Details on Friday meeting between Blake James and large donors

View as article
Advertisement
Why did no one tell me how beautiful Paul Dimare was?

0F435E51-F7B6-421B-8E2C-89AB91C405BE.jpeg

UCF paid Frost $1.7 million, Nebraska paid Frost $5 million-plus incentives, which helps explain why he went home to coach.

Oregon will compensate Mario Cristobol with $4.325 million (that figure includes performance bonuses) and that number will rise significantly over the coming years. In other words, he has zero incentive to leave a program on the rise to take on the Miami program, unless he's a ********* and is looking for a fan base that will do everything in their power to destroy him and his family.
I tired of going back and forth about this but y’all need to stop acting like Oregon is throwing around money to coaches like they’re SEC, BIG10 or TX. They were paying their coach who was within a FG of winning them a BCS title $800k more than we were paying a bum from Temple that hadn’t won ****.

Also unless Mario believes he’s a corch then he’s not worried about his family being destroyed. Fans down here don’t **** on coaches that aren’t total asswipes. **** we were all licking Marks taint in 2017 even with the smoke and mirrors job he was doing until it became obvious that he cared more about protecting his boy then he did the well being of the program.

Keep thinking Miami is just a **** job and it can never be good again. I remember when Bama was getting turned down by corches so they could stay and coach at West Virginia lol.

Get a good coach here and watch how quickly things can turn around here. Money, recruiting, facilities, etc. Mark showed everyone a glimpse of that in 2017.

Attachments

• F3D1BA62-836D-4B85-85CA-9D091115ABE8.jpeg
    F3D1BA62-836D-4B85-85CA-9D091115ABE8.jpeg
    294 KB · Views: 147
  • 2E0F4018-F22F-4936-B6BB-746C2ABE849F.jpeg
    2E0F4018-F22F-4936-B6BB-746C2ABE849F.jpeg
    443.3 KB · Views: 137
Sounds to me that Blake might have the backing of Epstein and Kadre, since they're the ones that influenced Blake James to make a quick hiring of Manny before the other BOT pushed Mario. This is higher than Blake , this falls on Epstein but Blake is taking the heat. Epstein made a political and self-interest decision based upon his relationship with Manny Sr. IMHO as it appears to me. Hence, the BOT civil war and Blake stiff arm to AH. He's got Epstein and Kadre in his corner. Frenk is just in the middle of a BOT struggle IMHO
This

Advertisement
I tired of going back and forth about this but y’all need to stop acting like Oregon is throwing around money to coaches like they’re SEC, BIG10 or TX. They were paying their coach who was within a FG of winning them a BCS title $800k more than we were paying a bum from Temple that hadn’t won ****.

Also unless Mario believes he’s a corch then he’s not worried about his family being destroyed. Fans down here don’t **** on coaches that aren’t total asswipes. **** we were all licking Marks taint in 2017 even with the smoke and mirrors job he was doing until it became obvious that he cared more about protecting his boy then he did the well being of the program.

Keep thinking Miami is just a **** job and it can never be good again. I remember when Bama was getting turned down by corches so they could stay and coach at West Virginia lol.

Get a good coach here and watch how quickly things can turn around here. Money, recruiting, facilities, etc. Mark showed everyone a glimpse of that in 2017.

Get a good coach here and watch things turn around?? Good luck with that mission!

Butch Davis was here and this "special" fanbase flew banner planes claiming he was a terrible coach and should be fired.

At the end of the next season, after he had assembled and coached the best college football team in history (the phony polls screwed that team out of playing for the National Championship), it was time to renew his contract.

The administration did a terrible job of negotiating, yet, despite that Butch was ready to sign a new contract.

But, at the 11th hour, his wife took him aside and warned him, "It was only a few months earlier when UM "fans" were demanding you be fired. And the instant you lose another game they will resume attacking you and devaluing your worth."

Butch signed with the Browns!

If you want to pinpoint when Miami no longer had their pick of coaches to lead the Canes look no further than that episode, which coincides with the Canes almost two-decade-long irrelevance.

And the worst part, the treatment that Davis experienced was child's play compared to what is sadly occurring today.

Just can't figure out why Mario would leave Oregon to become the Canes head coach.

Oregon is on the cusp of becoming a playoff team and potential National Champion. Their football/athletic facilities are a college football Disney Land. Phil Knight is their multi-billionaire Sugar Daddy who has proven to be a never-ending ATM machine. Anything Mario wants he gets. He is the King Tutt/Elvis Presley of Oregon. And, he's raising his family in one of the most beautiful areas of the world where the crime rate is a fraction of what it is in Miami.

