholars who respond with...too long-didn't read it?
211886D3-F058-4A29-867D-4900F481A9FF.gif

TLDR

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t see what purpose that role would serve. Blake has already shown, clearly, that he can’t or won’t make good decisions regarding the program. He doesn’t need an ‘advisor.’ He needs / the institution needs prgram decisions to be made by someone competent to make them. Personally, I think that person should be a new AD, but if it’s to be a football GM type, then create the job and let someone do it. More advice for James seems like a fail fail proposition all around.

Not making a judgment if that is good or bad just trying to figure out what the power struggle is going on behind scenes. It seems Blake is willing to hire AH but not in any authoritative capacity where he gives up any influence. His hand will need to be forced to accept AH in a more authoritative role. And I also think AH is not interested in the AD role (and it is arguable he is even qualified)...just a more limited role in charge of football only.

Of course, others were involved with fundraising and ticket sales. I am not suggesting that Blake has done well in his current role as AD. I was responding to comments that he sucked at every position he had at UM.

Comments ("that he sucked at every position he had at UM") which I never made.

I questioned his 2 uneventful years in fund-raising. I never said that he sucked as a ticket office guy.

I asked you to provide evidence of his fund-raising, not his ticket-selling.

You just keep changing the subject to obscure the fact that you were touting his pre-AD qualifications, while providing zero evidence.

100% facts. I've said it for many months now. Negative & toxic energy is not the proper way to change the situation, and it is definitely doing way more harm than good. Thanks to you my position on this topic has done a complete 180

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back