Details on Friday meeting between Blake James and large donors

View as article
If you James you get fired and take an associate AD job at another school. James isn't good at hiring coaches but by all accounts, he is good at fundraising.
So he’s good at stealing money? Because it goes to him and sure as sheet doesn’t go to improving the program

Advertisement
The strangest thing to me is that, from the outside looking in, a co-AD role with Blake James and Alonzo Highsmith splitting power seems like a dream match up.

Gimme the guy who knows sports and the guy who knows fund raising and tell them to do what they know how to do.

Fcuking UM Management is beyond incompetent.

you guys do realize that something like this has never happened before in the history of college football, right? do you think there's a reason why that is? has canesinsight stumbled on a solution to college football that has eluded millions of other people over the last 100 years?

I don't let my disappoint in the program impact past events. The fact is Blake has held roles at UM involving both gifts and ticket sales. Blake was good at both of these roles. This, of course, should not impact the decision to keep him on as AD, but for Blake it is probably where he lands after leaving UM.

Advertisement
you guys do realize that something like this has never happened before in the history of college football, right? do you think there's a reason why that is? has canesinsight stumbled on a solution to college football that has eluded millions of other people over the last 100 years?
I said yesterday there's been tons of research done on the Co-CEO approach. It mostly fails. For lots of reasons. In the very few instances it works, it's a specific scenario involving founders or family, it seems. Neither case applies here. No need to re-invent the wheel here. The research on co-CEO approach has been done. Hire one person and hold that person accountable or give that person the credit. That aspect isn't complicated. For us, identifying the right person is apparently multi-variable calculus being solved by 3rd graders.

imagine if after all this time blake is some bad *** tom cruise mission impossible type dude who is in a bad situation and taking all the heat lmao

didn't this guy actually want to hire butch davis?

instead of the movie inception, we got blakeceptions

Y
When did Blake do "fund-raising" separate from his job as AD?

And even if he has been good at "ticket sales", he has mishandled numerous high-profile opportunities, including the UM-UF game on-sale process.

Seriously, I don't care if he was the best ticket rep ever, but let's not build a retroactive myth about him.
You know what hurts your ability to fund raise in the long term? Sticking your middle finger up to your big boosters multiple times. It is actually insane and incredibly stupid on his part. If Manny does not significantly turn it around and he wants to fire him, he will have to go to those same people that he has now told to go **** themselves twice for the money to fire Manny and hire someone else and they will likely give him a pink slip with a middle finger.

Incredibly stupid for him to not build a role for AH and look innovative. Build out a proper scouting department headed by a former NFL exec to review film, communicate with recruits and help determine offers. Then build a bit of insulation in case Diaz sucks and look progressive in the process. You need to have AH do more than just hire and fire coaches.

One area I also hoped Manny would be different from Golden and Richt was his ability to be introspective and adaptable. Recruiting is not his strong suit and it would have been a smart way for him to shed some of that responsibility and criticism.

tldr - Blake James and Manny Diaz and their incompetent egos can sit on a splintered broom stick.

I said yesterday there's been tons of research done on the Co-CEO approach. It mostly fails. For lots of reasons. In the very few instances it works, it's a specific scenario involving founders or family, it seems. Neither case applies here. No need to re-invent the wheel here. The research on co-CEO approach has been done. Hire one person and hold that person accountable or give that person the credit. That aspect isn't complicated. For us, identifying the right person is apparently multi-variable calculus being solved by 3rd graders.

we had two different ADs interview dan mullen in two different coaching searches. a great solution to our problems would've been to hire him either of those two times. instead of now hiring a fired NFL scout who has never worked in college to revamp our athletic department, the vaunted board of trustees should instead find an AD -- as in, someone with experience in college athletic departments -- who is competent enough to make the correct coaching hire.

Advertisement
Again, if there’s no big change (and a new OC isn’t it) do not watch or spend money on the team. It’s the only way to fix this program. None of this “You need to support the players” bull****. Half the ******* guys we have we didn’t even want. Unfortunately, this is the only way to be heard.

Couldn't agree more with this post.

Game 1, Maybe beats Temple and a lot of posters will show up on here with their chests out talking about how we didn't have faith, and how Manny just needed an OC. Same **** happened week after week this season. Dip****s forgot all about starting 0-2 because he ran it up against Bethune ******* Cookman. Then Central Michigan and the 28 point hole against VT happened. But Manny upset Virginia and the dip****s forgot about those games. Then there was the home loss to GT that was forgotten because of the 3 game winning streak. It'll be the same **** again next year after beating Temple.

I'm at the point where I'd rather see a ****** season ONE more time if it'll finally bring about the end of Manny and BJ. No more cheering close wins over ****** teams.

Advertisement
I don't let my disappoint in the program impact past events. The fact is Blake has held roles at UM involving both gifts and ticket sales. Blake was good at both of these roles. This, of course, should not impact the decision to keep him on as AD, but for Blake it is probably where he lands after leaving UM.

Held roles? Don't care. Good at those roles? Please. Tell me about all of the major contributions that Blake pulled in from 1998 to 2000, when he was Director of Major Gifts and Corporate Sales. Trust me, during those years UM Athletics was desperate for money, and was borrowing from the the UM operating fund.

she is the chair of the BOT...she is one of our biggest PROBLEMS

View attachment 107377
She is just a figure head for the real powers behind the scenes. As chair of BOT the BOT can show other schools how they are PC, etc. She only reflects the attitudes of those very wealth members ( 100 millionaires and billionaires) of the BOT pulling the strings.

Advertisement
You people really believe Mario is going to give control over to Highsmith at Oregon? People believe anything
9E0B7EBC-83C2-429C-8AA9-4EDAB1F843E8.gif

Don’t get the last sentence. Zo will not work with Manny because he wants more authority. Get that. Zo will work with Mario and not have the authority. Umm.

Lmao @ these puzzy *** BOT members. You want Highsmith, you ******* fire Blake and hire him
Just that simple.. nothing else needs to be said. Put pressure on Frenk..he fires James... this **** is like changing your oil

Advertisement
Back