And he's going to leave that to come to Miami where if he doesn't win a National Championship his first-year banner planes will be flying and billboards erected calling him the worst coach ever and demanding he be fired, horsewhipped and tied to the bumper of a car and dragged out of town...not to mention his family members being dragged across hot coals.

And yet Taggart left Oregon 2 years ago for F$U (dream job)...

I love how everyone makes Oregon out to be some kind of perfect job, yet so many coaches choose to leave Oregon...

Also consider the following. Blake's contract provides him with control and direction of athletics including football of course. If control and direction over football is removed from Blake then his contract has been breached. It could constitute a constructive termination.

So how would you describe Beta Blake sending 24 cent checks to Al Golden?

UM should absolutely breach Beta Blake's contract and send him 24 cent checks for the foreseeable future.

Advertisement
And yet Taggart left Oregon 2 years ago for F$U (dream job)...

I love how everyone makes Oregon out to be some kind of perfect job, yet so many coaches choose to leave Oregon...

For Kelly, Taggert, and Mario Oregon certainly has been a dream job.

If you want to get specific about Mario...He's not leaving Oregon anytime soon unless someone wants to pay him $5 million-plus annually. Is it your position that the University of Miami is prepared to pony up that kind of cash?

So many coaches have left Oregon? Two coaches left for "dream" jobs and one was fired.

Kelly left after the NFL Eagles gave him a five-year contract worth $32.5 million, and for the most part, they handed over the football operations to the man. Kelly is set for life.

Mark Helfrich was fired or he would still be at Oregon.

Taggert went to FSU who gave him a stunning $30 million contract over six years, which has him set for life.

Those contracts came about due to what those coaches did at Oregon....seems kinda dreamy to me.

Also consider the following. Blake's contract provides him with control and direction of athletics including football of course. If control and direction over football is removed from Blake then his contract has been breached. It could constitute a constructive termination.
I think they can probably terminate him for cause for failure to perform at an acceptable level at some point, if not now, definitely if Manny fails next season.

Advertisement
So you are going to continue to body-shame people, now you are picking on an old man?

An old man who doesn't spend all of his days impersonating a *** man?
An old man who’s done a shît ton for the school nonetheless. Smh at Androol bringing nywasteoftime back to CIS to pick up where he left off.

Advertisement
For Kelly, Taggert, and Mario Oregon certainly has been a dream job.

If you want to get specific about Mario...He's not leaving Oregon anytime soon unless someone wants to pay him $5 million-plus annually. Is it your position that the University of Miami is prepared to pony up that kind of cash?

So many coaches have left Oregon? Two coaches left for "dream" jobs and one was fired.

Kelly left after the NFL Eagles gave him a five-year contract worth $32.5 million, and for the most part, they handed over the football operations to the man. Kelly is set for life.

Mark Helfrich was fired or he would still be at Oregon.

Taggert went to FSU who gave him a stunning $30 million contract over six years, which has him set for life.

Those contracts came about due to what those coaches did at Oregon....seems kinda dreamy to me.

So now you are trying to spin things.

The fact remains, that in the last 8 years, two coaches have left this "perfect place", Oregon, for what TO THEM were dream jobs.

Kelly left after 4 years to go to the NFL, his "dream job".

Taggart left after 1 year to go to F$U, his stated "dream job".

If Mario's dream job is to be the head coach at his alma mater, all of Oregon's facilities would not stop him from leaving.

As for salary, you are one of those dopes who lives in the past. "Is it my position"? What kind of moron would take an opposing position. If Miami hires an established coach with a track record, we pay well. We did with Richt. We did NOT pay as high of a salary for Diaz (first time HC), Golden (Temple), Shannon (first time HC), Coker (first time HC), or Davis (first time HC).

Stop being a crybaby about "coaching salary" and stop making that your primary argument. Nobody, not one single person on this board, has advocated trying to hire Mario on the cheap. Yet you make an argument against...something nobody is saying.

Everyone knows that if we make an offer to Mario, it would cost us money. He just finished with a Top 5 ranking. Objectively, he is worth the higher salary.

So just stop being an anti-Miami troll.

Talk to me about Mario next year now that his superstar qb is gone. People talk about dude like he's Dabo.
Mario not only had a senior QB, I believe his offensive line led the nation in combined starts. He is going to have to replace the QB and I believe at least three on the OL. By all accounts, he has recruited well however, that's a lot to replace and gel together. We shall see... GO CANES

I don't let my disappoint in the program impact past events. The fact is Blake has held roles at UM involving both gifts and ticket sales. Blake was good at both of these roles. This, of course, should not impact the decision to keep him on as AD, but for Blake it is probably where he lands after leaving UM.

Lol yea he was very quick to fund the IPF. Get the **** outta here.

Advertisement
Back