Details on Friday meeting between Blake James and large donors

View as article
Kelly took the Ducks to four consecutive BCS Bowl Games and the 2011 BCS National Championship Game, where they lost to Auburn on a last-second field goal. Additionally, he took them to 2 BCS Rose Bowls and a BCS Fiesta Bowl.

That seems to prove that Oregon's ceiling is at least the same as Miami's, and regrettably, even higher.

As for Miami, Mario's home town, being an asset in terms of luring him away from Oregon, when he briefly signed with the Canes and Alabama offered him a job all you could hear was his screeching car tires and see was his rapidly fading taillights as he rocketed out of town.

Again, I just don't see the upside for Mario to join the Canes, but could write several paragraphs on the potential downside for him if he were to join the Canes.

And by the way, I am regularly called a "slurper" (which I proudly embrace) so the above admission **** near kills me.
Oregon ceiling is higher because they had a innovative young coach who was good enough to land to NFL jobs before he stopped caring where as Miami has had a laundry list of corches that have been so bad even now none of them can get a second shot a being a HC anywhere.
Let me say it again Miami corches have been so bad in a business where coaches get recycled again and again non of them have been able to get another HC job. ***ing Willie Taggart who got his ***** pushed in by Manure and Penos already has another HC job yet NONE of the asshats that Miami has hired has sniffed another HC job. Tell me about how better Oregon is when Miami finally hires a coach that won’t get their teeth kicked in constantly by schools they have the talent advantage over and maybe I’ll consider it.

Mario wasn’t just born here he freaking played here and knows what Miami can be with the right person running the ship. coaches that are worth a **** don’t limit themselves by thinking they can’t win a certain places. It’s an arrogance in their mentality about their ability and that’s why coaches take **** jobs all the time. **** why did Frost leave UCF for Nebraska when he had it made in the shade at UCF?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Stealing this theory from someone else but it makes a lot of sense. Oregon knows the only way they lose Mario is to the NFL or Miami. If they feel Zo is how Mario ends up back in Miami in a year then I can see them trying to find a way to bring Zo in under their roof to keep him and ultimately Mario from Miami.

Can't see Zo going to Oregon unless he's desperate for a job. Supposedly he has business interests and investments so doesn't need employment. Also, he supposedly has said the only college job he would leave the NFL for is at Miami.

That was a rumor, odds are that Mario was trying to parlay himself a nice raise from Oregon. One day, our "Fans" will join the rest of us in the 21st century and realize that college football is like professional baseball. In other words, richest team usually wins. Give me one reason why Mario or any coach at a power school with unlimited resources in a significantly weaker conference would come here, and avoid throwing the "He went to school here" card.

Mario, like most professionals knows that you don't get brownie points for putting obstacles in front of your success. There's a reason why he job hopped on Miami when Alabama came calling. He's a merc, and Oregon is a perfect merc job. He can win 10+ games by letting the machinery work and the "Recruiting" executed, and he will be paid like a God in the process. Why come to Miami, where you have legitimate obstacles, just because? Exactly.
Miami plays in the worst division in all of football miss me with all these obstacles that stop a coach from winning 10+ games a year here unless they are a corch. Even a **** monkey could have won 10 games against the garbage schedule we played last year. Unfortunately we hired a dude that is dumber than a monkey.
Also even for as ****** as we have been and all these advantages Mario is supposed to have at Oregon especially with USC not even trying to recruit this year. Oregon class is only five spots higher and Miami actually has a better star average. So Mario would be able to recruit just as good at Miami as he’s doing at Oregon considering these dip****s we have now are basically recruiting on par with Oregon and all their benefits.

I think people believe that there are a handful to a dozen BOT members when in fact there's 80'ish. While there are those who are more influential and hands on than others, they all get one vote apiece to make various decisions.

They want Blake gone, they gotta get the numbers.

They want a new position created, as in what's suggested with Highsmith, it has to be voted on.

Anything can be done if the numbers are on your side. There hasn't been a vote on the Highsmith position or one on firing Blake. Just talk amongst them, no different than other talking on here.
All 80 aren't involved at the level required to make a decision on this subject. There is an executive committee.

