Details on Friday meeting between Blake James and large donors

View as article
So now you are trying to spin things.

The fact remains, that in the last 8 years, two coaches have left this "perfect place", Oregon, for what TO THEM were dream jobs.

Kelly left after 4 years to go to the NFL, his "dream job".

Taggart left after 1 year to go to F$U, his stated "dream job".

If Mario's dream job is to be the head coach at his alma mater, all of Oregon's facilities would not stop him from leaving.

As for salary, you are one of those dopes who lives in the past. "Is it my position"? What kind of moron would take an opposing position. If Miami hires an established coach with a track record, we pay well. We did with Richt. We did NOT pay as high of a salary for Diaz (first time HC), Golden (Temple), Shannon (first time HC), Coker (first time HC), or Davis (first time HC).

Stop being a crybaby about "coaching salary" and stop making that your primary argument. Nobody, not one single person on this board, has advocated trying to hire Mario on the cheap. Yet you make an argument against...something nobody is saying.

Everyone knows that if we make an offer to Mario, it would cost us money. He just finished with a Top 5 ranking. Objectively, he is worth the higher salary.

So just stop being an anti-Miami troll.
agreed,I do not think salary is an issue at HC but investment in staff, investment in support staff analyst roles etc.investment in S&C as well
we need to be prepared to support the structure of a program that Mario is used working with to win at the highest level

Advertisement
Because it’s home and he knows how great Miami can be if they ever get the right person to lead us. Mario is doing a good job but don’t kid yourself just like when Chip was there even with all the Nike money Oregon ceiling was/is a lot lower than Miami.

I want to believe too. But I’m starting to think this “Mario would drop everything for only his dream job of coaching UM” is like the folks who use to say for years that “Urban Meyer will only drop everything for one job..the ND job”. And it never happened. And don’t think if he wanted it Brian Kelly’s a$$ would be out of there in 5 seconds flat. I just think it’s all hearsay at this point about Mario/UM. I really hope im wrong.

Get a good coach here and watch things turn around?? Good luck with that mission!

Butch Davis was here and this "special" fanbase flew banner planes claiming he was a terrible coach and should be fired.

At the end of the next season, after he had assembled and coached the best college football team in history (the phony polls screwed that team out of playing for the National Championship), it was time to renew his contract.

The administration did a terrible job of negotiating, yet, despite that Butch was ready to sign a new contract.

But, at the 11th hour, his wife took him aside and warned him, "It was only a few months earlier when UM "fans" were demanding you be fired. And the instant you lose another game they will resume attacking you and devaluing your worth."

Butch signed with the Browns!

If you want to pinpoint when Miami no longer had their pick of coaches to lead the Canes look no further than that episode, which coincides with the Canes almost two-decade-long irrelevance.

And the worst part, the treatment that Davis experienced was child's play compared to what is sadly occurring today.
I
Those same fans who flew the banners and screamed for him to be fired are the same ones wanting him back.

Advertisement
The role that stu spoke on and said was agreed to was same power as blake but in relation to football. Not sure if anything has changed as I didnt speak to either today. But I'm curious if that's what the lashlee announcement timing was about. I'm sure plenty will have issues with me. No problem. I understand. You fellas have a great weekend.

No issue with you here. I'm just interested in your next update if you have one.

The donor was paul dimare... and him and stu want a Alabama Clemson OSU type staff
Will clean house next year. No one will have a job including flake if they have their way. Let's pray

Any insight on whether they have enough power or backing to make this happen?

Advertisement
I want to believe too. But I’m starting to think this “Mario would drop everything for only his dream job of coaching UM” is like the folks who use to say for years that “Urban Meyer will only drop everything for one job..the ND job”. And it never happened. And don’t think if he wanted it Brian Kelly’s a$$ would be out of there in 5 seconds flat. I just think it’s all hearsay at this point about Mario/UM. I really hope im wrong.
Difference with Urban and ND, Urban could have gone to ND and instead he chose to go to UF so peeps saying ND is his dream job are just talking. His ties to ND were always flimsy at best so making ND to be a dream job bec he was a assistant coach for a few years was a stretch.

Mario is from here, his family is from here and most are still here. He was a fan even before he played here and won titles here, he started his coaching career here and even came back here twice to be a coach here (even though once was a cup of coffee stop) and unless you feel peeps are lying he was ready to comeback here last year before this ****stain usurped him. That’s totally different from any Urban ND folk tales.

Will Miami have to pay more to get him now because he’s no longer Mario the guy who got fired from FIU. Ofcourse and Miami should have to pay more because they disrespected him by taking a hack with no ties to the program who hadn’t cut his teeth as a HC over him. But let’s stop acting like Oregon pays like Bama and Miami is going to have to rob Fort Knox to get him. Someone can check but I think without bonuses Manure made more money then Mario did this year at rich *** Oregon smh.

The donor was paul dimare... and him and stu want a Alabama Clemson OSU type staff
Will clean house next year. No one will have a job including flake if they have their way. Let's pray

And this also matches up with the reported $25M available from earlier in this thread. Should be an interesting ride in 2020.

This is all really interesting and fun for the fans but how in the **** is an actual business run like this? In fighting, factions taking things in different directions. Glad that everyone is exposing what a clown show this University has been.

Advertisement
If you fired Diaz and James its going
to cost you alot of money.And the next coach and
staff replacement even more.But your not going to be
winner until that happens.You paid Richt 4Mil,now it
will be even more.

Sounds to me that Blake might have the backing of Epstein and Kadre, since they're the ones that influenced Blake James to make a quick hiring of Manny before the other BOT pushed Mario. This is higher than Blake , this falls on Epstein but Blake is taking the heat. Epstein made a political and self-interest decision based upon his relationship with Manny Sr. IMHO as it appears to me. Hence, the BOT civil war and Blake stiff arm to AH. He's got Epstein and Kadre in his corner. Frenk is just in the middle of a BOT struggle IMHO
I understand Manny Kadre's nexus with Manny Diaz Sr, but what is Epstein's nexus?

Advertisement
LMAO in other words, they don't want to be in the unemployment line!!
I cannot for the life of me understand why they are asking either if these two clowns what their thoughts are. Just hire the man if that’s what they want to do. What are they afraid of... Diaz or BJ quitting??? If either of them were competent they wouldn’t be looking to make this move in the first place. This feels like bizzaro world.

Advertisement
Back