Advertisement
Per a source with knowledge of the meeting, a group of high-level donors met with Blake James on Friday. The purpose of the meeting was to offer significant money if Manny was willing to make necessary changes.

Most notably, the group wanted Alonzo Highsmith to take on a general manager role that would usurp some of Blake and Manny’s power over the football program. One booster even offered to pay Highsmith’s salary for two years. Blake refused and instead offered a more traditional “chief of staff” role that was mostly administrative in nature.

Highsmith is not expected to accept the offer and instead is in discussions with Mario Cristobal at Oregon.
That last sentence is an absolute dagger

The Lashlee announcement so early makes perfect sense now. Flake tried to distract people from what was about to come out LOL

It was to counteract and distract the public from the damning articles in the Herald and Sun Sentinnel. All the Hecht dirty laundry was hung out to dry. They had to rush that out so they looked like they were doing something positive

I dont think Oregon will ever win a championship. Chip Kelly caught CFB defenses by surprise with his novel offense and capitalized. I don't see that happening again. Cristobal is an ace recruiter, they probably finished #6 in the country in the AP with the #12 recruiting class, yet 6-7 Miami with a coach who may be out next year and more dysfunction than any program in the country is only a few spots behind.

Oregon isn't going to be able to get enough talent to take down Alabama, Ohio State, or Clemson. They will be close but wont ever be able to get over the hump. They have to recruit nationally and bring ALL the talent to Oregon. Miami has the talent in it's back yard. An ace recruiter doesn't have to travel more than 60 miles from Miami to build a championship caliber team. It doesn't matter how much money Phil Knight puts in the program, he can't turn the state of Oregon into fertile recruiting grounds.

Advertisement
All 80 aren't involved at the level required to make a decision on this subject. There is an executive committee.

To create a new position that creates a new expense, I believe they are if it's outside the budget. Which is why I believe one of them offered to pay it to essentially get it done faster. Could be wrong of course and who knows if what is being reported is accurate.

Also consider the following. Blake's contract provides him with control and direction of athletics including football of course. If control and direction over football is removed from Blake then his contract has been breached. It could constitute a constructive termination.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Oregon ceiling is higher because they had a innovative young coach who was good enough to land to NFL jobs before he stopped caring where as Miami has had a laundry list of corches that have been so bad even now none of them can get a second shot a being a HC anywhere.
Let me say it again Miami corches have been so bad in a business where coaches get recycled again and again non of them have been able to get another HC job. ***ing Willie Taggart who got his ***** pushed in by Manure and Penos already has another HC job yet NONE of the asshats that Miami has hired has sniffed another HC job. Tell me about how better Oregon is when Miami finally hires a coach that won’t get their teeth kicked in constantly by schools they have the talent advantage over and maybe I’ll consider it.

Mario wasn’t just born here he freaking played here and knows what Miami can be with the right person running the ship. coaches that are worth a **** don’t limit themselves by thinking they can’t win a certain places. It’s an arrogance in their mentality about their ability and that’s why coaches take **** jobs all the time. **** why did Frost leave UCF for Nebraska when he had it made in the shade at UCF?

UCF paid Frost $1.7 million, Nebraska paid Frost $5 million-plus incentives, which helps explain why he went home to coach.

Oregon will compensate Mario Cristobol with $4.325 million (that figure includes performance bonuses) and that number will rise significantly over the coming years. In other words, he has zero incentive to leave a program on the rise to take on the Miami program, unless he's a ********* and is looking for a fan base that will do everything in their power to destroy him and his family.

UCF paid Frost $1.7 million, Nebraska paid Frost $5 million-plus incentives, which helps explain why he went home to coach.

Oregon will compensate Mario Cristobol with $4.325 million (that figure includes performance bonuses) and that number will rise significantly over the coming years. In other words, he has zero incentive to leave a program on the rise to take on the Miami program, unless he's a ********* and is looking for a fan base that will do everything in their power to destroy him and his family.
Bingo. That ship has sailed, unless Miami is will to our bid Oregon and commit to spending 25 million plus a year on the program. That’s NEVER going to happen. Mario isn’t a charity. Wish him the best and maybe one day, he’ll stop in for a laugh.

Advertisement
Back